Storms of Change, Part 3

Manzanita

First Post
hmmm

"I will attempt to put them to sleep. Although how to get through the portcullis, we'll have to see."

Manzanita then casts mage armor on herself. Next, she wills her light figure to round the bend, and approach the half-orcs, so she'll be able to see them. Then, she'll peep around the corner, revealing as little of herself as possible, and cast her sleep spell on the archers.

Verbatim

Explorer
All,

I know this isn't the right thread, but I couldn't find our old OOC thread. Due to my current RL issues, I have almost no time left for the boards and as such I have to drop out from the game.

I am sorry all, as I really enjoyed the game...

silentspace

First Post
Manzanita casts mage armor on herself and concentrates, moving her light figure around the bend towards the half-orcs. Peering around the corner, she sees the portcullis in the middle of the corridor. Beyond the portcullis the double doors are open, and there are four half-orcs visible, clustered around the edges of the doorways, with varying degrees of cover.

Manzanita begins casting as the half-orcs fire their bows. The arrows fly towards Manzanita, but they all bounce off the wall or her magical armor.

[Manzanita wins initiative, so the half-orcs only get one shot off.]

The four half-orcs fall to the floor, asleep.

OOC: We'll miss you Verbatim. Good luck.

Manzanita

First Post
Manzanita

"They're down!" Manzanita allows a bit a triumph to seep into her normally businesslike demeanor. "Come on." She turns the corner and moves up to the portcullis. "Do you think you can lift this, Zanock?"

Manzanita's eyes scan the walls beyond the portcullis. Is there any levers or such that might be the trigger?

silentspace

First Post
Zanock moves up to the portcullis, drops his falchion, and grabs hold of the portcullis. He lifts, grunting and straining, but fails to move the portcullis [Strength check 1+6=7].

Adromon, Dunathar and Devan, seeing Zanock trying to lift the portcullis, move forward, sheathing their weapons, and help. [Strength check 8+6+2+2+2=20 (I'm adding +2 for each person helping)]. The portcullis begins to creak but doesn't move much.

As they are straining, Manzanita sees two of the sleeping half-orcs being dragged around the corner, out of sight.

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: Rechecking Manzanita's spells, I realize she doesn't have Mage armor. She would have cast Sheild on herself earlier. She was having the dancing lights move around in search of a lever, which she hoped to use her mage hand spell to move.

If Manzanita can see the figure pulling the sleeping half-orcs, she'll cast magic missile at one. If not, she'll will her dancing light over to there, and shout "Surrender, and we'll spare your lives!"

silentspace

First Post
OOC: No problem. 5 rounds have passed since casting Shield. Sixth round coming up...

Zanock and the other warriors lift again. [Strength check 9+6+2+2+2=21 (I'm adding +2 for each person helping)]. The portcullis creaks and budges a little bit...

Manzanita couldn't see who pulled the two half-orcs back. The other two half-orcs, though, fell a little further out into the doorway, and it doesn't look like they can be reached without showing at least a little bit of themselves.

Manzanita moves the dancing lights to the doorway, illuminating the area, and shouts out "Surrender, and we'll spare your lives!"

There are some muffled voices, and a voice calls back "Never, mercenary scum!" You hear some slapping and another voice saying "Wake up!"

Manzanita

First Post
Manzanita

"Damn. Keep trying, gentlemen. If we can get throught this portcullis, I think they will fall like grain before our scythe." Manzanita readies her bow and aims it at where the orcs were dragged. If possible she will take some cover. If anyone appears around the corner she will shoot.

silentspace

First Post
Straining, the warriors try again, but still fail. [Strength check 7+6+2+2+2=19] Zanock grunts in frustration. "Can't get a good grip on it," he says.

A half-orc appears, partially hidden behind the doorway, reaching for another of his fallen comrades. Manzanita's arrow flies, piercing his neck [6 damage]. The half-orc, amazingly still on his feet with a look of shock on his face, pulls his sleeping companion around the corner.

Remove ads