• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Strahd's Goblinoid mini campaign "Yar Gock" - (recruiting is currently closed)

FreeXenon said:
SVZ: I posted this question with my character's post and am not sure if you saw it:
I was looking for a MW tools for Mining so I went with the purely arbitrary and conservative 100gp and 20 lbs. How does that sound?
Would it be OK to get a synergy bonus to Prof (Miner) Know from Know (Dungeoneering)?
Yes

Tailspinner
The "Yar-Gock" tribe don't have Worgsat all, only wolves, so it will be a wolf rider.
Better take some "Handle animal" if you don’t want the wolf to dine on you

Dire Lemming

First Post
But being evil is stupid and self destructive. That's why evil never wins. The only way to win by being evil is to already be stronger than everyone else around you or have no emotions whatsoever. Otherwise people kill you.

I just don't find it fun to be evil and have everyone hate me.

Hrm... I'm interested in playing a goblin, and I'm interested in playing a cleric, but I'm not comfortable with performing human sacrifices... I guess if it's just Dwarves it's ok though. :\

Rhun

First Post
Hey Strahd, will you allow the Greenbound Summoning feat, or is it too overpowered for this campaign?

Thanks.

doghead

thotd
I like the idea of playing things from the other side - one of my favourite characters was a hobgoblin bard. I took a half step in that direction with my half-orc game. It would be nice to have a crack at it as a player.

I'm thinking a Wolf Rider. 2nd level seems a little low to be one of the Super elite warriors. After deciding to make the character female, I saw that females don't rank very well in goblin society - which just made it even better. I hope that you like her as much as I do.

There is something feral about Ur'nagi even by goblin standards. She lives, eats and sleeps with her wolf. She talks, when she talks, in low growls and snarls. She dresses in the furs of the animals she has killed, and paints her face with mud taken from the nearby streams. She looks more animal than goblin. She smells more animal than goblin. She likes to fight up close, working with her wolf to bring her opponents to the ground and ruthlessly exploiting the advantage.

As a female, Ur'nagi is not permitted to ride with the wolf pack. She is not permitted to call herself a wolf rider. She is not even permitted to call herself a warrior. Once she raged against it. Now she says nothing. But when the wolf pack ride out, she rides also, but always careful to stay out of range of the stones they throw at her. She hunts on the fringes of the battle and fights alone, but always seeking to work inwards towards the greatest prizes. Twice she has nearly stolen the leader kill from the wolf pack.

Had she been of lesser blood, perhaps she would have been cut down by now. But as the get of Mogur, she has escaped this fate. Perhaps she amuses Mogur. Perhaps she is bait for his rivals. Ur'nagi doesn't care. It has served to help keep her alive so far, although it has also summoned the green-eyed monster in many of the tribe. In a few more years Ur'nagi hopes to be powerful enough to need no-one's protection. And in a few more, she wants to be the one deciding who is favoured and who isn't.

Not sure of the mechanics yet - I was thinking rogue, but sneak attack doesn't work with prone characters. So maybe fighter, with feats to take advantage of the -4AC when prone and the AoO's created when opponents try to stand.

doghead
aka thotd

Remove ads