• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Strahd's Goblinoid mini campaign "Yar Gock" - (recruiting is currently closed)

FreeXenon said:
Wow, That is a death-wish waiting to happen. ;)
I look forward to seeing this roleplayed.

Once the recruit is ending, I'll post to the select players a lot of information about the goblin society of the Yar-Gock tribe.
So you'll have plenty of guide lines how to act evil …

Dire Lemming said:
Yeah, I guess I just shouldn't bother trying to fit into this game, what with all the other people who are interested and perfectly willing to play evil characters.

Sorry DL :eek:
I'll better change the alignment to Any Evil

Redclaw

First Post
Strahd,
I guess I'm not really up for the evil campaign either. I was hoping to see things from the goblins point of view, and maybe explore the idea that they're not as evil as the humans and demis see them. If it's heading down the path of true evil, I think I'll bow out and wish you all good gaming.

Redclaw said:
Strahd,
I guess I'm not really up for the evil campaign either. I was hoping to see things from the goblins point of view, and maybe explore the idea that they're not as evil as the humans and demis see them. If it's heading down the path of true evil, I think I'll bow out and wish you all good gaming.

Sorry to hear that ... But to survive in such a society you must be evil.
Even surviving in the outer world, to collect food you must ambush innocent travelers and kill'em, you must avenge the adventurers who tries to break into your lair and kill your tribe and so on ...

Dire Lemming

First Post
I was actually thinking the exact same thing Redclaw. The idea that a society like the one goblins are percieved to be has always seemed quite silly to me. The only reason they're like that is so that adventurers have something weak to kill. No society like that could actually survive. It would be very quickly destroyed by those stronger than it if it did not first destroy itself.

Strahd_Von_Zarovich said:
Sorry to hear that ... But to survive in such a society you must be evil.
Even surviving in the outer world, to collect food you must ambush innocent travelers and kill'em, you must avenge the adventurers who tries to break into your lair and kill your tribe and so on ...

I felt compelled to say this in order to explain a bit more about my feelings on the subject.

Why attack innocent travellers for food when you can just hunt and gather plants? Why bother? If the area is no good for that then where are all these travellers coming from and why don't the goblins just move there, or hell, integrate into the more advanced society? Groups that cannot adapt to changing conditions will not survive. The whole idea of goblins being these evil marauding creatures yet somehow extremely weak and stupid sounds exactly like what europeans thought of africans a few centuries ago. It stinks of ignorant prejudice, so the idea that all of it is actually true is highly implausible and boring to me. If that's your idea of fun well, have fun, but this is why it isn't mine.

G

Guest 11456

Goblin Witch Doctor

[sblock]Name: Suxm Dreadgouge
Race: Goblin
Class: Cleric
Level: 2
Deity: Maglubiyet
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Height: 3’-5”
Weight: 43#

Str 12 (+1) {6, -2 race}
Dex 10 (+0) {0, +2 race}
Con 14 (+2) {6}
Int 12 (+1) {4}
Wis 14 (+2) {6}
Cha 12 (+1) {6, -2 race}

AC: 18 (+0 Dex, +1 size, +5 armor, +2 shield)
Touch: 11
Flatfooted: 18
Initiative: +0
Speed: 20 ft
ACP: -7
BAB: +1
Grapple: -1
HP: 18

Racial Abilities: Small size, Darkvision 60ft, +4 racial bonus on Move Silently and Ride checks.

Saves:
Fort +5 (base 3, +2 Con)
Ref +0 (base 0, +0 Dex)
Will +5 (base 3, +2 Wis)

Weapon:
Battleaxe +4 melee 1d6+1 dmg x3 S
Morningstar +3 melee 1d6+1 dmg x2 BP

Feat:
Martial Weapon Proficiency (battleaxe)

Skills:
Diplomacy +6 (+8) (5 ranks, +1 Cha, +2 goblins or hobgoblins)
Heal +7 (5 ranks, +2 Wis)
Hide -3 (0 ranks, +0 Dex, +4 size, -7 ACP)
Move Silently -3 (0 ranks, +0 Dex, +4 racial, -7 ACP)
Ride +4 (0 ranks, +0 Dex, +4 racial)
Spellcraft +6 (5 ranks, +1 Int)

Language Known: Common, Goblin, Draconic

Equipment:
Small Chainmail (150gp, 20#, worn)
Small Heavy Wooden Shield (7gp, 5#, arm)
MW Small Battleaxe (310gp, 3#, belt)
Morningstar (8gp, 3#, belt)
Silver Holy Symbol (25gp, 1#, neck)
Traveler’s Outfit (worn)

Magic:
Domains: Destruction, Earth
Spells (DC 12+Level):
0: Create Water, Cure Minor Wounds, Detect Poison, Guidance
1: Bless, Cause Fear, Doom, Inflict Light Wounds*[/sblock]

Dire Lemming said:
Why attack innocent travellers for food when you can just hunt and gather plants? Why bother? If the area is no good for that then where are all these travellers coming from and why don't the goblins just move there, or hell, integrate into the more advanced society? Groups that cannot adapt to changing conditions will not survive. The whole idea of goblins being these evil marauding creatures yet somehow extremely weak and stupid sounds exactly like what europeans thought of africans a few centuries ago. It stinks of ignorant prejudice, so the idea that all of it is actually true is highly implausible and boring to me. If that's your idea of fun well, have fun, but this is why it isn't mine.

It's just a game DL, don't take it too far, we are here to enjoy, not to analyze the goblin society and the evil in the world.
I just felt that I want to DM the good folk and let the players feel the other side of the table, to play marauding goblins who need to survive and do other things, like avenge the dwarves and to climb up the hierarchy of the tribe..
I have a couple of interest missions and adventures in this mini campaign and that's all.
Those who are interested submitted sheets, I didn't meant to hurt those who feel offended by playing evil.

Remove ads