Strahd's "RttToEE" - recruitment, 1 Arcane caster needed.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Want to have a bit of sneaky since we need a bit of that, so how about a Human (Oerth) Scout/Fighter aiming for Invisible Blade/Master Thrower? Would that work for role 2?

stonegod said:
Want to have a bit of sneaky since we need a bit of that, so how about a Human (Oerth) Scout/Fighter aiming for Invisible Blade/Master Thrower? Would that work for role 2?

Yep, It's fits. you will be a royal scout of the King's armada sent as a representative to this mission

Tonks

First Post
I saw that one more spot is open and it seems to be pretty much open to the 5th type of char. Would a gnomish bard sent to record the events work? He would not be much of a singer or dancer, but more of a recorder of the events that are happening around him. Since most people seem to shy away from the gnomish race, I figured it might be fun to suggest one.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Here's the second draft.
[sblock=Thandis "The Kid" Ornth]Thandis "The Kid" Ornth CR 4 (10000 xp)
Male human (Oeridian) scout 2/fighter 2
N Medium humanoid
Init +4; Senses Listen +5, Spot +5
Languages Common, Dwarven, Elven, Orc
-----------------------------------------------------------------
AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15; Two-Weapon Defense, uncanny dodge
hp 31 (4 HD)
Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +0
Spd 30 ft.
Melee +1 dagger +5 (1d4+3/19-20+1d6 skirmish) and mwk cold iron dagger +5 (1d4+2/19-20+1d6 skirmish); Two-Weapon Fighting or
Melee +1 dagger +7 (1d4+3/19-20+1d6 skirmish) or
Ranged dagger +8 (1d4+2/19-20+1d6 skirmish); Point Blank Shot or
Ranged dagger +7 (1d4+2/19-20)
Base Atk +3; Grp +5
Attack Options Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, skirmish (+1d6), Two-Weapon Fighting
Combat Possessions 3 potions of cure light wounds, 3 potions of shield of faith +2
Abilities Str 14, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 10
SQ battle fortitude, trapfinding, uncanny dodge
Feats Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Two-Weapon Defense, Two-Weapon Fighting, Weapon Focus (dagger)
Skills Appraise +3, Balance +5, Bluff +3.5, Climb +2, Concentration +2, Diplomacy +2, Disable Device +10, Disguise +0, Escape Artist +3, Forgery +3, Gather Information +0, Heal +0, Hide +8, Intimidate +0, Jump +4, Knowledge (geography) +5, Knowledge (local) +6, Knowledge (untrained) +3, Listen +5, Move Silently +8, Open Lock +10, Ride +5, Search +8, Sense Motive +7, Sleight of Hand +6.5, Spot +5, Survival +0, Swim +2, Tumble +10, Use Rope +3
Possessions combat possessions plus +1 dagger, mwk cold iron dagger, 10 daggers, +1 mithral chain shirt, backback, bedroll, 2 belt pouches, 10 pc. chalk, everburning torch, 100 ft. silk rope, traveler's outfit, mwk thieves' tools, light warhorse with miltary saddle and saddlebags; 565gp, 8sp.
Battle Fortitude (Ex) The Kid gets a +1 competence bonus on Fortitude and initiative checks.
Skirmish (Ex) If The Kid moves 10 ft. during a round, he deals an extra +1d6 damage with his melee attacks and ranged attacks within 30 ft. This damage is treated as sneak attack damage.
Trapfinding (Ex) The Kid can find and disarm traps as a rogue.
Uncanny Dodge (Ex) The Kid is never considered flat-footed unless immobilized.

[sblock=Advancement]
L1->Scout 1 HP: 10 (1d8+2) SP: +48 (8x4+1x4+3x4)
Bluff +4cc, Disable Device +4, Hide +4, Knowledge (geography) +2, Knowledge (local) +2, Listen +4, Move Silently +4, Open Lock +4, Search +4, Sense Motive +4, Sleight of Hand +4cc, Spot +4, Tumble +4
Abilities: Str 14 (6pts), Dex 15 (8 pts), Con 14 (6pts), Int 16 (10pts), Wis 10 (2pts), Cha 10 (2pts)
Feats: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot (human bonus)
Other: skirmish +1d6, trapfinding

L2->Fighter 1 HP: 7 (1d10+2, avg down) SP: +6 (2+1+3)
Bluff +1cc, Sense Motive +2cc, Sleight of Hand +1cc, Tumble +2cc
Feats: Weapon Focus (dagger) (fighter bonus)

L3->Scout 2 HP: 7 (1d8+2, avg up) SP: +12 (8+1+3)
Bluff +1cc, Disable Device +1, Hide +1, Knowledge (local) +1, Listen +1, Move Silently +1, Open Lock +1, Search +1, Sense Motive +1, Sleight of Hand +1cc, Spot +1, Tumble +1
Feats: Two-Weapon Fighting
Other: battle fortitude +1, uncanny dodge

L4->Fighter 2 HP: 7 (1d10+2, avg down) SP: +6 (2+1+3)
Bluff +1cc, Sense Motive +2cc, Sleight of Hand +1cc, Tumble +2cc
Feats: Two-Weapon Defense (fighter bonus)
Other: Dexterity +1[/sblock]
[sblock=Future Advancement]
L5->Scout 3 HP: 7 (1d8+2, avg up) SP: +12 (8+1+3)
Bluff +1cc, Disable Device +1, Hide +1, Knowledge (geography) +1, Listen +1, Move Silently +1, Open Lock +1, Search +1, Sense Motive +1, Sleight of Hand +1cc, Spot +1, Tumble +1
Other: fast movement +10ft., skirmish (+1d6, +1 AC), trackless step

L6->Scout 4 HP: 6 (1d8+2, avg down) SP: +12 (8+1+3)
Bluff +1cc, Disable Device +1, Hide +1, Knowledge (local) +1, Listen +1, Move Silently +1, Open Lock +1, Search +1, Sense Motive +1, Sleight of Hand +1cc, Spot +1, Tumble +1
Feats: Exotic Weapon Proficiency (barbed dagger), Far Shot (scout bonus)

L7->Master Thrower 1 HP: 7 (1d8+2, avg up) SP: +8 (4+1+3)
Bluff +4, Sleight of Hand +2, Spot, Tumble
Feats: Quick Draw (bonus)
Other: thrown weapon trick (sneaky shot)

L8->Invisible Blade 1 HP: 5 (1d6+2, avg down) SP: +8 (4+1+3)
Bluff, Hide, Listen, Move Silently, Sense Motive, Spot, Tumble
Other: Dexterity +1, dagger sneak attack +1d6, unfettered defense[/sblock][/sblock]
[sblock=Background]Thandis Ornth was born the son of a loyal Furyondy solider of Grabford. His father fought in the Greyhawk Wars, and was killed shortly after Thandis' birth, never having seen his son. Clashes with the Empire of Iuz and other forces would eventually claim Thandis' mother's life, leaving him a war orphan in a war-torn city.

Thandis' life on the mean street could have ended poorly except for one constant reminder of his father---a special dagger, military issue, given to his mother at a memento and for protection. Thandis treasured the dagger, and treasured the memory of his father and the military that claimed his life. He used that blade more than once to save himself or others, all the while dreaming that one day he would be a hero like his father.

That day came in his 14th year of life. A brief incursion of raiders threatened Grabford, at the time when an outbreak of the Red Death was hindering the town. The surprised and weakened Furyondy garrison, desparate for any assistance, allowed the assistance of "The Kid"---so named because he wasn't even old enough to shave yet. In the following battles, The Kid made a good showing of himself, his rough life on the street paying off. Though he was not vital in any encounter, his enthusiam (and willingness to do *anything* to ensure victory) earned him the admiration of his fellows. Enough to earn him an early enlistment.

The Kid (he is still called that, even several years later) served as a loyal scout and fierce skirmisher for Furyondy, his father's dagger always at his side. Now, the Kingdom has a new job for him.[/sblock]
[sblock=Appearance and Personality]"The Kid" is only 19, and looks younger than that due to the lack of any real facial hair (he has a problem growing any). He is wry and constantly in motion, always twitching or fiddling with something (usually a dagger). His is dressed in functionally scouting attire, with the seal of Furyondy hidden by easily displayable. Several blades are hidden about this perrson. His is an Oeridian is tan skin and curly red hair.

The Kid is a solid supporter of Furyondy, though not to the point of jingoism. He is a stalwart companion, though he will not hesitate to use brutal (he would say "effective") means to protect his friends. His is affable and eager.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Old Gumphrey

First Post
Tonks said:
I saw that one more spot is open and it seems to be pretty much open to the 5th type of char. Would a gnomish bard sent to record the events work? He would not be much of a singer or dancer, but more of a recorder of the events that are happening around him. Since most people seem to shy away from the gnomish race, I figured it might be fun to suggest one.

DANG IT this is the third game I've wanted to try for that you've nabbed/claimed the last spot in. How many games are you gonna play in? :p

Tonks said:

Sounds good, you meant the 6th option, develop it further and submit your character

Old Gumphrey said:
DANG IT this is the third game I've wanted to try for that you've nabbed/claimed the last spot in. How many games are you gonna play in? :p

Don't you worry, Submit your character and I'll take the most fitted for the game.
Although I already picked the others, it wasn't supposed to be "first come, first take"
It's because only five applied to this game so fat before you and Tonk came in.

Tonks

First Post
Strahd_Von_Zarovich said:
Sounds good, you meant the 6th option, develop it further and submit your character

I will work on him today after work and him him up later this afternoon/evening. I was thinking about working towards the Sublime Chord Prc if that would be allowed.

Old Gumphrey: I promise that I won't be after any more of your spots. Two games will be plenty for me if I get into this one..:)

Tonks said:
I will work on him today after work and him him up later this afternoon/evening. I was thinking about working towards the Sublime Chord Prc if that would be allowed.

Old Gumphrey: I promise that I won't be after any more of your spots. Two games will be plenty for me if I get into this one..:)

Sublime Chord Prc - No problemo.
let's say that this character sent to this mission to record the stories, the legends and to bring back any information back to the aligned nations

Remove ads