Stranded - The Lost Group

Graf

Explorer
Alternative has been lingering quietly near the group. It seems distinctly uncomfortable with the conversation, before finally picking up a club from the driftwood on the beach.

In response to the minotaur's question he responds I am not acclimated to this environment. Please proceed.

A Passing Maniac

First Post
Malik has little need for weapons, yet he picks up a sizable piece of branch to use as a quarterstaff anyway -- not because he needs it to fight, but because he is simply too used to walking with a staff to go without.

Malik bows his head in deference to the minotaur when he proposes leading the group. "Sir, your guidance would be most appreciated."

Once he raises his head, however, and is sure that O-Haril is not looking at him, he takes a moment to stare at the minotaur in wonder. Never have I met one of his kind... nor the kobold's, come to think of it. And even though a girl lies dead, others missing, and we are putting ourselves into great danger, I can't help but wonder where they come from, what their homes were like, what they are like... A minotaur! A kobold! Perhaps when things are calmer...

But catching himself staring, Malik quickly looks away from the minotaur, glancing towards the jungle instead.

Falkus

Explorer
"I'm no guide, aye," Durvin said, nodding to O-Haril. "And I'm out of me element more than most in these damned jungles. Go ahead."

Rayex

First Post
With O-Haril, you set out. Quickly you've passed the beach, and once you've past the northern-most part of the moon-shaped beach, you arrive at a less hospitable coastline. The ground here is covered with slick rocks and big boulders are spread all over. The jungle to your right is not retreating, and soon the rocky coast is bordered by the lower parts of rocky cliffs. Miles ahead you see that tall mountains are climbing up from the ocean.

After about an hours walk you find a small brook coming from the cliffs to your right. Sipping the water, you quickly find out that you've found atleast one source of fresh water.

Every now and then small stretches of sandy beaches break up the rocky coastline, and it is when you are crossing one of these that you notice something strange.

[sblock=ooc]
Time for perception checks people.
[/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
O-Haril tried to keep his senses alert as the group forged a path farther and farther from where they had been deposited by whatever forces it was that had dropped them on this island. In some ways, this environment was quite different from what he was used to- but his senses had been honed by years of practice...

OOC: [sblock] Perception 1d20+9= 25; roll http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1657804/ [/sblock]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Wittgenstein walks with a hastily crafted spear in his hands, its length rising more than twice his won height. As he examines his comrades, he is aware that some of their glances may convey a hint of condescension.

He is walking up front, quiet, and not volunteering any particular information. My worth will be shown when the time is right, he thinks to himself.

While he is crossing the beach, he wonders... was that something?

Perception = 22 (!)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1658358/

Remove ads