Strange New Worlds trailer

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Thoughts, in no order-

1. Graphics are good, of course.

2. Still, a little disappointing?

3. And yet, Anson Mount.

4. I wanted more?

5. But at the end, with the Enterprise, and the old music, and the sound ... you know that sound.

Yeah, totally in.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
What IS it about Star Fleet captains running off to bucolic lifestyles in their off times/retirements? Do no inactive Star Fleet captains live in urban centers so they can go to the theater and see the latest musical productions or check out the new chic restaurants? They all have to ride horses, farm, or grow grapes?

Snarf Zagyg

I’m a big Star Trek fan, but I have no interest in paying for another streaming service.

You can't be a Star Trek fan and not have Paramount+ at this point.

Of course, that's easy for me to say because I have a free year of it.

But there is so ... much ... Trek on it, and they keep pumping it out. How you feel about all the different new shows ... well, I can't tell you. Discovery had a rough first couple of season and is now decent. Picard was fun, if only for Patrick Stewart, and now has a second season. And Lower Decks is genuinely funny.

Heck, you could pay for a month, catch up on everything, and then cancel- maybe wait until after all of Strange New Worlds has been released, though.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Oh god, here we go. Yet another Star Trek thread turns into a thread all about how many streaming services people won't get!

Can we talk about Star Trek please, folks? If you want to talk about streaming services, feel free to start a thread about it. Thanks!

Snarf Zagyg

Oh god, here we go. Yet another Star Trek thread turns into a thread all about how many streaming services people won't get!

Can we talk about Star Trek please, folks? If you want to talk about streaming services, feel free to start a thread about it. Thanks!

I really like the Enterprise crew when they were already on Discovery.

I think that Anson Mount as Pike and Ethan Peck as Spock are excellent.

I also like Rebecca Romijn as Number One, but need to see more of her.

I'm curious to see what role La'an Noonien-Singh is going to play. We all know the name.

Now, I think the show will succeed if it takes the spirit of TOS (exploration, adventure, occasional fisticuffs and/or ripped shirts) and modernizes it somewhat.

On the other hand, I think the show will end up failing if all it is doing is providing fan service and/or memberberries - "Hey, that's where Kirk goes later! Cool, I remember that. That makes me smart!"

I am very hopeful!

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
What IS it about Star Fleet captains running off to bucolic lifestyles in their off times/retirements? Do no inactive Star Fleet captains live in urban centers so they can go to the theater and see the latest musical productions or check out the new chic restaurants? They all have to ride horses, farm, or grow grapes?

Do remember, this was originally pitched as "Wagon Train to the Stars". These are cowboys.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I really like the Enterprise crew when they were already on Discovery.

I think that Anson Mount as Pike and Ethan Peck as Spock are excellent.

I also like Rebecca Romijn as Number One, but need to see more of her.

I'm curious to see what role La'an Noonien-Singh is going to play. We all know the name.

Now, I think the show will succeed if it takes the spirit of TOS (exploration, adventure, occasional fisticuffs and/or ripped shirts) and modernizes it somewhat.

On the other hand, I think the show will end up failing if all it is doing is providing fan service and/or memberberries - "Hey, that's where Kirk goes later! Cool, I remember that. That makes me smart!"

I am very hopeful!
Yeah, I think the danger is being overshadowed by TOS -- but that's the problem with all prequels; you know what happens in the end, and they can't discover or change anything too important.

Remove ads