Strange New Worlds trailer

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
It will be interesting to see if the mention Talos IV as being in the past, or simply don't mention it at all.

They already mentioned it extensively while he was acting as Captain of the Discovery. And, as I understand it, Strange New Worlds happens after that. Indeed, I would expect Pike's knowledge of his impending doom shall be a major point in the series.

Which makes a lot of sense - we all know what happens to Pike. So, for this fiction, let us see him deal with that, rather than just ignore it.

Ryujin

Legend
They already mentioned it extensively while he was acting as Captain of the Discovery. And, as I understand it, Strange New Worlds happens after that. Indeed, I would expect Pike's knowledge of his impending doom shall be a major point in the series.

Which makes a lot of sense - we all know what happens to Pike. So, for this fiction, let us see him deal with that, rather than just ignore it.
Assume that I know virtually nothing about "Discovery", because that's the case here.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Assume that I know virtually nothing about "Discovery", because that's the case here.
He has visions of his future in an episode of Discovery, so he knows what's going to happen to him in the end.

(I'm assuming you know his fate from TOS?)

Ryujin

Legend
He has visions of his future in an episode of Discovery, so he knows what's going to happen to him in the end.

(I'm assuming you know his fate from TOS?)
Yes, that I'm aware of. They also alluded to that in the character introduction video, posted above.

Ryujin

Legend
That’s about it, then. Pretty much all you need to know!
I'm not so sure of that. They show his catastrophic burns and him in the life support wheelchair. That happens as a result of (if I remember correctly) him saving some children during a fire, in which he receives those burns. That's a separate incident from Talos IV and he goes back there, during the time of TOS, after Spock's "trial."

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'm not so sure of that. They show his catastrophic burns and him in the life support wheelchair. That happens as a result of (if I remember correctly) him saving some children during a fire, in which he receives those burns. That's a separate incident from Talos IV and he goes back there, during the time of TOS, after Spock's "trial."
I’m sorry, I’m confused. What was your question? Clearly I answered it wrong!

Ryujin

Legend
I’m sorry, I’m confused. What was your question? Clearly I answered it wrong!
No worries. I was wondering about the Talos IV incident in the original series pilot, that later became a TOS 2 episode for Spock's trial, but it seems that the Talos incident has already been discussed in Discovery, so should be in the past for the new series. As i don't watch Discovery, I was unaware of that.

Remove ads