Stranger Things 4 - Any good?

Stalker0

Legend
So finished part 2.

Pretty good, I did appreciate that for once, they mostly lost. I wonder if now we are finally going to get the government involved and go to work on this full on. I get that for a long time the kids had the issue of parents not believing them, but we have to be past that now. I did expect more episodes, yes they were longer but when they said part 2 I assume another "half", not another quarter. But ultimately pretty satisfied.

I will say...unless El now has some healing power in her kit (which she might since she did bring back Max), poor Max is just hosed. Her limbs weren't just broken, they were crushed....frankly she absolutely should be dead, that's not damage the body can normally survive, but again El did give her a psychic nudge. But realistically she is crippled for the rest of her life:(

I found I enjoyed season 1, season 2 fell a little flat for me, but season 3 was a kind of nice change of things (and felt appropriate to moving deeper into the mid-80s). But as much as I enjoyed 3, for some reason my enthusiasm for starting season 4 hasn't materialized yet. I often watch shows late after they air though.

I wish they'd cut his eye out and hand off. Overall I really liked it, even if both the climax and the epilogue felt like they could have been edited to be just a little tighter. Cutting between so many characters is tough, but even moreso when we cut away from several of them being moments from death to have a minute-long villain monologue, El's attempt at talking Vecna down, Vecna's second villain monologue, and then Mike's pep talk. Still, it was fun and dramatic, and it made me into a Steve-and-Nancy shipper.

Alby87

Adventurer
But realistically she is crippled for the rest of her life:(
If she is still alive... Maybe she died offscreen in the hospital, when Mike feel the Upsidedown in his neck and then everybody saw the red thunders on the real world. Maybe that was just the opening of the portal thanks to the fourth victim.
OR the fourth victim may be someone else just killed offscreen, leaving Max in her hospital bed, if the storywriters feel the need to keep Max part of the show.

And, calling it, at the end of Season 5, we will see Dustin dungeon mastering with Eddies supply, I'm quiete sure.

Ryujin

Legend
If she is still alive... Maybe she died offscreen in the hospital, when Mike feel the Upsidedown in his neck and then everybody saw the red thunders on the real world. Maybe that was just the opening of the portal thanks to the fourth victim.
OR the fourth victim may be someone else just killed offscreen, leaving Max in her hospital bed, if the storywriters feel the need to keep Max part of the show.

And, calling it, at the end of Season 5, we will see Dustin dungeon mastering with Eddies supply, I'm quiete sure.
Well El checked in Max's head at the end of the show and no one was home, so it seems that she was the final sacrifice. she did die and only her body seems to have come back.

Just finished season 4. Best sci-fi/fantasy show on television. There isn’t a close second. They have mastered everything. These episodes are as good as any movie.
I bet this show alone has more viewers than any new star wars shows/marvel shows combined
There’s not many show when it ends that I check when will there be a new season. Might have to be the early days of GOT.

Mezuka

Hero
My wife wanted to know how the season ends. I obliged. It was better than part one. The ending was very interesting.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Yep, that was good. Stranger Thing is back in good shape. Looking forward to the next season. Cthulhu next time?

Remove ads