Stranger Things 4 - Any good?

Ryujin

Legend
Was that Conan's Atlantian Sword?
Yup, pretty sure that it was a replica of Conan's sword.

1.jpg

Janx

Hero
Well El checked in Max's head at the end of the show and no one was home, so it seems that she was the final sacrifice. she did die and only her body seems to have come back.
Yup. I suspect that all El did was leave an open vessel for something to control. So if Max is in season 5, she'll be someone else in disguise.

I'd also posit that something was playing that old timey song wayback in the past to try to save the family. That indicates there is a 3rd party at work.

Also, how are people getting to and fro in town. There's a big X cut through it.

TheSword

Legend
Great season. Best yet. I think it generally dialed the fear factor up by about 200%.

Love Kate Bush. Apparently the result of Ryder wearing a Kate Bush t-shirt on set all the time and listening to the music!

Love how it tied somewhat anachronistic elements from season 3 and integrated them really well.

There really is nothing quite like this series.

Dausuul

Legend
Very solid season.

I did feel that the "Deep Emotional Talk" scenes in episodes 8 and 9 were too many and too long. It isn't that I don't want to see emotional drama and character development--I absolutely do!--but having everybody display their character development in the form of long monologues gets old real fast. I also think the "Hopper in Russia" storyline should have been scaled way back; much of it felt like filler.

But those are minor quibbles, which cast barely a shadow on the sight of a long-haired, leather-jacketed social outcast battling a horde of demon stirges with a homemade spear and an electric guitar, in a landscape straight out of a heavy metal album cover. This entire show is one long paean to the pop culture of my childhood.

Last edited:

That was very good, as someone that grew up listening to metal and playing D&D in a small town in the 80's, the satanic panic element was pretty much spot on.

Is it just me or does the guy playing Eddie have some serious Robert Downey Jr vibes?

Last edited:

Mezuka

Hero
So apparently the door Nancy is removing planks from is a push door. She could have just stepped over the last pieces of wood and left the room. She had Disadvantage on her perception check because Vecna was there.

I didn't even notice. Did you?

Mezuka

Hero
Who here thinks Hopper acquired some kind of super resistance to pain because of his experience with chemicals in Irak? The punishment he can take is phenomenal.

Remove ads