• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sword and Sorcery SAGA Playtest (closed)

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
How long had it been? Abhay wondered. It seemed like forever out alone in the wild. It had probably only been a couple of months, and he knew they probably weren't looking for him anymore. Still he ran. He ran until he rarely saw Easterlings. That wasn't good enough for him, so he ran farther, harder. A noble was murdered, and Abhay was accused of it. To make it worse, the noble was a member of the royal family. A potential heir to the throne. Abhay had no idea who accused him, but knew that it was someone powerful enough to have him declared untouchable. Anyone who offered the slightest help would be executed. So he fled. Far and fast. He was not afraid to be alone in a strange land, he was use to the wild. He stopped and stared at the edge of the woods. A town. A bed. It was worth the risk. He had to stop in.

Khuxan

First Post
An aspirational but petty noble from the Easterling court, Parisa used her wiles and gossipmongering to advance her rank and the honour of her family. When her beautiful sister became the emperor's concubine - rising higher in rank than Parisa could ever - Parisa murdered her. If Parisa had not called in favours from some of the most powerful Easterlings, she would have been executed. As it was, she was exiled and ordered never to return.

Parisa is uncomfortable beyond the secluded walls of the Palace. She refuses to eat meat or drink milk or alcohol, and is frequently overcome by coughing fits.

Easterling noble.

Does this look good? If not, I was thinking of a mysterious character. Obviously DarwinofMind should read this to check he's appropriate for the campaign, but I'd prefer it if other players didn't know his motivations and backstory:

[sblock]Pereder Pryderi was a model princeling. Strapping, kind-hearted and respected by the men under his command, he even showed common sense and a head for business. He even married well, to a sensible if uninspiring princess, and fathered a handsome baby. His undoing came suddenly during a hunting trip in the chill forests of the northernmost reaches of the kingdom. While riding along a path through the woods, he came across a strange, misshapen creature. Startled, he attacked it and felled it with a single blow of his sword.

Immediately, a piercing shriek rang out and a wizened crone emerged. As she cradled the monster's head in her lap, she cursed Pereder to live in torment just as he had condemned her to do so. Pereder was struck dumb, but the insidious witch shared all her memories with him. Each time he saw suffering or pain he would know how it could be solved, but be unable to solve it himself.

By the time Peredor made his way back to his home, his son had disappeared mysteriously. Since then, Peredor has wandered the land in search of his lost child.

High Man noble[/sblock]

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
I think we could have fun with either concept Khuxan.

Khuxan only:
[SBLOCK]How were you feeling this curse is supposed to work? Is it a flash of insight thing? or does he just consistantly find himself in situation of trouble?[/SBLOCK]

Alrightly, lets see what we've got here.

Fenris - Common Man Warrior
OnlytheStrong - Easterling Scout
Khuxan - 2 concepts
Elijhan -

Ok, if anyone more wants to jump in before Friday We'll keep things open up to 6 players. I've not we'll go with 4.

Thanks everyone.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
I'm going to LA to the AF2 National Championship this weekend. After that though, I will be able to check the site every day. Looking forward to the game. Ya know I will have to try to figure out what happened to my fellow Easterling.

Khuxan

First Post
DarwinofMind said:
Khuxan only:
[SBLOCK]How were you feeling this curse is supposed to work? Is it a flash of insight thing? or does he just consistantly find himself in situation of trouble?[/SBLOCK]

The plan was:
[sblock]Just to have high Knowledge skills, and Intelligence and Wisdom. Since he's mute he can't explain what he knows, but is still haunted with the knowledge of how it problems could be solved. I can't think of any other sophisticated and balanced way of implementing the curse.[/sblock]

Moon_Goddess

Kluxan only
[SBLOCK]
Ok, that sounds good. I didn't catch that you were permanently dumb. How do you plain to communicate with none of the other player's possessing sign language and many possibly being illiterate? Other than that problem I like the plan. Pick either character you wish.[/Sblock]

Fenris? Are you still out there? still interested?

Elijhan? Have you been through the pdf yet?

If anyone needs help with character creation let me know.

Fenris

Adventurer
DarwinofMind said:
Fenris? Are you still out there? still interested?

If anyone needs help with character creation let me know.

Yes, still hear. Sorry, started teaching this week. I get on char creation in the next day or so.

Moon_Goddess

No worries, understand, just started back to class myself, just checking up on ya.

Any thought on character concept?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads