• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Swordsage questions

geosapient

First Post
Imagine a 20th level Swordsage with Diamond Mind and Tiger Claw disciplines having taken Raging Mongoose, Girallon Windmill Flesh Rip and Time Stands Still. If this person were to dual-wield (if possible to use weapons from each discipline) how many attacks would he get (assuming 2-weapon fighting feats were taken with a dexterity of 19)?

Would this person get 4 extra attacks per full attack or just 4 extra attacks at the end?

Sejs

First Post
Per full attack. Time Stands Still is basically melee Time Stop. You're taking two seperate, complete Full Attack actions.

That aside, I love the logical disconnect of the Diamond Mind/Tiger Claw master. Talk about opposites - combining the discipline of absolute prescience of mental focus with the 'discipline' of going nuts and losing yourself in a beastial frenzy. :p

geosapient

First Post
It's that whole Yin Yang thing. You know; soft supresses hard, good couldn't exist without evil, finding calm within chaos.

It's a person that uses both aspects of an opposing force.

Ranger5

First Post
One note though.

You couldn't use Raging Mongoose and Girallon Windmill Flesh Rip in the same round even with Time Stands Still as they are both Swift actions and you can only do one swift a round. But still Raging Mongoose combined with Time Stands Still is pretty awesome. With the right feats and if you did a warblade instead you would essentially get 11 attacks, twice, for a total of 22 attacks per round. And if you happened to have Boots of Speed it would then become 12 per full attack for a total of 24 when using Time Stands Still. And 10 of those 24 would be at the highest BAB.

ohGr

First Post
geosapient said:
Imagine a 20th level Swordsage with Diamond Mind and Tiger Claw disciplines having taken Raging Mongoose, Girallon Windmill Flesh Rip and Time Stands Still. If this person were to dual-wield (if possible to use weapons from each discipline) how many attacks would he get (assuming 2-weapon fighting feats were taken with a dexterity of 19)?

Would this person get 4 extra attacks per full attack or just 4 extra attacks at the end?
You would just get 4 extra attacks (assumably with your first full attack). Raging Mongoose allows a maximum of 4 extra attacks and, assuming you take two with each weapon on your first full attack, you'll hit that maximum of 4 extra attacks and won't be able to take any more with your second full attack.

Ranger5 said:
You couldn't use Raging Mongoose and Girallon Windmill Flesh Rip in the same round even with Time Stands Still as they are both Swift actions and you can only do one swift a round.
The swordsage's 20th-level ability allows the character to use two boosts in a round 3/day.

Palladion

Adventurer
Greater Two-Weapon Fighting, flurry of strikes (Exotic Weapon Master, Complete Warrior), Slashing Fury (Player's Handbook II), at least +16 base attack, and a slashing double weapon with speed on both ends would give you 7 attacks (4 at full base attack minus penalties and 3 iteratives) with the primary and 5 (3 at full base attack minus penalties and 2 iteratives) attacks with your off-hand with a -9 penalty (-2 for two-weapon fighting, -2 for flurry of strikes, -5 for Slashing Fury). Add raging mongoose and you get 2 more attacks at full base attack for each end of the weapon. That means you get 16 attacks in total, with 9 of them at your full base attack bonus, in one round. This combination requires 7 feats and be attained by a human Warblade 15/Exotic Weapon Master 1 (16th level overall). You can spend the last 4 levels till 20th level getting wizard or sorcerer class levels to get wraithstrike (Spell Compendium).

Just some food for thought. I like the swordsage better than the warblade, personally, and I am about to start playing a warforged crusader of the Silver Flame for Savage Tide. It is going to be very amusing.

(Sorry I do not have page references, I do not have my books handy with me to look.)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads