• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

SX:2 The Antiques Roadshow (Keia judging)-Completed

Velmont

First Post
"I suggest for me to stay behind for two reason. First, I'll be sure I'll be in a sceure place,w ithout teh stress of combat. When in the heat of teh action, you cannot see the whole picture, you cannot take a coll and clear decision. That is why in any swat team, there is always a leader on the site who can make a quick decision, and one to be able to have the whole picture from far of it. The first will be Psyren, who is less prone to be mind affected, and the later will be me.

The second thing, I didn't put 30 years in crime fitghing to not get a golden retirement paid by the governement... no, seriously, your are supers. Both of you can take on a swat team by yourselves with little difficulty. Only Avatar would have little chance against a whole team, but even with ten bullets in the body, he would survive not me. You've seen it, he always paralyzed me with his mind controlling powers. I am too vulnerable and I would be one person for you to protect. No, I disagree with Avatar, I will be a bullet at your side, I'll be your gardian angel here."

El Jefe

First Post
Avatar wasn't used to this sort of responsibility. He'd always been an auxilliary, a trusted member of some staff, not directly in the line of command. True, he'd supervised people before, mostly hired help on a dig, but this wasn't like that at all. Time to make a decision - he saw the sense in Sergeant's words, but saw the flaw in his logic as well.

"Sergeant, I don't expect to be much more than a distraction during this fight, so I'm hanging back. When I say follow us in, you'd be back even behind me. The only way you'd get involved would be if you decided that jumping in was your best move. I just want to make sure you have that option if you change your mind...you don't want to be stuck so far away that the fight's over before you can get to it. Now, I want you to take what gear you need to stay in touch with the plane, and follow us in. And that's an order."

The last was said rather weakly. Avatar was more used to being in situations where there was time to build a consensus first...this didn't appear to be one of those times.

Velmont

First Post
"If I hand too far behind you, I'll be isolated enough to get trap. And if I am too near you, I'll be stuck in the combat. I have lead more operation than you three together. If I am a Resolute, which is suppose to be a super strike force, it is not for my powers, it is for my experience. I might be quite a marksman, but I don't have what it got to defend myself against the power of that Sorcerer. He will get me too easily. And those zombies seems just unaffected by bullets. None of you can be assigned to my defence, and as I told, if I am stuck in the heat of action, I won't be able to coordinate properly, I cannot shoot and gives the tactics. Not only I would be in danger, but I would be a lot less usefull." answers Sergeant. "And if it is the time I come to your help, it will need more than my gun to help, you'll need the cavalery."

[SBLOCK=OOC]Ok, just to make sure everyone understand what I want to do with Sergeant. He want to use his Benefit (Security Clearance) to get access to some prime tactics equipement and the satellite vision. He will then be able to comunicate with the teams through teh commlink and once teh combat will starts, he will be able to burn his whole HP pools into use of Inspire (+5 to attack, saves and skills for the round for everyone) or Leadership (and heal back some people). I have 5 rounds like that, and with that help, I hope teh combat will be very near his end.[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

El Jefe

First Post
Velmont said:
"If I hand too far behind you, I'll be isolated enough to get trap..."
Avatar relented. "Well, since you *OOC* explained it like *OOC* that, I suppose *OOC* that might be a *OOC* good plan *OOC* after all *OOC* ."

Salix

First Post
Wheeler looks at the pair through his one good eye, "You boys got everything figured out? Five minutes to ETA."OOC: Wheeler arranges everyhting for Sergeant's plan. I'm here and waiting to procede when the players give the go ahead. ;)

Phoenix8008

First Post
"Indeed. Let it be done." Paladin says as he finishes checking the buckles and straps on his armor and shield. With his armor and weapons secured and checked, Paladin nods to Wheeler that he is likewise ready...

Velmont

First Post
"Perfect" tells Sregeant as he sees on the monitors the heartbeat of his three companion. "I'll be with you over the communicators. And I'll see what you see with these camera you have on the helmet we gave you. I'll see and hear what you wil see and hear. I'll be able to give you informations when needed."

He has in front of him three monitors. On each, he see himself, from different angle, as his three companion are all looking at him at teh moment. On the corner, he see the heartbeat and other life sign. They are all in different shade of green, to tell all is in normal range.

On the wall, use generally for quick briefing, the large screen show the satellite view of the Ziggura. "Wheeler, does teh satellite only show a visual image, or we can have a thermal imaging of the location too? I doubt Relic thermal signature will pass throught the wall, or that undead have a thermal image, but if he try to flee, he'll be more easily detected, even more knowing he can turn invisible."

Sergeant turns back his attention to the others. "Good luck, it cannot harm."

El Jefe

First Post
Avatar looked over Sergeant's shoulder at the monitors, and convinced himself that his team was as ready as it could be. "Let's move out!", he called.

Salix

First Post
Wheeler responds, " You got infrared, but this is coming in." A video feed comes from the Ziggurat, showing a soldier in the "Chocolate Chips" desert camoflage. "This is Lt. Col Barnes, we have all the tourists and vendors cleared from the site as the UN requested. He's surrounded by the tanks in my battalion, but you should see this" The camera pans to the top of the Ziggurat, where it is apparent Relic is performing a ritual ringed by ten Revenants. The image rolls and goes out. As the jet approaches the site, Dick says, " What the... Damn! I got nothing here. Everyone strap in, I'm going to have to ditch it. The team sees Wheeler's chair latch into a special receptacle on the jet. With no small amount of skill, Dick safely crash lands the Vigilant about 100 feet from the Ziggurat.

OOC: Any technology designed after 1970 is no longer functional. Lose functionality at the rate of 10 years per round. I'll let semiautomatic pistols go down to 1920 (after the Colt 1911 .45) .

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads