Sydney Sweeney to be the new Barbella in upcoming Sony Remake!!!

Anyone else excited for this?

Syndey is a driven woman whose a successful actress, an MMA fighter (bad ass), and owns her own production company which is producing Players Table for HBO Max, so this should be anazing.

Ryujin

Legend
Not sure what to make of this. Barbarella is a psychedelic '60s film, based on a rather risque French comic by the same name. How would they adapt it? Would they follow a model similar to "The Fifth Element", that would fit the aesthetic? Would they go all Nolan dark& gritty? I wouldn't say that I'm excited, but rather curious.

Not sure what to make of this. Barbarella is a psychedelic '60s film, based on a rather risque French comic by the same name. How would they adapt it? Would they follow a model similar to "The Fifth Element", that would fit the aesthetic? Would they go all Nolan dark& gritty? I wouldn't say that I'm excited, but rather curious.

I doubt they'd go all dark a gritty, it'd betray the basic plotline. I think they will go comedic, action packed, and erotic, but with way better special effects. Maybe trippy in parts as well.

Honestly this has to be Sydney's idea, I just can't see a Sony Executive suggesting doing a remake of Barbarella, especially given it was a comerical flop when released. My bet is Sydney is a fan of Barbarella, she a growing power in Hollywood, and what Sydney wants, Sydney finds away to get.

Greatest. Show. Ever.

As for the actual news, I agree with @Ryujin - I am more curious than excited.

I love Sydney Sweeney.
I love Barbarella.

I’m just not sure that they are two tastes that go together. Barbarella is very much of its time, and will be hard to adapt.

Look at a picture of Sydney and Jane Fonda side by side and I Dare you to tell me this is beyond her physical or ability wise?

Something awesome can be done with, it's obvsiously going to have some differences, like maybe a little bit of 50 shades of grey gets thrown in or something.

Still I think it's a mistake to under estimate what Syndey is capable of.

I hope she hires her friend, Alexandria Daddario as well. It'd be fun to see Alex play a villian for once.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Silence Hbomax GIF by Adult Swim

Remove ads