• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Symbols for the Schools of Magic

Imagicka

Explorer
Greetings...

Was there any symbols that were associated with the 8 schools of magic?

If so, what product had these?

Are they anywhere online?

Kae'Yoss

First Post
I (or my DM) had some symbols for the schools for a wizards' brotherhood/PrC in our first campaign. When I get back home, I'll see if I still have the brotherhood's coat-of-arms (with the symbols in it).

Perun

Mushroom
Imagicka said:
Greetings...

Was there any symbols that were associated with the 8 schools of magic?

If so, what product had these?

Are they anywhere online?

The beginning of the Magic chatper in the PH (p. 169) has school symbols on it (see the whole image here). These are the same ones that appeared in the black-cover version of the AD&D 2e PHB (see attachment; hope I'm not breaching any CoC by posting it; it's from the 2e Core Rules CD).

Regards.

Attachments

• SchlSymbl.jpg
    SchlSymbl.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 13,794

silvermane

Explorer
Based on the image above, quick symbols can be made using the Unicode block characters (U+250A-U+25DB). For example, apply white/black diamond, circle, square and triangle to opposing schools of magic. Not all fonts have them, though.

Kae'Yoss

First Post
One possibility is to take some symbols from NWN/NWN2. All the spells have symbols there, you just have to choose some signature spells for each school and use those symbols. That's what we did back then (though it was BG2 then, as NWN was still in the making back then)

Remove ads