• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

systems without levels or hp's

focallength

First Post
Also a interesting quirk about traveller, if you took enough career paths and certain careers, you could end up with a starting character thats 60+ years old!

Hey! you kids wait for granpa! (with apologies to the granpas out there, no offense intended)
heck I love playing old wizards, best way to get a +2/+3 to you intellegence!

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Patman21967 said:
Any version of RuneQuest, but I like Chaosiums..RuneQuest II. There are no classes, levels, and your HP are divided per body part, based on your Con and a few other mods...It is a d100 system, for the most part. I really think it is the best system ever done. Overall, RuneQuest II, if you play it in Glorantha and during the Lunar-Sartar wars, is the best game ever put out...shame it was mainly played in England and Oz. We had a 10 year campaign, that was the most memorable game, for me, in 25 years of gaming.

Preach it brother, preach it!

RQ2 is my all-time favourite system. I loved the way it worked, the extensibility of it, the combat feel... I did sci-fi versions, Dark Sun conversions and Empire of the Petal Throne conversions using RQ2, along with huge, epic Glorantha campaigns. Most fun system ever IMO.

Cheers

Patman21967

First Post
We re-enacted the LightBringers Quest, The Hill of Gold. I found and weilded the WindSword. Many HeroQuests. One of the characters actually fought Sheng Solaris, when the Lunars invaded Balazar. Since we were outlawed in Sartar, we moved north to Balazar, and basically set up a refuge for anyone oppressed by the Lunars, Storm County. I had a WindLord of Orlanth, who was also a Priest of Issaries. Had 65 points of Rune Magic and a 225% Sword attack and parry, from spending Will on the Hero Plane...

I could go into soooo many stories of a 11 year campaign, that when in College, we would play 3 nights a week...Geezz.....

You guys rock

Patman21967

First Post
I've met Stafford and Perrin at cons, and still LARP with Ken Rolsten every Labor Day Weekend...Can I throw away all my responsibilities, and go back to some of those kick ass times, when we could game every night, and on the weekends until 4 or 5 AM, with a couple Pizzas and a case or 2 of good beer?

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Henry said:
;)Three words: Coup de Grace. That's a critical hit, Fort Save vs. DC 30.
Yeah. Plus IIRC, in a case like this the execution rules in the BoVD even let you kill the victim automatically with a Profession (executioner) check.

vortex

First Post
Patman21967 said:
Any version of RuneQuest, but I like Chaosiums..RuneQuest II. There are no classes, levels, and your HP are divided per body part, based on your Con and a few other mods...It is a d100 system, for the most part. I really think it is the best system ever done. Overall, RuneQuest II, if you play it in Glorantha and during the Lunar-Sartar wars, is the best game ever put out...shame it was mainly played in England and Oz. We had a 10 year campaign, that was the most memorable game, for me, in 25 years of gaming.

My vote goes to RuneQuest as well.

Tommi

First Post
HarnMaster has been mentioned but Fading Suns hasn't. It doesn't have levels and has vitality levels based on endurance stat. SJGs In Nomine IIRC doesn't have levels or hits but in many ways total number of forces is pretty close to level.

Psion

Adventurer
GlassJaw said:
It's my #1 too. Umm, so what are the other 3 on the list? :p

I knew this question would come:
2) The invulnerability (or "crossbows? pshaw!") syndrome.
3) The "I never feel pain until I am unconscious" syndrome.
4) The "rugged old sage syndrome" (even relatively sedentary classes get rather tough due to hp progression. Star Wars handles this point adroitly by taking vitality progression away from NPC classes.)

Remove ads