Tact-Tiles: The End

What kind of tiles would you like?

• Same as the original. Light gray tiles with a 1" square grid.

Votes: 94 44.8%
  • Clear tiles with a 1" square grid.

Votes: 66 31.4%
  • Light gray tiles with a 1" hex grid.

Votes: 10 4.8%
  • Clear tiles with a 1" hex grid.

Votes: 11 5.2%
  • I'd buy both clear and light gray 1" square.

Votes: 86 41.0%
  • I'd by both clear and light gray 1" hex.

Votes: 14 6.7%
  • I'd preffer a different pattern or color, as I will explain below.

Votes: 10 4.8%

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love them

Well, I have 2 full sets of TacTiles, and would buy at least one more.

If there were a clear version, I'd buy 2 full sets of them, too.

They're the best thing I own for RPGs.

Ken

Stormborn

Explorer
Let's just say you do them sooner rather than later. My set, and that of the other GM in our group, are getting pretty scratched up. Had them for years. Still useable but a few have some marks that just wont come up. I love them. No changes. Gimme now. I'll even come pick them up. I am in Birmingham, weren't they made in Huntsville before?

Rafael Ceurdepyr

First Post
My set is the best RPG accessory I own, but they are scratched. Clear ones would be nice, and I'd love to have a case to carry them in. We bought our other GM a set so we wouldn't have to carry them when we played at his house. I'd gladly buy a set of clear ones or gray ones with a square grid. And like Stormborn, I'd drive to get them. Gimme!

RichGreen

Adventurer
Hi,

I love my tact-tiles. They came in a cardboard carrying "case" which I've had to repair a few times but I also think they're one of the best D&D accessories I own.

Cheers

Richard

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
I'd buy any square-version you made, but I would prefer a clear version so I could put a map below it.

kitsune9

Adventurer
Let's say, just for fun, that I was the co-owner of a company who acquired the rights to Tact-Tiles. And let's say, just for kicks, that we planned to start producing them again.
;)

What would you like to see?

More durable tiles for metal miniatures. Mine cracked a bit and cleaning them was a pain, but my overall experience with Tac-Tiles was that I really enjoyed them because of the convenience of switching them around to keep going instead of wiping and cleaning the standard battle mat. I haven't used them in a while because I have to haul a lot of stuff to the games, but they are still quite valuable to me and I would like to pick up another set.

I selected both the clear and opaque 1" squares. Just keep in mind that some people may have selected clear only as they already own the older opaque ones.

Personally I like the idea of the clear ones for putting maps underneath. It would allow me to put maps or even the WotC Dungeon Tiles underneath and be able to write on them without worrying about marking them up.

On the other hand, I don't know how well the clear ones would work on my table if I had nothing underneath them. My table has quite a dark wood stain so seeing lines on the tiles might be hard if there wasn't something else (like some white paper) underneath the tiles. The opaque ones would probably be better in that situation.

Overall though I would just be happy to see Tact-Tiles back on the market. The price of the tiles and how much they cost to ship to Australia (shipping was quite a bit when I enquired when they were last in stock) will be the deciding factor in how many I buy.

Olaf the Stout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads