Tact-Tiles: The End

What kind of tiles would you like?

• Same as the original. Light gray tiles with a 1" square grid.

Votes: 94 44.8%
  • Clear tiles with a 1" square grid.

Votes: 66 31.4%
  • Light gray tiles with a 1" hex grid.

Votes: 10 4.8%
  • Clear tiles with a 1" hex grid.

Votes: 11 5.2%
  • I'd buy both clear and light gray 1" square.

Votes: 86 41.0%
  • I'd by both clear and light gray 1" hex.

Votes: 14 6.7%
  • I'd preffer a different pattern or color, as I will explain below.

Votes: 10 4.8%

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrFilthyIke

First Post
There was no option for both hex AND squares. I'd buy both. :)

edit: d'oh...I was a dofus...I could click more than one. Never mind.

Aristotle

First Post
It took me ages to convert from hexes to squares and I very much doubt I'd spend significant money on hexes again. I definately want tact-tiles though. I was hoping to get some before... but I was holding out for wet-erase compatible. I'm not a fan of dry erase.

As for color. I'm partial to the oyster color of traditional mats, but anything would be fine so long as it will take and hold wet erase markers so I can plot out maps before heading out to games, and clean up without heavy staining. Clear is an interesting idea ... although I don't know how often I'd actually have maps to place under them.

Intrope

First Post
I would love some hex tact-tiles. And the idea of clear tiles is a great one--maps and such can be placed beneath the tiles, rather than simply drawn on them.
I possess a set of tact-tile like clear hex tiles, and they're wonderful. Admittedly, we rarely put anything under them, but it's nice to be able to do so at any time.

underthumb

First Post
I possess a set of tact-tile like clear hex tiles, and they're wonderful. Admittedly, we rarely put anything under them, but it's nice to be able to do so at any time.

Are they the hex art boards? I just ordered some of those, so I'm interested in your experiences with them or with whatever product you're using.

Clear. Square. A better quality carrying case would be nice please.

What I would like as an optional accessory would be larger tact-tiles. Instead of a foot square, I'd also like a two foot square or a 1 foot x 2 foot rectangle. There are times it would be easier to just switch to a larger board.

Also, if this comes to pass, this is awesome!

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
I've never used them before. What are they exactly? Do you have pictures?

tacttiles.gif

mattdm

First Post
I totally disagree -- for the same reason. I find it easier to do 5' steps (and movement in general) if the lines alternate. Plus, they're close enough that it's never bothered me if a room/wall/critter/whatever didn't line up with the solid lines vs. the dashed lines.

Yeah, I'm in this camp too. Having the alternate lines makes it easier for me to draw big rooms quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads