Tale of a Black Dragon - Chapter 1: New home

Velmont

First Post
Vorax stays the whole day in the tree. He see the elves again but they doesn't seems as vigilent as they were the first time, and teh human seems to have left the group. The burining sky is drying even more Vorax scales and his back start to be itching, but Vorax fight this feeling and trying to stay relax.

His memories is trying to gather as much as he can on the region. He remember what his mother was telling him while he was in his egg. The bayoo is surounded by four region, the plain, the forest, the desert and the delta. The bayou have been the domain of her mother, and no one have dared before today to challenge her in her domain. She also controled the delta, where many lizardfolks were living and venerating her and the lizard god. The leader of the tribes is a sorcerer which Vorax's mother have teach a great deal of thing, but she always have been suspicious about the true intention of that sorcerer.

attachment.php

To the north is the elven kingdom. They have been garding fiercely there border, and it was dangerous, even for her, to enter the domain of the elves, just as it was dangerous for them to enter the bayou, but they had learned not to trepass her domain. The Speaker, a monarch, leader of the elves, is a great wizards, and all his personal guards are an elite troop of archer and wizards. The elves are known to follow a pantheon based on nature gods. The elves capital is Finellias, the tree city establish at the heart of the forest, on the coast of the great river.

To the west is a plain with some small towns and a few small cities, all independant and living on there trade. The follow all kind of god and depend for each hamlet or city, but they all turn around survival and prosperity.

To the east is the desert most of the population are nomads, but one great city have sprout on an island. The wizard city of Mir Salaam. The magocracy have raise into power in the region as the wizards have used there magic to fertilize the land. The high wizard is in power for now a century, which, for a human, is a very long time and no one knows how he has reach that lifespan, but rumors run on which he would have been blessed by the magic god. He is a reknown diviner and it is for his skill to predict the bad time and prepare for it that have allowed him to hold the power of his small kingdom. The high wizards is surrounded by eight conselor, all powerfull wizards. One for each speciality (except divination) and one generalist. Each have a specific area of control over the small kingdom. The wizard nation and the elves tend to communicate mainly by two mirrors that reflect the image of the other court, but only when both mirror are activated. The wizards have only one temple in the city, and it is dedicated to the magic god, including some small chapel for other gods.

Finally, to the south of the delta is a small island where lives a small religious community.

[SBLOCK=OOC]That what you get for these rolls, basic information only, plus some detail on all magic related things:
Knowledge [Arcana]: 25
Knowledge [Geography]: 11
Knowledge [History]: 8
Knowledge [Local]: 10 (Untrained)
Knowledge [Nature]: 3 (Untrained)
Knowledge [Nobility]: 17 (Untrained)
Knowledge [Religion]: 19 (Untrained)[/SBLOCK]

Attachments

• Map.bmp
    200.4 KB · Views: 287
Last edited:

Lord_Raven88

First Post
As the sun sets Vorax rouses himself from the near stupor that he had immersed himself in and becomes aware of the aches and pain of his inactivity and the harsh rays of the sun. Stretching his body the aches quickly begin to subside.

'I need information!'

'Who is this Archmagus the humans work for? Why have the Elves allied themselves with these ones? Was is merely to secure there southern border or is there another deeper reason?'

As his mind begins to mull over these and other thoughts Vorax begins his decent from the tree then squirms his way into the hidden entrance beneath the tree. Sinking down into the cool torpid water sends a shiver of relief throughout Vorax's body as his dried-out scales find welcome relief.

Swimming lazily through the twisting tunnels Vorax stops while he is still 50 feet away from his mothers lair and calls upon his innate magical heritage to allow him to discern magical auras.

Edging his way forward cautiously Vorax begins searching for any magical traps or alarms that may have been left behind in his birthplace.

OOC: Cast Detect Magic then Vorax moves forward slowly and cautiously searching for magical auras. Takes 20 on Move Silently checks +5, Take 20 on Search checks +3

Velmont

First Post
Vorax slowly crawl down the tree and return into the hole. He swims throught all the twists and slowly approach the surface of the water. He peeks his eyes and see four elves guarding an hoard of treasure. Two of them seems vigilent and looks around while the other two seems more relaxing and speaks in the tongue Vorax can't understand.

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Not yet sure of his ability to overwhelm four elves Vorax returns the way that he came then exits the tree. The dull ache in his stomach reminds Vorax that he has yet to eat his first meal. 'How could my mother have failed so pitifully. My first task should have been to eat my shell, which is full of important nutrients, then I should have been trained and protected until I was old enough to survive on my own.'

'Now I must learn how to survive. But survive I will, and one day I will return and wreak vengeance upon these elves and this archmagus who have dared to deny me my heritage'

Feeling somewhat better Vorax takes to the air and flies around in a lazy circle 100 feet above the ground getting his bearings so he can one day return to this spot, he begins to fly south trying to locate the river that his memory tells him should travel through the bayou and delta region.

After flying for a few minutes Vorax skims lower over the swamp and flies a mere 10 above the water, trusting his keen senses Vorax tries to locate a safe section of the bayou free from alligators. Locating such a site Vorax folds his wings and smoothly enters the waters and begins searching for mollusks and hunting for fish. Using controlled burst of his acidic breath Vorax brings down a number of fish and devours them greedily.

Finally feeling replete Vorax swims towards the surface of the water. Leaping out of the water he then take flight and continues to follow the main artery south.

'Information, I need information! And I know just where to get it.'

[sblock=OOC: ] Vorax is heading south to the region of the lizardmen, he'll stop at the first settlement he finds and remain in hiding.[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
After having eaten some shells and fishes, he continue his flight, following teh flow of the river. From his height, it is a strange things to see the river, it seems calm and slow, but it seems just like a giant who is sleeping after a rage, as at many place, Vorax can't identify the shore, the water of the river having flooded the plain and creating the bayou.

The day grows darker. Vorax have spent a lot fo time hiding in the tree , and a bit more finding something to eat. That brings him some luck, as he easily spots a fire on one of the bank. As he appraoch, it doesn't seems like a village but a camp. Only a few hut of poor quality have been establish, more likely temporary habitation, explaining why no hard work have been done to make them resistant. From one of these hut, there is some smoke that comes out from the small holes in the roof.

Vorax spots two lizardfolk working on and hide. It seems the hatchling have fallen on an hunting camp, and these lizardfolk have been hunting some alligator for there hide and meat.

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Circling unseen around the camp 100 feet from the ground Vorax carefully searches for hidden sentries. Satisfied with his exploration Vorax glides down from the darkened sky and lands gently on the hut emitting smoke. Looking around to see if he was observed Vorax then focuses his attention on the interior of the hut.

[sblock=Skill Checks ] Hide+13, Move Silently+5, Listen+7, Spot+7 Where possible Vorax will take 10 with these checks.[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
Vorax circle over the camp. After a few minutes, he spots three more lizardfolks, they are smaller and doesn't seems to be guard, they more looks like to be actually gathering woods. It takes times for one of teh larger lizardfolk to spot Vorax. As he see it, he wait a moment, obeserving the small dragon. He quickly move to a treee where is harpoon was leaning on and grabs his weapon. His companion, who was working on an hide leaves his work and grabs a large club. The tanner obeserve Vorax and then tells something to his companion that Vorax cannot identify from his height. The tanner put down his club and the one with the harpoon lower his weapon.

The tanner shouts "Welcome dragon." in draconic.

borble

First Post
Vorax, finally losing interest, and then fly’s off in search of a good under water cave. Finding a lake, he dives down looking, but all there is, is a dead log. He keeps looking though, and sure enough he finds one after a short while.

Its 50 feet under water with 10 square feet of room and a lapping shore line with a 4 foot bank, with drift weeds piled up all around. He go's about picking up the weeds and making a nest.

(Now it’s time for a back door) he says to himself. He swims to the top and finds a fairly large tree with a badger nest under it not to far from the lake. He kills the badgers and thinks (goody, diner). He makes sure to keep it looking like a badger hole, and then, starts to dig....
ben

Velmont

First Post
Borble... this is a solo game with Lord Raven 88... or is it you LR who post with the bad account? Please use your good one.

Remove ads