Tale of a Black Dragon - Chapter 1: New home

Velmont

First Post
The news of teh death of Vorax's mother seems to affect the lizardfolks. Some seems afraid, other ismply surprised. Only the one who wears no armor doesn't seem affected by the news. After Vorax finish his speech, the half-naked lizardfolk whispers words to the lizardfolk in the fine armor. The later nods.

"My name is Sir'iak" tells the Lizardfolk in the fine armor. "Why do you thinks the tribes will fight each others? What tells you the elves and humans will have interest in the delta? What could you offer us that would help us and that we couldn't take ourselves?"

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Velmont said:
Velmont said:
The news of teh death of Vorax's mother seems to affect the lizardfolks. Some seems afraid, other ismply surprised. Only the one who wears no armor doesn't seem affected by the news. After Vorax finish his speech, the half-naked lizardfolk whispers words to the lizardfolk in the fine armor. The later nods.

"My name is Sir'iak" tells the Lizardfolk in the fine armor. "Why do you thinks the tribes will fight each others? What tells you the elves and humans will have interest in the delta? What could you offer us that would help us and that we couldn't take ourselves?"

Vorax takes a moment to ponder the words of Sir'iak before he answers "The tribes of Lizardfolk will fight amongst themselves for two main reasons. Firstly it is the nature of the strong to subdue the weak, the stronger tribes will ally themselves with those are weaker than themselves, with those who either seek their protection, or wish to curry favour their favour."

"And secondly it is in your nature to fight and not to unite. For generations uncounted, the tribes of Lizardfolk have fought each other, you only join together when a powerful leader emerges, when that leader dies you return to your warring feuding ways."

"My mother united the Delta under her powerful and long lasting rulership, with her passing it is inevitably that you will fall back upon your old ways. While my mother was successful in uniting the tribes, she failed to help you to change and grow as a species. She feared what would happen if you were to ever put your old animosities aside, she feared the consequences of allowing or culture to mature and advance."

"I however am not afraid! my offer to you is three fold. Firstly I can act as an advisor to you chief Sir'iak. We dragons bear the knowledge of all those who have come before us, so despite the fact that I have but recently hatched I have eons of experience to help you to survive the coming battles and to help your tribe to grow and advance as no other tribe has done before.

"Secondly, with me by your side I will improve the standing that your tribe has among the others, also those who are still loyal to the old ways will flock to side, bolstering your numbers and support."

"Thirdly, I will help to defend your tribe from attack by others."

Vorax pauses to allow his words to sink in "I make this offer to you only this once Sir'iak, so think carefully on my words."

[sblock=OOC] Vorax watches the Lizardfolk carefully for any signs of treachery and attack. At the first sign of trouble Vorax will move onto a new branch so as to put the trunk of the tree between him and his attackers (cover and concealment) and then cast Obscuring Mist.[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
"You are young, dragon, and your words doesn't carry the knowledge of your mother." replies the half-naked lizardfolk. "My name is Spirit Wing and I'm the Shaman of this young tribe. No tribe will dare to attack the Iron Scale clan. Z'zess, the leader of the Iron clan, Master of the Delta, Speaker of the Dragon God will not allow it. And when Z'zess speak, all tribes listen to him, either by fear or by loyalty. He has followed your mother's rule, but I doubt he will follow yours."

"Spirit Wing is right. Z'zess will not accept your rule if your mother is now dead. You'll have to challenge him and beat him, to give him no doubt that he has a chance to kill you. He is ambitious and powerfull, and no tribe can challenge his." adds Sir'iak. "But my tribe have never liked Z'zess rules. We accept it because we have no choice. And if the humans and elves seeks to take back the control of the delta, no tribes will dare to challenge Z'zess before that threat is away."

Remove ads