Tale of a Black Dragon - Chapter 1: New home

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Velmont said:
Vorax flies over the lizardfolk and let a sparkling cone of bright color toward him. The lizardfolk seems to get stunned by the lights and stop to move and doesn't replies to the taunt of the black hatchling.

Vorax hungry eyes his apparently defenseless opponent wanting nothing more than to sink his fangs into the impudent Lizardman, swallowing his anger Vorax flies back into the mist realising that it is better to be safe than sorry.

Returning to his perch Vorax addresses the lizardman in a conciliatory tone "Little Rat, throw down your weapon and pledge yourself to me and I will spare your life. Together we will do great things, with you at my side we will transform your tribe into the greatest tribe this swamp has ever seen."

AC 16, HP 40/44, fly 100 (avg) -flyby attack feat, Init +5, Blindsense 60'. Diplomacy +4
Breath Weapon Recovery: 2 rounds.

Velmont

First Post
Vorax wait a moment, as the lizardfolk need to recover from Vorax spell. The club of the lizardfolk have been drop by him as he had been stunned, but as he recover from his condition, he doesn't seems to go for it. "Your offer smells treachery, lizard. I warn you, if you do anything that go against the tribe, you'll never know what hit you. You wouldn't be the first lizard I would have skinned alive."

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Velmont said:
Vorax wait a moment, as the lizardfolk need to recover from Vorax spell. The club of the lizardfolk have been drop by him as he had been stunned, but as he recover from his condition, he doesn't seems to go for it. "Your offer smells treachery, lizard. I warn you, if you do anything that go against the tribe, you'll never know what hit you. You wouldn't be the first lizard I would have skinned alive."

Speaking from his hidden vantage point Vorax address the Lizardman with a thoughtful note in his voice

"Your concern for your tribe is commendable. And while my motives aren't exactly pure they do involve elevating your tribe and eventually unifying all of the tribes into a single nation of Lizardfolk."

"I have much to tell your chief, but this much I can tell you. War is coming and we need to prepare ourselves if we wish to survive it."

AC 16, HP 40/44, fly 100 (avg) -flyby attack feat, Init +5, Blindsense 60'. Diplomacy +4
Breath Weapon Recovery: 1 round.

Velmont

First Post
The lizardfolk stay silent for a moment. "Fine." As the mist dissapears, the lizardfolk see the kobold who are hiding. "Who told you to stop to work, if you want to be skin alive, just wait for me to come to you!" The kobold quickly returns to there work.

Time pass, and the small lizardfolk, that Vorax now recognize as what he think to be kobolds, are doing all the menual tasks around the camp. One of them make sure teh hide on which teh skinner was working doens't dry and get lost while the others are gathering woods so the tent where the crocodile's meat is smoke continue to be fed with wood. During all that time, the large lizardfolk seems to keep an eye on Vorax, obviously not trusting him.

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Velmont said:
The lizardfolk stay silent for a moment. "Fine." As the mist dissapears, the lizardfolk see the kobold who are hiding. "Who told you to stop to work, if you want to be skin alive, just wait for me to come to you!" The kobold quickly returns to there work.

Time pass, and the small lizardfolk, that Vorax now recognize as what he think to be kobolds, are doing all the menual tasks around the camp. One of them make sure teh hide on which teh skinner was working doens't dry and get lost while the others are gathering woods so the tent where the crocodile's meat is smoke continue to be fed with wood. During all that time, the large lizardfolk seems to keep an eye on Vorax, obviously not trusting him.

Gazing down upon the lizard man Vorax replies to his comments with a hint of amusement in his voice. "I'm glad we were able to reach an accord.... What is it that you are called anyway?"

"I will see you two nights from now [insert lizard mans name], until then good hunting"
giving the lizardman a toothy grin Vorax takes to the air and flies away.

[sblock=OOC] Vorax will find a safe part of the swamp to hole up for the next two days, and do nothing else but hunting, sleeping and musing about his plans for the future. Then at nightfall of the second day Vorax will fly back to the meeting place and survey the area from 110 feet above the ground (Darkvision 120 feet) [/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
Gazing down upon the lizard man Vorax replies to his comments with a hint of amusement in his voice. "I'm glad we were able to reach an accord.... What is it that you are called anyway?"

"My name is Ehssion." answers the lizardfolk.

"I will see you two nights from now [insert lizard mans name], until then good hunting" giving the lizardman a toothy grin Vorax takes to the air and flies away.

"Trisska should be back in the morning with Sir'iak" Ehssion shouts as Vorax flies away.

The hatchling find a place to pass the night. In the morning, he doesn't have difficulty to find someonthing to eat, having found a nest with a few eggs that, for the dragon size, is a feast.

Last edited:

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Velmont said:

"My name is Ehssion." answers the lizardfolk.

"I will see you two nights from now Ehssion, until then good hunting" giving the lizardman a toothy grin Vorax takes to the air and flies away.

"Trisska should be back in the morning with Sir'iak" Ehssion shouts as Vorax flies away.

The hatchling find a place to pass the night. In the morning, he doesn't have difficulty to find someonthing to eat, having found a nest with a few eggs that, for the dragon size, is a feast.

Returning in the late morning Vorax circles the clearing and a large swathe of land around it from a great height (100 feet) looking for hidden foes. Satisfied with his initial reconnaissance Vorax flies 60 feet above the ground he repeats the same flight path allowing his superb senses to alert him to any hidden foes.

[sblock=OOC: ] Vorax takes 20 on Listen and Spot checks at 100 feet up before flying 60 feet above the ground and repeating the same procedure. This is in addition to using his blindsense ability.

Vorax's next actions will be determined by what he discovers during this flight.[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
The first flight over teh campment tells Vorax that some new lixzardfolk are there. He see a band that have are waiting there. As he does his second turn over the camp, he count there is actually 10 lizardfolks and five kobolds.

Among the large group, there is two that seemes to outshine. The first wear a breastplate and have fine sword. guessing of what Vorax have seen, and how the armor have difficulty to fit well on the lizardfolk body, it seems the armor is not a creation made for him, or for any lizardfolk.

The second contrast with the others for the opposite reason, as he wear no weapons or armor. He wears no clothing except a belt with decorated with feathers, claw and teeth.

All the others wears armors made of some soft leather or crude hide and use wooden weapons. Ehssion and Trisska are both there.

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Velmont said:
The first flight over teh campment tells Vorax that some new lixzardfolk are there. He see a band that have are waiting there. As he does his second turn over the camp, he count there is actually 10 lizardfolks and five kobolds.

Among the large group, there is two that seemes to outshine. The first wear a breastplate and have fine sword. guessing of what Vorax have seen, and how the armor have difficulty to fit well on the lizardfolk body, it seems the armor is not a creation made for him, or for any lizardfolk.

The second contrast with the others for the opposite reason, as he wear no weapons or armor. He wears no clothing except a belt with decorated with feathers, claw and teeth.

All the others wears armors made of some soft leather or crude hide and use wooden weapons. Ehssion and Trisska are both there.

Gazing down from his perch Vorax looks intently at the unusual Lizardfolk before speaking in a loud clear voice "My Mother lies dead. Killed by the hands of the Elves with the aid of the Archmagus" Vorax looks around at the gauge the reaction of the Lizardfolk

"While this might be a cause of celebration among the elves, the humans and many Lizardfolk. It spells doom for many. My mother was the binding force of peace among the separate Lizardfolk tribes and stopped the humans and elves of plundering your land and slaying your kind."

"With her death the fragile alliance of peace has been shattered, soon ancient rivalries will surface and Lizardfolk will fight Lizardfolk. Some for revenge, some for power, and others because they are stronger than their foes."

"This fighting will then allow the humans and elves to kill tribe after tribe until the entire swamp is theirs! How will your tribe fare in such a state?"

"Why do I tell you this you may ask? I seek a mutually beneficial alliance with your tribe, in return for protection and shelter I will help your tribe not only weather this storm, but flourish because of it."

"While the other tribes fight among themselves I can help to strengthen your tribe and your position. I do not seek to replace your chief or your shaman or adept. I merely seek to be your ally."

Remove ads