Tale of a Black Dragon - Chapter 1: New home

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Coming to rest in the branches of a tree Vorax looks down from his perch at the tanner and replies in draconic "Be at ease I mean you no harm."

"Tell me which tribe do you belong to, and who is your chief"

Velmont

First Post
"We are of the tribe of Sir'iak. He is our chief. We are among the most loyal of the black scale alliance." replies the Tanner. "My name is Trisska. How can we help you?"

As he speaks the one with the harpoon whispers something to him and the only reply he got his an elbow in the ribs from the tanner.

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Velmont said:
"We are of the tribe of Sir'iak. He is our chief. We are among the most loyal of the black scale alliance." replies the Tanner. "My name is Trisska. How can we help you?"

As he speaks the one with the harpoon whispers something to him and the only reply he got his an elbow in the ribs from the tanner.
Vorax cocks his head to the side as the lizardman whispers into the tanners ear "Return to your village Trisska, and bring Sir'iak. I have news for him that will affect his place in the Black Scale Alliance."

"I will return here at nightfall two days from now. If I sense a trap or he fails to show, then I will bring my news to another more worthy tribe."

Vorax shifts his gaze to the harpoon wielding Lizardman "If you wish to test your skills against my own hunter, then stay behind. I have yet to feast upon the flesh of your kind, mother tells me it is quite delectable"

[sblock=Skill Checks ] Knowledge (Geography & History) +3 regarding the Sir'iak tribe of lizardmen. Intimidate+4 vs hapoon using hunter [/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
The name of Sir'iak tells little thing to Vorax. All he can tells it is that tribe is a young tribe, and thus, had to make his territory on the outskirt of the lizardfolk territory. They are established on the northen border. Rumors have been told bout Sir'iak, some telling he was courageous, other were telling he was a fool to live os near of the dragon who doesn't tolerate the lizardfolk near her home.

"I'm going immediatly." tells the tanner, who quickly gather a few things and leaves. The lizardfolk with teh harpoon looks at the tanner leaving in haste and shook his head and he seemed discouraged by his companion attitude. Once he has left, he turns his attention back to you.

"It's a shame to see him bowing at the first talking lizard coming here. No dragon are the size of a rat. If you think you can scare me, you are a fool."

[SBLOCK=OOC]Rolls:
Intimidate: 10
Knowledge (Arcana): 8
Knowledge (Geography): 15
Knowledge (Historyl): 12
Knowledge (Local): 20 (untrained)[/SBLOCK]

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Velmont said:
The lizardfolk with teh harpoon looks at the tanner leaving in haste and shook his head and he seemed discouraged by his companion attitude. Once he has left, he turns his attention back to you.

"It's a shame to see him bowing at the first talking lizard coming here. No dragon are the size of a rat. If you think you can scare me, you are a fool."

Baring his fangs at the hunters words Vorax glares down at the impudent Lizardman "Very well then little worm lets see who is the rat and who of us is the cat"

Reaching inside to the burning center of his magic, Vorax utters arcane words in Draconic and summons thick billowing white mist to shroud his perch. With a flap of his wings Vorax moves from his existing perch to another branch on the tree.

AC 16, HP 44/44, Init +5, Blindsense 60'. Cast Obscuring Mist then moves to a new perch.

Velmont

First Post
As Vorax start to whispers words of arcane, the lizardfolk doesn't hesitate and throw his harpoon at the tiny dragon. The harpoon hit the wing, which is painful to Vorax on the moment, but can hold his concentration and the mist raise from the ground and start to cover the area. Vorax jump from his branch and glide to another branch. The lizardfolk grabs the club left by his companion and starts to look around searching the mist for his opponent. He also feels the kobold near, two fleeing the scene, one staying hidden.

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Velmont said:
As Vorax start to whispers words of arcane, the lizardfolk doesn't hesitate and throw his harpoon at the tiny dragon. The harpoon hit the wing, which is painful to Vorax on the moment, but can hold his concentration and the mist raise from the ground and start to cover the area. Vorax jump from his branch and glide to another branch. The lizardfolk grabs the club left by his companion and starts to look around searching the mist for his opponent. He also feels the kobold near, two fleeing the scene, one staying hidden.
Despite the pain of his injured wing Vorax manages to remain silent, taking flight Vorax begins to fly in a tight arc within the confines on the concealing mist, when the Lizardman is within range Vorax opens his mouth in a feral grin and spews forth a gout of his acidic breath which briefly covers the Lizardman and then continues on with his flight.

AC 16, HP ?/44, Init +5, Blindsense 60', fly 100 (avg), flyby attack. Breath Weapon 2d4 (DC14) 30 foot length.

Velmont

First Post
Vorax jump from his branch and glide to another one. this time, while he fly, he breath a cone of acid at the lizardfolk who is unable to rpotect himself from the breath. He can't prevent to let out a small cry. "Coward! Come here, come and fight like a warrior!"

[SBLOCK=OOC]You took 4 damages in the previous round.

Vorax: 4 damages
Lizardfolk: 8 damages[/SBLOCK]

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Velmont said:
Vorax jump from his branch and glide to another one. this time, while he fly, he breath a cone of acid at the lizardfolk who is unable to potect himself from the breath. He can't prevent to let out a small cry. "Coward! Come here, come and fight like a warrior!"

Vorax speaks from the mist as he continues his circular flight "Coward? Hah! You seek to engage me where you have the advantage over me, instead of the other way around. Your gambit has failed little rat. Soon you will be dead and I will no longer be hungry."

AC 16, HP 40/44, fly 100 (avg) - [flyby attack feat], Init +5, Blindsense 60'. Cast Color Spray (15 ft range, Will save DC 13)
Breath Weapon Recovery: 3 rounds.

[sblock=Color Spray]If Vorax needs to leave the mist to get within range of the Lizardfolk to cast the color spray spell, then he will fly 15' above the ground when he is casting the spell and will then return to the mist[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
Vorax flies over the lizardfolk and let a sparkling cone of bright color toward him. The lizardfolk seems to get stunned by the lights and stop to move and doesn't replies to the taunt of the black hatchling.

Remove ads