• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tale of the Twin Suns Character Classes [Updated 1/29: Cleric Class Included]

Clay_More

First Post
Thats odd. Attach a screen capture of the way it is appearing for you and I'll see what I can do to fix it.

Nevermind, just tried reloading the page a few times, and it showed up fine.

Just a side note, the Essentia, it is used to power the Winds?

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Just a side note, the Essentia, it is used to power the Winds?
Indeed it is. It is also use to power Incarnum Abilities and allows uses of powers that have a set daily limit after all uses have been expended, allows modification of die rolls, etc...

Basically it is like the action point system but taken to a whole new level. Incarnum abilities are features available to character that nearly makes them superheroic.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Rev,

Is your Soul Channeler class based on material from D&D Magic of Incarnum? I don't know anything specific about that book, so I wasn't sure. I never really warmed up to it.

Plus, I noticed you've increased the power of saves for the campaign setting's classes. What was the reasoning behind that?

The Dawnblade is fascinating. It definitely suits the campaign's unique name and background. I don't think it would work in my setting, but it's an interesting concept.

Your druid class has some very unique options. Good stuff. I haven't read over your ranger or rogue classes yet. I only skimmed the fighter, but I'll give it a second glance again later.

Cheers!

KF72

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Is your Soul Channeler class based on material from D&D Magic of Incarnum? I don't know anything specific about that book, so I wasn't sure. I never really warmed up to it.
No its not. The whole Animus/Essentia/Incarnum system I'm using is a reimaging of that which is presented in MoI. Most of the class features are of my own design except for the the following; percipience (Greenbond/AE), Mind Like Water (renaming of Still Mind), Speak to the Soul (reworked Tongue of the Sun & Moon).

Plus, I noticed you've increased the power of saves for the campaign setting's classes. What was the reasoning behind that?
I didn't like how they topped out at 20th level with an even number if the minimum roll of the d20 for a success was 2 + 12 (14), this way they top at 15. An epic Feat that I need to write up will allow PCs to automatically succeed at DC 15 saving throws.

The Dawnblade is fascinating. It definitely suits the campaign's unique name and background. I don't think it would work in my setting, but it's an interesting concept.

Your druid class has some very unique options. Good stuff. I haven't read over your ranger or rogue classes yet. I only skimmed the fighter, but I'll give it a second glance again later.
The fighter is an amalgamation of Iron Heroes Armiger & Weapon Master classes.
Fell free to yoink choice bits or completely rework any of these classes to use in any fashion you desitre for Kulan.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Bump for including my Cleric class.
Okay, I finally had a chance to look this over. Rev, that cleric class is very powerful. It's almost like a cleric/paladin, IMO.

What was your reasoning behind the 7 skill points per level? [EDIT] Nevermind, I just noticed that all your classes have more skill points.

Remove ads