Tales of the Jedi trailer

pukunui

Legend
Watched them all now.

Weird that they split the Ahsoka episodes but put all of Dooku’s together in between.

Two things they didn’t show us that I would have liked to have seen:

1) Dooku leaving the Jedi Order
2) Ahsoka purifying the lightsaber crystals she took from that inquisitor.

Otherwise these were nice snippets of the lives of Dooku and Ahsoka.

I thought Dooku had left the order before Phantom Menace but I guess not. I also thought he had left the order before being seduced by Sidious but that would appear to be wrong as well. (EDIT: OK apparently he did leave the order earlier than that but was allowed to keep his lightsaber and was still welcome to visit the Jedi Temple, which he frequently did.)

Now we finally know what happened to poor Yaddle. Interesting that she didn’t talk like Yoda. (And that she was disillusioned enough to step down from the council but not enough to turn to the dark side like Dooku.)

Last edited:

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
2) Ahsoka purifying the lightsaber crystals she took from that inquisitor.
I, for one, am glad they did not. I know this concept is canonical in comics and novels, but once it is shown in a film or show, it becomes "super canon" that will be impossible to undo. Obviously, I do not care for the idea, and I think it was a misstep in lore development.

MarkB

Legend
Now we finally know what happened to poor Yaddle. Interesting that she didn’t talk like Yoda.
There is another example of a member of Yoda's species, on the Jedi Council in the distant past in Knights of the Old Republic. Obviously not entirely canon these days, but he also didn't talk like Yoda.

pukunui

Legend
I, for one, am glad they did not. I know this concept is canonical in comics and novels, but once it is shown in a film or show, it becomes "super canon" that will be impossible to undo. Obviously, I do not care for the idea, and I think it was a misstep in lore development.
I, for one, do like the idea. There is something special about Ahsoka. I am hoping we will find out more in her live action show.

On a side note, I want to know more about the inquisitor she defeated. He looked somewhat robotic, and when she decapitated him, his head sort of deflated.

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
I, for one, do like the idea. There is something special about Ahsoka. I am hoping we will find out more in her live action show.
If it was unique to Ahsoka, I might be able to get behind it, as she is making a new trail among Jedi traditions. But it's not just her; it is how all the Sith turn their crystals red. :rolleyes:
On a side note, I want to know more about the inquisitor she defeated. He looked somewhat robotic, and when she decapitated him, his head sort of deflated.
Yeah, that reminded me of the demise of the Witch-King in Return of the King.

pukunui

Legend
If it was unique to Ahsoka, I might be able to get behind it, as she is making a new trail among Jedi traditions. But it's not just her; it is how all the Sith turn their crystals red. :rolleyes:
I don't see the problem. The khyber crystals are "alive" and in tune with the Force. Dark side users corrupt their crystals to turn them red, and Ahsoka used her unique power to purify them to white. Due to the events on Mortis and subsequent hints, I am wondering if Ahsoka either has the spirit of the Daughter within her or was merely granted some of the Daughter's power when the Daughter raised her from the dead on Mortis. It's also possible the owl is the Daughter (or the remnants of her / her spirit). This is what I'm hoping to find out in the live action show, although it's entirely possible they'll keep it a mystery. It just feels like they're building towards something big with Ahsoka and her connection to the Force.

Yeah, that reminded me of the demise of the Witch-King in Return of the King.
Yeah, a bit like that. But no Sith or Inquisitor has ever become one with the Force that I know of, so there must have been something else going on there.

There is another example of a member of Yoda's species, on the Jedi Council in the distant past in Knights of the Old Republic. Obviously not entirely canon these days, but he also didn't talk like Yoda.
Or maybe, in those days, everyone talked like Yoda, but that was the language that was translated into modern American English.

Remove ads