Tales of the Jedi trailer

It could be part of Ahsoka's story, in her post-Clone Wars / pre-Rebels activities. We also see an Inquisitor confronting her, after all.
True, I forgot about the inquisitor. But I was under the impression from the final series of The Clone Wars that Ahsoka was very very busy elsewhere at the time of Amidala's funeral. There seem to be shots from Qui-Gon's funeral mixed in.

Are we sure that's an inquisitor, and not a pre-Phantom Menace Sith? That does look like Tarkin behind, but I can't be sure, and that looks like a Darth Maul double sabre rather than an inquisitor "wheel" sabre. The trailer is cut so you can't tell who is actually facing off against this character.

MarkB

Legend
True, I forgot about the inquisitor. But I was under the impression from the final series of The Clone Wars that Ahsoka was very very busy elsewhere at the time of Amidala's funeral. There seem to be shots from Qui-Gon's funeral mixed in.

Are we sure that's an inquisitor, and not a pre-Phantom Menace Sith? That does look like Tarkin behind, but I can't be sure, and that looks like a Darth Maul double sabre rather than an inquisitor "wheel" sabre. The trailer is cut so you can't tell who is actually facing off against this character.
The subtitles identify the speaker as "INQUISITOR". And while there might be two separate scenes where there's an inquisitor surrounded by flames and Ahsoka surrounded by flames, that seems unlikely on balance.

It's six shorts telling two stories, so the inquisitor appears in either Aksoka's story or Dooku's story, and it certainly wouldn't make any more sense for him to be turning up in Dooku's story.

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
But I was under the impression from the final series of The Clone Wars that Ahsoka was very very busy elsewhere at the time of Amidala's funeral.
There is a quick shot of what looks like Ahsoka at Padme's funeral. I would agree that I would not have thought she would be able to attend due to the established timeline. However, there might be a lengthy ceremonial period leading up to a beloved former queen's funeral (as we see with Queen Elizabeth II), so there might be time for Ahsoka to get there. Also, beyond the fact that she knew Padme, Ahsoka may have additional reasons to risk attending. She may be hoping to learn more of Anakin's fate after Order 66, or she may have known Padme was pregnant, and wanted to see if she had delivered the child or not.
There is a very quick shot of the Inquisitor fighting with Ahsoka earlier in the trailer.

MarkB

Legend
Given the shots we see, and that the trailer states "Six shorts... Two stories", my guess is that, at least for Ahsoka's story, what we'll get is one episode set during her childhood and early training, one episode as Anakin's padawan, and one episode set sometime between her Clone Wars and Rebels appearances.

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
Also, beyond the fact that she knew Padme, Ahsoka may have additional reasons to risk attending. She may be hoping to learn more of Anakin's fate after Order 66, or she may have known Padme was pregnant, and wanted to see if she had delivered the child or not.
Following up my own thoughts here. With Padme's known frequent association with Jedi, an Inquisitor staking out her funeral to see who shows up would not be a stretch.

Remove ads