• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Tall's PotA Campaign - IC

TallIan

Explorer
Sacred Stone Monastery, Day 7, Late Evening

There is no light spilling from around the doors. Although they are sturdy they are very roughly made and it proves easy to find a gap. The smell of unwashed humanity and excrement is overpowering and inside you can see six miserable looking people crammed into a space barely big enough for half that number.

Four are huddled together on a straw pallet, another two are sitting facing each other, one seems to be tending to the other while they whisper to each other. "...doing this. ...appreciate it ... chance of ... here. ... that ... rescue ... find ..."

Testing the door, you find it locked.

Yavathol

Explorer
"It seems we may have found some delegates!"

Ilvellios assisted J.V. in picking the lock, since he seemed more skilled than the monk, supplying another pair of dextrous hands and applying tension as directed.

OOC:
Is that ok, [MENTION=6814006]Thateous[/MENTION]?

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Dessarin/Stone Monastery
Day 7/Night
Round 0

Errol perked up when Illvelious announced they had found someone. Well, things were going right for once! He still couldn’t see anything. He moved to feel his way toward the door, but apparently Illvelious and J.V. were handling the lock, so he leaned back against the wall once more.

“I have the keys we found on the ogres,” Errol commented, pulling out the key ring.

[sblock=Actions]
Move:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Free Object Interaction:
Conditions:
Bolts used:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Errol’s Mini Stats]
Inspiration: 3
AC: 16
HP: 36/36+6 thp HD: 4/4d10
Superiority Dice: (4/4/R @ d8 DC 14) (Commander’s Strike, Rally, Trip)
Arrows: 35
Bolts: 16
Bolts Used: 3
Action Surge (1/R)
Second Wind (1/R 1d10+4)
Inspiring Leader (1/R 6)*
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Loot]
21 gp (???)
200 cp (Errol)
Set of Keys (Illvelious) - one key opens the doors to the guard room, +3 more keys
Small figurine of a one-eyed orc (Gruumsh)(Illvelious)
[/sblock]

TallIan

Explorer
Sacred Stone Monastery, Day 7, Midnight

As Illvillious and J.J. set about trying to pick the lock, Errol's voice drifts through the darkness, “I have the keys we found on the ogres,” followed by a jingle. The Orog's keys open the lock and with some effort the door scrapes open, waking the four sleeping prisoners.

Five of the prisoners scuttle into a corner, cowering, but the sixth stands up and faces you. Fresh blood and old bruises speaking of the abuse he's suffered, but he stands tall and proud waiting for whatever comes. When he realises that you are not his captors he introduces himself, "I am Sir Jondal of the Knights of Samular."

You find seventeen prisoners in total, though most are common farmers and villagers. There is the dwarf Bruildenthar, the sage who authored the books that you have found in several places so far. All show signs of physical abuse and are desperate to escape.

Yavathol

Explorer
"I think a light here would help everyone, if someone has a lantern."

Ilvellios addressed Sir Jondal, "Do you know if there are more prisoners in the adjacent rooms?"

He stepped into the room and helped some of the people to their feet..

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Dessarin/Stone Monastery
Day 7/Night
Round 0

“Finally,” Errol said. He pulled out his bullseye lantern and lit it, moving to the door to shine the light inside of the cell so it wouldn’t spill out into the hallway as much and draw attention.

“We came to rescue you,” Errol told the motley crew of prisoners. “Follow us, and we will get you back to Red Larch. Can everyone walk?”

[sblock=Actions]
Move:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Free Object Interaction:
Conditions:
Bolts used:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Errol’s Mini Stats]
Inspiration: 3
AC: 16
HP: 36/36+6 thp HD: 4/4d10
Superiority Dice: (4/4/R @ d8 DC 14) (Commander’s Strike, Rally, Trip)
Arrows: 35
Bolts: 16
Bolts Used: 3
Action Surge (1/R)
Second Wind (1/R 1d10+4)
Inspiring Leader (1/R 6)*
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Loot]
21 gp (???)
200 cp (Errol)
Set of Keys (Illvelious) - one key opens the doors to the guard room, +3 more keys
Small figurine of a one-eyed orc (Gruumsh)(Illvelious)
[/sblock]

TallIan

Explorer
Sacred Stone Monastery, Day 7, Midnight

The 17 prisoners were spread across all three cells.

"Is anyone hurt?" asks Duran. There is a negative sounding collective mumble and a voice from the darkness replies, "Anyone who couldn't work got taken away to be fed to that monster."

As light flairs into the cave you can see that the prisoners all show signs of beating and hard labour. Some are starting to show signs of malnutrition, having been imprisoned the longest. “Follow us, and we will get you back to Red Larch. Can everyone walk?”, Says Errol, excitement starts to turns to noise from the prisoners and it takes some effort to calm them. "We best be quick. If you are here, I suspect you dealt with Jurth, but there are Duargar that patrol the mines."

Azurewraith

Explorer
"Prehaps we should send someone out in front? The light will give us away never mind the noise of us wandering through. I could flitter on ahead as a bat however communication would be difficult.

Duran looks around to see if he recognises any faces.

Sent from my [device_name] using EN World mobile app

Yavathol

Explorer
"Maybe we should just stick together, it's not far to the next level up, and I think the way back to the entrance we used is clear, isn't it?"

OOC:
Do we want to take them back to Red Larch, we know there are spies there.. Maybe the other town would be better?

Remove ads