D&D 5E Tall's PotA Campaign - IC

TallIan

Explorer
Illvilious makes his way through the garden, keeping an eye on the statues that seemed too well carved. They sit there unmoving until one of the villagers trips on a loose stone and crashes in the overgrown plants. The two suspicious statues turn their heads to face the disturbance then rear up, arms and wings spreading wide. With a hiss they leap towards the group in the garden.

Gargoyle

GM: I'm taking a bit of liberty here to move things along. The other escapees are in a line heading down the stairs and back into the crypt. Duran and Sir Jondal make up the rear. If you want to get to the garden a move and dash action will get you just outside the door. And if Duran and JV want a different avatar, feel free to point me at one.

_: 1D20 = [2] = 2
1D20 = [7] = 7
1D20 = [8] = 8
Villager stealth rolls. I was rolling them in groups (two of 6 one of 5) to make life easier and they are clearly not very stealthy
villagers out the door: 1D6 = [6] = 6

Gargoyle initiative: 1D20 = [15] = 15

Gargoyle initiative: 1D20 = [11] = 11

So if anyone rolls higher than 15, the part goes first.

I've been playing around with Roll20 for other stuff and thought I would use it here (since I found some free PotA maps. Any squares that are predominantly green are difficult terrain ans squares that have plants in are pretty much impassable. Let me know if you felt your character would be somewhere else.

Attachments

• combat round 1.png
    combat round 1.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 80
Last edited:

TallIan

Explorer
GM: Errol didn't take a short rest with the rest of you, so he can't redo the THPs yet, though some of you still have them.

Illvillious neads to make a HD roll, if you want, for the HP recovery. I've also added the extra HPs from the Amulet of health.

Conditions as I think they are:
Ilvillious 38/39
Nariah 23+6/23
Duran 23/23
Erol 36+6/36
J.V. 27+6/27

EDIT: Illvilious's HP after HD roll

Last edited:

Azurewraith

Explorer
OOC: [roll0]
If this spoken section of this action goes to far

"Get the prisoners out I shall hold them here." with that Duran darts forward as he quite literally jumps out of his skin being replaced by a rather large brown bear that begins bowling people out of its way charging to the head of the group.
OOC: The bear has a moment speed of 40 so 80 with a dash by my logic that should put him just ahead of Errol

Sent from my [device_name] using EN World mobile app

Remove ads