• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Tall's PotA Campaign - IC

Yavathol

Explorer
"Thank you Duran," Ilvellios, though not squeamish, is halfway out of the room before he has finished speaking..

OOC: We already took all the loot, didn't we? If not, we take it:)

TallIan

Explorer
Riverguard Keep,
Day 6, Early morning - pre dawn

Begrudgingly the group decide the only solution is frontier justice and it falls to Duran to do the deed. He does his best to be quick but Jolliver proves to be tough. Claws, bolts and swords seem to have no effect and it ultimately falls to the two warlock's eldritch powers to finish him off.

He curses and squeals the whole time, and it doesn't tale long for guards to come knocking on the door. They are not able to break in before Jolliver is taken care of, and the heroes are long gone before the door gives way.

GM: He is immune to non magical weapons so pretty much on eldritch blast, or other spells that you might have are effective. If neither Nariah nor J.V. are willing to take part let me know and I'll alter the narrative. As he is restrained (and couldn't break free) he can't hit anyone unless you go up to him, the combat is pretty one sided as well, so I figured it's not really worth rolling.

Are you going back out the secret entrance or going into the underground city?

Yavathol

Explorer
OOC: My vote is for going back out the secret entrance and checking out Stonefist Monastery, or reporting what we've found to the Harpers in case they can give us more information on who Olhydra is ..

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Nariah takes no pleasure in killing a helpless target, but it must be done. "We should see if I can link up with my contacts in the Harpers, see if we can exchange some information."

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2ed598l.jpg

Dessarin/Riverguard Keep
Day 5/Evening
Round 0

Errol has little stomach for what must be done, but he refuses to leave the spellchuckers alone to their work. When his arrow proved useless, he stood by as silent witness until Jolliver stopped twitching on the floor.

“Let us be gone from this place,” he said as guards pounded on the door, “before alarm is raised.”

Errol followed the others out the secret door and made sure it was latched behind him before they headed down to the boat landing.

OOC: I can’t remember if there was a boat there we could use since we lost ours?

"Before we head to see the stone cult once sufficient distance is between us and here, I would like a moment to reflect."

Errol nodded to his companion. “The sun is set. It is getting late. We can find a place in the hills to make camp.”

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Errol’s Mini Stats]
Inspiration: 1
AC: 16
HP: 31/36 HD: 3/4d10
Superiority Dice: (4/4/R @ d8 DC 14) (Commander’s Strike, Rally, Trip)
Arrows: 35
Bolts: 23
Action Surge (1/R)
Second Wind (1/R 1d10+4)
Inspiring Leader (1/R 6)*
[/sblock]

Yavathol

Explorer
Ilvellios waited in the passageway, puzzled what was taking so long. When the others finally appeared, it was clear they were in no mood for questions.

"The sun is set. It is getting late. We can find a place in the hills to make camp.”

"Hopefully we have made river travel safer by our actions." He tried to console Duran.

"It occurs to me, if there is an old dwarf city under the hills, we could ask among the dwarfs of Red Larch and Beliard, see if anyone can tell us about it, or if any adventurers have previously explored it. How often do you hear an elf saying to talk to some dwarfs, eh?" He smiled, trying to lighten the mood.

OOC:
Yep, glad we didn't have to fight Jolly. Until 6th level, Ilvellios will be pretty ineffective against such creatures. If we bought a scroll of magic weapon, could one of the casters use it?

Would be good to have some plans in place for having to fight similar creatures!

Azurewraith

Explorer
Duran claps the elf on the shoulder before carrying on.
OOC: Duran is equally in effective against lycans, he could entangle them other than that its healing. Provided he has sslots. I would say its safe to assume there are a few around in these cults

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads