Targeting "closest enemy" with curses, powers

OchreJelly

First Post
AGFlynn said:
No-one will ever convince me, though, that the "closest you can see" rule makes any sense other than to manipulate and "encourage" a type of gameplay.
I completely understand why it's there mechanically, but it feels contrived to me from a simulationist (sigh) point of view.
*snip*

Not sure why. Try this fluff:
“ ‘Behold the terror that waits beyond the stars as you look into my eyes’. Your foe stands unopposed before you as you fix your evil eye upon him. He can’t help but gaze upon your terrible visage as he catches the smallest glimpse of what fate has in store for him.”

Giryan

First Post
OchreJelly said:
Not sure why. Try this fluff:
“ ‘Behold the terror that waits beyond the stars as you look into my eyes’. Your foe stands unopposed before you as you fix your evil eye upon him. He can’t help but gaze upon your terrible visage as he catches the smallest glimpse of what fate has in store for him.”

or
"Tendrils spread out in all directions from you, before touching an enemy and merging together, forming a dark invisible bond"

Or imagine a plasma globe and the enemy that you're cursing being the finger touching it, and making the spark.

Remove ads