Tatters of the King [Recruiting] Realms of Cthulhu (Savage Worlds)

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Also, if Binder Fred is still wanting to do the Alienist, it broadens the options I would have to play.
Still do, yes. :)

First draft on Reed's sheet:

Agility (1d4)
Smarts (1d8)
Spirit (1d8)
Strength (1d6)
Vigor (1d6)

HINDRANCES
Lame (Major) -2 Pace, d4 running
Cautious (Minor)
Mean (minor) -2 Charisma

EDGES
Rich
Common Bond
Sarcastic (Intimidate +4)

This last one would be a custom job. Basically combines with "Mean" to give him -2 social and +2 Intimidation. What do you think, Yellow Sign?

Still to do : Skills and background links.

Forged Fury

First Post
I was thinking Lady Grey, but she may be a bit of the opposite side of the coin that Binder Fred is working with, she's sugar, he's spice. But both having Common Bond would be kind of entertaining.

So if she's out, I'd probably go with Patch. He's an able fighter, but is more interesting than Edna, in my opinion. Also possibly easier to tie in with the other two characters.

Binder Fred

Skills for Reed:

SKILLS
Interests: Anthropology, Biology, Firearms, The theatre
Perform - Oratory d6 "Smooth diction, rich tones"
Classical languages (Latin, Greek) d6
Intimidation d8
Investigation d8
Knowledge Psychology d8
Fighting d4 "A rap on the knuckles"
Stealth d4 "Stay perfectly still"

What do we do for gear, Yellow Sign? Reed would be interested in owning/renting a house with a small, cramped office, a curio collection, a well stocked library covering his Interests, tailored suits and maybe a membership to an exclusive gentlemen's club or two. :)

Binder Fred

So character connections brainstorming:

- William: Let's go the school-chum route. I think it's 7 years for secondary education in britain,right? So let's say Reed is 29 (I see him as a bit older). Based off "Gambler", could William have organized poker/gambling nights in school? (lots of occasion to get into mischief there. ;)). And/or maybe he's dating Reed's sister? (Or vice versa?)

- Edna: Could change Reeds' interest to "UK art scene" instead of Theatre and he's a client/patron/has come accross her work? Or maybe her father runs a rare books bookstore and they've known each other since he was a gangly teen?

Thoughts/ideas/something else?

Last edited:

GreenKarl

First Post
:) Sure I can totally see William, in his younger days, engaging in some boarder school, late-night gambling. Maybe in the back of the library when he had conned or got a duplicate key from the janitor. Now they would HAVE to have come up a name for their 'Gambling Club'... pondering :)

Forged Fury

First Post
I'm leaning against Edna Crumb. Either going with Lady Grey or Patch. I think Lady Grey could be an art world connection. Patch could be a connection from the school as an instructor. I'm content to being the "third wheel" in the group.

Binder Fred

they would HAVE to have come up a name for their 'Gambling Club'...
The Book Club?

FF: Reed could be a proponent of "women in their places" (writting a few op-eds/letters to the editor) re lady Gray's suffregette leanings. They've met socially before, and argued every time. She asks him out to the theatre for the opening scene to quiet down her parents and as "he's a man she's unlikely to ever find any liking to" and vice versa? (or variations to that effect?)

For Father Sutton, Reed was of age for the last year of the Great War, so maybe a military connection there?

Remove ads