Tatters of the King [Recruiting] Realms of Cthulhu (Savage Worlds)

Forged Fury

First Post
I've put together several options. Having never played the system before, I have no idea how well put together these characters are, so any advice would be helpful. I think the last character would probably be the easiest to connect to the other PCs. He may have served as their instructor at one point in time.

Edna Crumb: Born to a low-class family, Edna had a rough and tumble childhood with little formal education. As a teenager, she obtained a job as a munitions worker during WWI and found she enjoyed working with her hands and the tools that came with the trade. After the war ended, Edna attempted to maintain employment as a tradeswoman, but the returning servicemen eventually pushed her out of her job. She has made a go of it on her own and continued to work odd jobs here and there, frequently selling her services repairing the array of new appliances that came onto the market following the end of the Great War. To supplement her income, Edna also has spent time learning jewelry crafting and sculpture, carving out a space for herself in one of the small London arts scene.
[sblock=Edna Crumb]
Code:
Attributes            Skills
Agility:       D6     Fighting:        D8
Smarts:        D4     Intimidation:    D6
Spirit:        D6     Lockpicking:     D6
Strength:     D10     Repair:          D8
Vigor:         D8     Streetwise:      D6

Charisma:      -2/0 (Lower Class)
Pace:           6”
Parry:          6
Toughness:      6
Sanity:         5
Corruption:     0

Edges           Hindrances          Interests
Berserk         Greedy (Minor)      Electrical Repair
                Illiterate (Minor)  Mechanical Repair
                Low Class (Minor)
                Poverty (Minor)
[/sblock]

Lady Elizabeth Grey: Lady Grey is a young noble woman in her mid-20s. Until the last few years, she had lived a sheltered life on her family's estate in the English countryside, riding horses on hunts and frequently out-shooting her male relatives, much to their chagrin. Realizing that a woman could perform functions typically associated with men equally well, if not better, she grew interested in the suffragette movement. Lady Grey moved to London under the guise of finding an appropriate suitor to marry, but in reality played an important role in the passage of the Equal Franchise Act in July of this year, granting adult women the right to vote. While she makes frequent trips back to the family estate, she plays a cat-and-mouse game with her parents with regards to her marital prospects and never mentions her political activities. While in London, she quickly grew to appreciate the culture, particularly the arts community and has acted as a patron to a few aspiring artists over the years.

[sblock=Lady Grey]
Code:
Agility:       D6     Intimidation:   D6
Smarts:        D6     Persuasion:     D10
Spirit:        D8     Riding:         D6
Strength:      D4     Shooting:       D8
Vigor:         D6     Stealth:        D6

Charisma:       4
Pace:           6”
Parry:          2
Toughness:      5
Sanity:         6
Corruption:     0

Edges           Hindrances          Interests
Charismatic     Obligation (Major)  Culture (Art)
Luck            Overconfident       Etiquette
Noble                               Politics
Rich
[/sblock]

Father Jacob "Patch" Sutton: Father Sutton, or Patch as most know him now, has had a rough time over the last 10 years. Prior to the Great War, Father Sutton served as an Anglican chaplain at a boarding school, holding additional duties as a professor of Religion, Philosophy, and Ethics. Additionally, as a former ABA Champion Boxer in his youth, he was asked to serve as faculty adviser to the boxing club. The priest enjoyed his time at the school, his gruff but jovial manner worked wonders with the young men under his charge. But all of that was before the Great War. As the threat of the Central Powers spread across Europe, Father Sutton was called into service. Like most, he was totally unprepared for the reality of war. The screams of dying men haunted his every moment, waking or asleep. He so often repeated the war time version of the blessing of the dead, that it became a mantra: "Blessed are the dead, who die in the Lord; even so saith the Spirit, for they rest from their labours." In 1917, he was seriously injured in a mortar blast, losing an eye in the process; the silver lining being that he was sent back to England to heal. Returning to the boarding school a changed man, Father Sutton began to drink heavily to deal with his shell shock and memories of the dead, quickly falling to alcoholism. No longer jovial, most of the students avoided him when they could and he was eventually released from his position at the school after one too many incidents of him being drunk during class. Moving to London, Patch took over as the rector of a small church in one of the poorest sections of town. The previous rector had died during the War and the Church had a difficult time finding a replacement. Many of the parishioners had their own flaws and additions, so they appreciated a priest that they felt could understand them. For the last ten years, Patch has eked out an existence, ministering to the poor and downtrodden while having little in the way of faith himself.
[sblock=Father Jacob "Patch" Sutton]
Code:
Agility:    D8        Climbing:        D6
Smarts:     D6        Fighting:        D10
Spirit:     D6        Healing:         D6
Strength:   D6        Investigation:   D8
Vigor:      D8        Swimming:        D6

Charisma:    0
Pace:        6”
Parry:       7
Toughness:   6
Sanity:      5
Corruption:  0

Edges                Hindrances        Interests
Scrapper             Habit (Alcohol)   Language (Latin)
                     One Eye           Philosophy
                                       Religion
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Yellow Sign

Explorer
Well I have waited long enough. It looks like a two player game with GreenKarl and Forged Fury.

I still need one of you to alter one of your characters to be a psychologist. Forged Fury could possible do that with one of his character ideas. What do yall think?

Forged Fury

First Post
Hmm... I think Lady Grey would be the best choice for the psychologist/alienist. Crumb's a thug and Patch is waaaaay too damaged to try to provide therapy to anyone. He's a solid candidate for receiving it though.

She could have studied psychology at whatever University she attended, perhaps attending university was part of her ploy in tricking her family into thinking she was attending with the primary intention in finding a spouse. I think the only issue is mechanics. As built, I think she works better with a larger party, unless we're going to have allies along for the ride besides the two-party system. She'd probably work either way though, to be honest.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
As detailed here, I've just hit an extremely busy and unforseen patch in my non-schedule. I still want to play this though, if I can. Just be warned that writing up my sheet will likely be a slow process (i'll work on it when I can, but I won't get back to "normal" schedule for another 10 days when I get back frim the field). Is that alright, Yellow Sign? Maybe my guy could eventually get in on the fun mid-scene, as it where?

Forged Fury

First Post
I think three players would make the game more fun, so I'd be down for that if we're taking comment.

Also, if Binder Fred is still wanting to do the Alienist, it broadens the options I would have to play.

Remove ads