Tatters of the King [Recruiting] Realms of Cthulhu (Savage Worlds)

Forged Fury

First Post
I think that would work for Lady Grey. Probably who I will go with for the game. I may adjust a few things as I am not sure if having two characters with Common Bond is worth it. I'll review my options and settle on something.

Last edited:

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
BroadwayColey16.jpg

What do you guys think about this for Reed? It tickled my fancy soon as I saw it. :) Half-tempted to actually give him a pet monkey.

I'm thinking we're about ready to begin, [MENTION=5619]Yellow Sign[/MENTION]?

Forged Fury

First Post
Oh, I was thinking Reed was the monkey. :D

I think a monkey would be awesome. Maybe he spent some time in Mediterranean Africa or something?

Forged Fury

First Post
Lady Elizabeth Grey

Lady Grey.jpg

Lady Elizabeth Grey: Lady Grey is a young noble woman in her mid-20s. Until the last few years, she had lived a sheltered life on her family's estate in the English countryside, riding horses on hunts and frequently out-shooting her male relatives, much to their chagrin. Realizing that a woman could perform functions typically associated with men equally well, if not better, she grew interested in the suffragette movement. Lady Grey moved to London under the guise of finding an appropriate suitor to marry, but in reality played an important role in the passage of the Equal Franchise Act in July of this year, granting adult women the right to vote. While she makes frequent trips back to the family estate, she plays a cat-and-mouse game with her parents with regards to her marital prospects and never mentions her political activities. While in London, she quickly grew to appreciate the culture, particularly the arts community and has acted as a patron to a few aspiring artists over the years.

[sblock=Lady Grey]
Code:
Attributes            Skills
Agility:       D6     Intimidation:   D6
Smarts:        D6     Persuasion:     D10
Spirit:        D8     Riding:         D6
Strength:      D4     Shooting:       D8
Vigor:         D6     Stealth:        D6

Charisma:       4
Pace:           6”
Parry:          2
Toughness:      5
Sanity:         6
Corruption:     0

Edges           Hindrances          Interests
Charismatic     Obligation (Major)  Culture (Art)
Luck            Overconfident       Etiquette
Noble                               Politics
Rich
[/sblock]

Forged Fury

First Post
I'm not sure what kind of luck we would have, but I guess it doesn't hurt to ask. Last activity is nearly two weeks ago for Yellow Sign.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Reed

BroadwayColey16.jpg

Male, 29 y/o

Posting him all in one spot:

Concept
Reed - just 'Reed' - a dry man in his late twenties with few social graces and an unhealthy fascination with the macabre and dead things in particular (interests in biology, primitive scarring/body modification rituals and collecting black-powder pistols and guns). Intense dark eyes that stare out the print and straight at you. Smirks and sneers more than smiles. Wields a (tasteful) crystal-pommeled cane when going out, the only flashy thing about him. Well, that and his house/pet monkey.

Perhaps not surprisingly, this man Reed is an alienist by trade, studying all that went wrong with the human psyche. Not one for couches or warm talks, he tends to intensely, silently observes, reasons it out and then takes actions. His contribution to the fiekd has thefore been mostly in theorethical paradign shaping and as an expert consult on difficult cases rather than as primary care giver. Maybe he holds an administrative/Board of governors position at a local asylum for some practical experience?

A Renaissance Man overall, with a variety of interests and (a very few) publications in each of his fields (biology, macabre anthropology and, of course, psychology). He is part of the low aristocracy (or perhaps a legacy (royalties from an uncle's invention/litterary work)), explaining why has the time and ressources to do so.

Character links
He and William went to the boarding school together, Saint Sofia's. There he somehow got embroiled, then part of "The Book Club", William's gambling and general mischief club with its secret base in the school library after hours.

Reed is a general proponent of "women in their places" (going so far as to write a few op-eds/letters to the editor). He and Lady Grey have met socially before, and argued every time. To his shock, SHE, a woman, asked HIM out to the theatre one day, to quiet down her parents "worry" and as "he's a man she's unlikely to ever find any liking to" and vice versa. Imagine his expression.

[sblock=Stats]Agility (1d4)
Smarts (1d8)
Spirit (1d8)
Strength (1d6)
Vigor (1d6)

HINDRANCES
Lame (Major) -2 Pace, d4 running
Cautious (Minor)
Mean (minor) -2 Charisma

EDGES
Rich
Common Bond
Sarcastic (Intimidate +4)

This last one would be a custom job. Basically combines with "Mean" to give him -2 social and +2 Intimidation. What do you think, Yellow Sign?

SKILLS
Interests: Anthropology, Biology, Firearms, The theatre
Perform - Oratory d6 "Smooth diction, rich tones"
Classical languages (Latin, Greek) d6
Intimidation d8
Investigation d8
Knowledge Psychology d8
Fighting d4 "A rap on the knuckles"
Stealth d4 "Stay perfectly still"

For gear, Reed would be mostly interested in owning/renting a house with a small, cramped office, a curio collection, a well stocked library covering his Interests, tailored suits and maybe a membership to an exclusive gentlemen's club or two. Is any of that possible?[/sblock]

Remove ads