• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tatters of the King [Recruiting] Realms of Cthulhu (Savage Worlds)

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
The idea of the alienist is growing on me. I see Reed as one who intensely observes, reasons it out and then takes actions rather than a 'face'/therapist type, so his contribution would likely be in theorethical paradign shaping and as an expert consult on difficult cases rather than as primary care giver? Maybe an administrative/Board of governors position at a local asylum for some practical experience?

I'm thinking Renaisance Man overall, with a variety of interests and (a very few) publications in each of his fields (biology, macabre anthropology and, of course, psychology). Low aristocracy or legacy (royalties from an uncle's invention/litterary work) to explain why he has the time and ressources to do so?

Binder Fred

What do you think about a closer connection between our two PCs, GreenKarl? Brothers/old school chums/lovers/something else maybe?

GreenKarl

First Post
I am totally down with being related somehow. Let me drag out my Realm of Cthulhu book tonight and start figuring out a character. I am well verses with Savage Worlds though I just don't want to over look any Edges that might come in handy :)

Base idea was a Rookie cop in whatever city we are playing in. Only on for a year. Had always been into music and Jazz and not really interested in being a cop. Saw a lot of corrupt on the force and got really disillusioned with it all and left the force to take up Jazz music full time.

Binder Fred

Milestones in Jazz history: https://www.apassion4jazz.net/milestones.html

If the other more out-there options don't call to you, GK, I'm thinking 'old boarding school chums' would be the one that attracts me most right now. Doesn't have to be 'chums' either: could be rivals (for a girl?), senior/junior mentorship, member of the same club/sports team?

Never played Savage World myself, although I do have Savage World Deluxe.

Anything specific we should know about re the setting or char gen, Yellow Sign? (you mentionned pre-gens and I'm guessing sanity plays a role somewhere in there :))

Remove ads