• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Tavern) City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn I

Status
Not open for further replies.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Grak
"You not like Grak's singing? Bah. City folk silly not to listen to mighty song of Grak. Grak drink beer, go practice with axe outside later."

"Are you calling me city folk?" Troi asks, raising an eyebrow. "I have a feeling I know more about the woods than you do, my friend."

"And I've listened to your 'songs', if that's what you want to call them. I think liking them is a matter of taste, not how you were brought up... and my tastes run towards... other forms of entertainment."

"If you want to practice with your axe, I could always use a little time with my whip. We could go at it with each other, if you'd like." As he talks about using the whip, he rubs his left shoulder absentmindedly.

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
Graks stares at him for a moment, forehead furrowed in the unnusual act of thinking.

"You not city folk," he pronounces eventually. "You wild...person. Me happy to go practice with you, but we want to know if you mind getting hit with axe. Grak sometimes forget difference between practice and real thing, get mad, smash stuff."

He drains his mug of beer again.

"Me still owe chief of clan a tent."

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Grak
"You not city folk, you wild...person. Me happy to go practice with you, but we want to know if you mind getting hit with axe. Grak sometimes forget difference between practice and real thing, get mad, smash stuff."

"Well, I think our friend here - the other 'wild person' sitting next to me - could help out if you break me in half." Troi smiles. "Of course, you'll have to not mind getting stung with my whip."

"Out of curiosity... do you wear armor, Grak?"

"Me still owe chief of clan a tent."

"Ahuh." Troi says. "Well. Crap happens, I suppose."

As the tavern is quickly picking up buisness for the night, the door to the back swings open and anyone looking sees the top of a bald head just breach the countertop. Slowly a tiny gnome wearing an apron climbs up onto the bar now "towering" over the tavern.

"Seems buisness be starten early tonight Joe" Tiggle says through a very squeeky high piched voice. "Wish you warned me sooner I could have had some drinks summoned up. And a lot of drinks it will have to be. I got yer keg in the back Grak just got in from the Norwal clan. But remember you promised us last time that you would drink it a glass at a time and not bash your whole head into the keg....quite a mess that one caused."

The small gnome jumps down and ducks under the bar, returning a second later with a foaming mug of ale that he slides over to to the end of the bar near Grak. "Alright, ladies and gentlemen Tiggle the bargnome is at your service I can brew anything you ask, and if I don't have it here Ill just make it up as I go. So sit back relax and enjoy your evening."

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
"Hey, Tiggle," Troi says, looking in the gnome's direction. "Hmm... I don't want one right now, but can you make me another one of those blue things from a few nights ago? You know, that stuff I drank that actually let me get some sleep while Grak was singing? I might need another tonight..."

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
GnomeWorks said:

"Well, I think our friend here - the other 'wild person' sitting next to me - could help out if you break me in half." Troi smiles. "Of course, you'll have to not mind getting stung with my whip."

"Out of curiosity... do you wear armor, Grak?"

"Grak has suit of scale mail to wear in battle. Grak take it from stupid man that tried to rob him on way to Tavern." Grak drains another tankard.

"Ahuh." Troi says. "Well. Crap happens, I suppose."

"Yeah. Chief not happy. That why Grak in Tavern looking for money, get Chief nice tent to live in." Hearing the voice of the gnome, Grak sighs loudly. Anyone sitting near him leans away reflexively. "Yes, Grak promise drink slowly this time in way of funny Southern people. Me will not smash head into barrel in proper way."

He bends down, sorts out his bootlaces and motions Troi to come with him. "You want practice then? Grak practice against whip, even take armour off if you like. Grak promise to only hit funny man with flat of blade, too...Grak not want to hurt funny man really."

He throws his head back and laughs as loudly as only a slightly tipsy Half-Orc can. "Grak not want to cut man in half! Him have to pay to repair clothes! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!"

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Grak
"Grak has suit of scale mail to wear in battle. Grak take it from stupid man that tried to rob him on way to Tavern."

"...I see." Troi says, nodding.

"Yeah. Chief not happy. That why Grak in Tavern looking for money, get Chief nice tent to live in."

"In that case, you might want to talk to..." Troi points out Felix, "that guy, there. He's rounding up people, and looking for a job, or something. When he finds somethin', me and him are gonna work on it together... you could probably come along, too."

"Yes, Grak promise drink slowly this time in way of funny Southern people. Me will not smash head into barrel in proper way."

"Yeah... because smashing your head into kegs is the proper way to drink." Troi says, sighing.

"You want practice then? Grak practice against whip, even take armour off if you like. Grak promise to only hit funny man with flat of blade, too...Grak not want to hurt funny man really."

"Now is as good a time as any, I suppose." Troi says, rising. He takes his whip off his belt, and begins uncoiling it slightly. "Let's uh... head outside. And hitting me with the flat of your blade would be appreciated, yes... I'll try to go easy on ya."

"Grak not want to cut man in half! Him have to pay to repair clothes! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!"

Troi simply looks at Grak with a look of disbelief. "I think that ale is starting to get to you. Well, come on, we should do this before you're so drunk you can't sing crooked anymore."

With that, he heads to the door.

WizWrm

First Post
Velbrik glances out from the barstool where he had been sitting. He mutters to himself in a voice that, despite the words it spills forth, nevertheless holds a pleasant, musical sound to it, "Excellent. Drunks, blowhards, fools, con-men, and sellswords. Just like the old man told me."

Velbrik pulls back his hood to reveal a fair-skinned face and black hair which, in the flickering of the fireplace, holds a hint of very dark green. A miniscule and barely-noticeable birthmark of indefinite shape sits at the back of his jaw, under the right ear. Velbrik is wearing a grey robe over what is obviously heavy leather armor, and a well-stuffed backpack sits propped against his chair, while a longsword, still in its sheath, has been set on the bar to allow him to sit comfortably.

Velbrik addresses himself to Troi and Grak, "Come now, gentlemen. Fighting so soon after just meeting, whether a practice it may be or not, seems ill-advised and speaks of poor manners. More importantly, the good barkeep might not appreciate it - consider how business might be affected when travelers come upon a pair of bloodstained, sword-wielding ruffians beating on each other in front of the door. Not exactly conducive to good business, eh?"

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Velbrik
"Come now, gentlemen. Fighting so soon after just meeting, whether a practice it may be or not, seems ill-advised and speaks of poor manners. More importantly, the good barkeep might not appreciate it - consider how business might be affected when travelers come upon a pair of bloodstained, sword-wielding ruffians beating on each other in front of the door. Not exactly conducive to good business, eh?"

"I'm assuming you're addressing Grak and I." Troi says, without turning. He then turns, slowly, to face the speaker.

"And actually, we have seen each other here in the tavern since Grak got here a week ago. I was the one who checked up on him, in fact. We've talked ocassionally. I'd like to say that I am a friend of his, and barring that, I at least know him."

"As for what 'speaks of poor manners'... well, I can think of a few other things that are poor manners, as well, where I come from. Besides, this is the Red Dragon... chances are anybody who comes here isn't going to be bothered by a couple a guys practicing outside... even if one is a half-drunken half-orc. And Joe would probably approve - it keeps Grak out of the ale, at least for a little while."

Troi leisurely coils his whip back up, and replaces it in its place on his belt. "Though I'll admit that you may be right - it might not be good for business. But then again, neither is barging into a conversation unasked."

"EEEPP, oh no Joe's gonna be mighty upset if one of you dies on my watch, he has a thing for losing his good customers. You two take it easy and I'll have your drinks ready when you come back in. I think you may be needen somthing a bit stronger than my Shoeless Sleepin Halfling after Grak is done with you. No offense, the guy just does not know his own strength." Tiggle rings a wash rag inbeteen his hands his face clearly nervous. He then begins to mix up a blue drink but stops midway through and grabs a well stocked healing kit instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads