• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Tavern) City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Bron looks down to the Gnome, while not looking down at her and smiles 'I am sorry,Lass, of course yer council might be useful too, let us talk more privately in Joe's back room then, the Ale's on me.'

Arken

Explorer
Thels said:
OOC: Arken> The idea about LEW is that you're constantly involved with other characters. Doing your best to try and get the group together might work against that. Of course it might be in the nature of your character, but don't get surprised if others don't have the same feelings to keep the group together.

The door opens, allowing for Zoe to enter the inn. Dressed in a simple white cloth, which, with the light coming through the door, gives away quite much from her wellproportionated silhouette, and her hair bound back in a ponytail, she smiles as she walks in. "Hi, Zoe Clearwater, paladin of Hyrag, wishes good luck to all of you."

Looking through the room, she becomes a little startled. Hmm... No Joe, no Tiggle, and two men drawing attention. What's going on? "Uhmm, did I miss anything?"

ooc/ Oh I absolutely understand, it's just it *is* in character, Felix is a bit of a networker. Many people would want to leave but Felix isn't going to be the one to push them away especially when it seemed part of an extended story arc. I'm jumping into that because I'm interested but you needn't. I only left the message to facilitate any in character problems with continuing with the same group if anyone wanted to. Furthermore there wasn't anyone actually in the tavern at the time to interact with 'new characters' wise beyond the ones I've invited into a room to talk about events, I'm sure if they aren't interested in the story arc or the group they'll say so and leave just as you are and possibly Troi and Velbrik :)/ooc

Felix sympathetically pats Joe's shoulder in sympathy.

"Come now, you saw how the entire bar didn't take kindly to the big lugs in the armour. There's always going to be adventurous sorts like us around this place..."

Uriel said:
Bron Bekkle sizes up this newcomer (Felix) then nods, saying 'Aye, I kin talk wi'ye, what of ye others, friends Telerin,Aranel?'

Telerin nodded, "C'mon, Whitefang..." he motioned for the wolf and looked over the two men again. This was just wonderful...without saying anything else, he waited for Aranel, standing up and refusing to put his back to those men.

Aranel

First Post
Slowly Aranel relaxed her grip on 'Surprise' and got up and stretched, gave the others around her a smile. Those two idiots in the middle of the inn were making her nervous.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Felix
"Troi, Velbrik, I am fully aware you had your own business to deal with however this may be important, would you be obliging enough to perhaps cede some of your time towards this pursuit? The least you could do is discover what is going on..."

"Alright." Troi says, nodding. "I'll help ya look inta it. Those orc-things were kinda strange, and I'd like to find out where they're comin' from..."

He looks to the two knights. He narrows his eyes at them, but says nothing.

With that, he follows Felix and the others to the back room.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
When Telerin (with Whiefang) and Aranel (I think she came with) are gathered in the quieter back room ,along with the newcomers, Bron Bekkle locks the door and turns to the assembled young folk.
The old Tracker looks weary, having spent the better part of the last few days deaing with helping the family of his dead friend cope with that man's death.After a moment and a long sigh, he moves to the table occupying the center of the room and pulls a small pouch from his satchel, opening it and setting several items upon the table.
First is a necklace that by now (except to Kirin) is recognizable as that worn by the followers of Kroggoth, the Feral Beast-God.
Second is a silver ring set with a tiny oak-leaf of gold, it's surface stained with dried blood.
Lastly is a human hand, severed at the wrist...

Bron Bekkle speaks up 'Some of you here 'ave dealt with these debased Monster-Worshippers in the last few days, horrid beasts what kills and slaughters anything they kin catch...I hear stories of Orcs turned to snarlin' beasts, claws like daggers. Then there wuz them Ogres we slayed, Telerin,Aranel and others, brave Whitefang there. And now...'
Bron breaks off for a moment and steels himself,continuing 'Yesterday I came across a scene in the Woods, South and West of here. There wuz blood eveywhere and a trap what'd been sprung. Thet hand there...when I found it caught in the Trap, looking like it wuz gnawed off, it wasn't the hand of a Man, I tell ye...it wuz like a great Clawes thing, and the Ring I found nearby. Thet ring belonged to Rollo Aldermain, a Ranger Friend of mine, a fellow Walker of the Woods, keeping an eye out fer Ormfene(*) and such.
Near as I kin tell, Rollo came across the Beast caught in his trap and then somehow it slayed him. there wuz very litle left of my friend. He had been looted as well, except fer this Ring, which had been left on whut remained of his left hand, as if the thing didn't want to touch the silver. This talisman was brought in by a Roadwarden, found near another attack-site, this time a troupe o'Halfling Carnival Performers headed here from the Southlands. The little fellers were nowhere in evidence, tho a heap lotta blood wuz. I swear thet hand wasn't human...

Bron sips water from a tin cup on the table and rsumes'These here Kroggothites are becoming bolder and attacking more ofen over the last week. A few nights ago a farmer comes into a Warden station, tells of a horrible din coming from the Monestary South and West of here. Like a battle wuz takin' place, He didn;t have the stomach to get a closer look, so he high-tailed it to the authorities. Nobody has gone out there since, though I'm askin fer a group of Folks to do so now.'

Bron Bekkle looks from face to face for any signs of your emotions or of what you think regarding what he has told you up to this point.

WhatKu

First Post
Fingering the signet on his finger, Thale appears taken aback. "I wasnt with the others when they fought these.... creatures. However, if you wish me to go on this journey, I will. I stopped at the monastery on my way here, and they were kind to me. I wish to return the favor. I fear im not as experianced as some of the others however."

WizWrm

First Post
"Indeed. Perhaps the full tale has yet to find you you, but - several of us just returned from the Vingarius mansion," says Velbrik. He pulls out the talon fetish and twirls in briefly before putting it back.

"It had fallen under attack by creatures like those you describe; bloodthirsty orcs, a pair of demonic wolves, and - we think - a werewolf, which escaped. Their motives were entirely unclear. We did, however, find a map, which pointed toward the Monastery of Saint Feragon - the monastery of which you speak - and the tower of a wizard named Delmon, as targets for attack."

"What you speak of is terrible, and I would like to lend my aid. Since there are so many of us here*, perhaps it might be worthwhile to split into two groups; one could investigate the tower, and one might head towards the monastery. However, it may be that it is too late to save the tower; we saw hints that it might already be under attack.."

"There is also the momentary problem of those gentlemen outside, in the common room. It would be most unfortunate to return here to find someone we know injured over those...er, cultists'...search."

*OOC: correct?

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads