• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Tavern) City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Haggerty

First Post
Jack Haggerty said:
Background: He'd grown up amongst a troupe of traveling halfling gypsies, until he became lost while 'foraging'. Only recently has he wandered his way into the Red Dragon Inn.

Jack Haggerty said:
Climbing up on a barstool amongst the other patrons, he orders up a pint and asks Joe, "You haven't seen my caravan since we came through last season, have you? I seem to have misplaced them." Jack shrugs at Joe's customary silence. "No matter. They'll turn up sooner or later."

Uriel said:
"...This talisman was brought in by a Roadwarden, found near another attack-site, this time a troupe o'Halfling Carnival Performers headed here from the Southlands. The little fellers were nowhere in evidence, tho a heap lotta blood wuz..."

OOC: :eek:

Telerin nodded with a sigh. After Bron was finished, he leaned against the wall and patted Whitefang's head, "So it isn't over as easily as I'd hoped. Whitefang and I will most definatly join in any hunt of these...creatures," he glanced to the Elven woman, "And I believe my friend here will come along...but the matter at hand, is most definatly those two men."
Telerin glanced to the others in the room, "I am not below harming them if it must be done, but I would expect there is another way to calm them."

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Troi is silent for a moment, contemplating what has been said.

"It would seem ta me... that these critters aren't gonna go away on their own, then." He says slowly. "An' they're causin' problems... an' I really don't like 'em. I'll help y'all out, if I can. I dunno if I like Velbrik's idea a splittin' up, as that didn't do too well fer us back at the vinyard... but I'll go with whatever plan we come up with."

"Oh, and as fer those nice guys in the common room... if they're still there when I leave, I'll deal with 'em. I don't particularly like 'em, and they're causin' problems..."

Last edited:

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
WizWrm said:
"Indeed. Perhaps the full tale has yet to find you you, but - several of us just returned from the Vingarius mansion," says Velbrik. He pulls out the talon fetish and twirls in briefly before putting it back.

"It had fallen under attack by creatures like those you describe; bloodthirsty orcs, a pair of demonic wolves, and - we think - a werewolf, which escaped. Their motives were entirely unclear. We did, however, find a map, which pointed toward the Monastery of Saint Feragon - the monastery of which you speak - and the tower of a wizard named Delmon, as targets for attack."

"What you speak of is terrible, and I would like to lend my aid. Since there are so many of us here*, perhaps it might be worthwhile to split into two groups; one could investigate the tower, and one might head towards the monastery. However, it may be that it is too late to save the tower; we saw hints that it might already be under attack.."

"There is also the momentary problem of those gentlemen outside, in the common room. It would be most unfortunate to return here to find someone we know injured over those...er, cultists'...search."

*OOC: correct?
OoC:You did indeed see signs/hear of the Wizard's Tower being destroyed. That may or may not be the case, however...I think that there are 7 or so...
I can do seven, though a few less moves quite a bit faster. Seven would bring more firepower to the table, however.

Thels

First Post
Zoe orders a glass of wine as she sits down at a table, looking at the 2 men, wondering what's going on and where everyone is. She takes a little time to concentrate on a Detect Evil.

OOC: Uhm, so who are still in the common room?

Arken

Explorer
Uriel said:
OoC:You did indeed see signs/hear of the Wizard's Tower being destroyed. That may or may not be the case, however...I think that there are 7 or so...
I can do seven, though a few less moves quite a bit faster. Seven would bring more firepower to the table, however.

[rollbock] In theory I didn't stop talking to poor old Joe but let's say that I entered the meeting along with everyone else :) [rollback]

ooc/ Is it right that we have Me (felix), Troi, Velbrik, Thale, Kirin, Telerin and Aranel? /ooc

"Very well then, so I think we are agreed that it may be better for us to stick together considering that these creaures are so ferocious, furthermore the fact that this appears to be a co-ordinated or at least widespread attack we cannot know if there is a greater force behind it. I suggest that we head out soon or we may find yet another slaughter ground, however there are probably one or two things that need to bought or otherwise organised before we leave."

He turns to Kirin and Thale.

"Now I understand that you have perhaps no prior involvment in this affair, If you had any questions I would of course be happy to answer them if I am capable"

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Thurgan, the dwarven smith, had just finished speaking with Master Drewer, his former master at the nearby forge, and settled some issues - some, not all. Thurgan was tall for a dwarf, and powerfully built. His long brown hair was braided as was his thick beard. He wore studded leather and had the definite signs of just coming off the road. What he needed right now was a place to stay, some friends to hang with, and a powerful drink - though not exactly in that order . . .

Thurgan stepped through the back door of the tavern, closing the door quietly behind. His eyes widened as he looked into the tavern, and thought 'Who in tarnation are those lugs?'

Thurgan steeled himself and headed toward the bar, Thurgan’s deep voice boomed out, “Hey, Joe! It’s just Thurgan here. Dwarven smith in need of a smithy . . . a place to stay . . . and some brew, the brew first, though.”

He then looked for his former traveling companions, but keep an eye on the two armored? visitors.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads