• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Tavern) City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scorpio

First Post
"No, no blade, and certainly no spells...just a little guile, and this..."
D'Artagnon reaches below his tunic and holds up his coiled whip.

neoweasel

First Post
Scorpio said:
"No, no blade, and certainly no spells...just a little guile, and this..."
D'Artagnon reaches below his tunic and holds up his coiled whip.
"I AM impressed, then. I'd have thought somthing like that'd do little more than tickle a giant. My preference is to stand behind a line of folks with shields and strike folks from a range where they can't rightly hit me back.One of the worst moments I had was when a bunch of barbarians we were fighting broke through the shield wall directly in front of me. The company cept form, though. Backed up a step, swept their legs out from under them and hit 'em when they fell. Hit 'em as they got back up, too. Fortunately, I had my sword by my side, too. If it'd become necessary, I could have whipped that out, quick as a snap, and gone to work that way. I hate sword work, though. Puts you in to close for my comfort, it does."

Scorpio

First Post
Yes, I prefer to handle denizens from a distance as well. But humans? That's a little different. Them I prefer face-to-face! A matter of reputation!
And yes, Sidewinder here...",
He holds up the whip,
"...did tickle that oaf...tickled his throat!"

neoweasel

First Post
"See, that's a matter of preference. I don't care much about my reputation, except as a professional. I do the job, I do it right, and I leave. I don't get paid to get hurt. I get paid to hurt other people or to protect someone. That's all that matters."

Scorpio

First Post
"That's one way of looking at it, my friend.
However, I was in the military for five long years, and was often paid to hurt men for no other reason than they were paid to hurt me...all so that a rich man would get richer. That is a poor reputation. So nowadays, I tend to choose my altercations, and then, see them through with honor and respect- but always with my reputation in mind..."

Ruined

Explorer
Kristoff adjusted the baldric across his chest as he entered the Red Dragon Inn. He had been walking for a good portion of the day, and was ready to sit in comfort for a while. A room, a bath, a warm meal - all sounded appealing to him, yet he needed to look ahead at the days to come. He was down to his last few coins, so he needed to seek employment soon.

“Greetings, barkeep. An ale would do me wonders.” Kristoff smiled and set a silver coin spinning on top of the bar. As he waited for the mug to be served up, he looked about the room at patrons and the décor.

“I hear there are jobs posted for those willing. Per chance some where a bit of risk increases the pay?”

neoweasel

First Post
Gurian waves at the newcomer. "Welcome! Come on over and sit with D'artagnon and myself and we can tell each other lies until we're drunk enough to believe our own!"

Scorpio

First Post
"Yes, join us. I will make sure the spirits flow all night. Joe, another round for three here, my good sir!"

Ruined

Explorer
Kristoff smiled at the pair of gentlemen as he grabbed his mug and walked over to their table.

"I can ill afford a full night of carousing, but I’d be glad to share a few drinks with you." He set his mug down and extended a hand in greeting. "I am Kristoff Marne. A pleasure to meet you both."

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads