Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
A short, mud-smeared, female elf enters the room. She's wearing a drab green tunic with a disproportionately long bow slung over her back. She quietly orders a drink and sits down in an out-of-the-way corner.

Mikara.jpg

[sblock=OOC:] Image lifted from nightlyre.com [/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
Out of the back room emerges a tall shifter in mottled grey robes streaked in dark red and brown. A wet red patch on one shoulder. Brandishing a holy symbol of Death, the shaggy cleric approaches his fellows.
Any work in His name, taking a knee Kamotz continues, Kamotz, Cler'k of Death, my scythe at your service.

The cleric stands and pulls out some paperwork, preparing to take notes on his possible orders.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Kamotz's pagentry makes Mikara rolls her eyes as she stares into her ale.

He goes on like he's the one that killed Dennis.

[sblock=OOC:] To understand the Dennis reference, see 'Dude, where's my ring' pages 13 and following [/sblock]

KenHood

First Post
"Hellooooooooo!" says Tonk, poking the priest nearest him.

He waves his hand in front of the priest's face. He frowns.

"Is crazy! And RUDE! I am here and try to talk, but he ignore me! What is wrong with people?! Is second time this happen in this place!"

He gets up from his stool.

"I hope you have bad day!" he tells the priest.

Then, he leaves the bar.

CaBaNa

First Post
You, who pokes, hey, HEY, Kamotz reaches out for Tonk, trying to grab him before he can exit. You can't just yell at someone's face and expect a response, they await a crowd large enough to address, I'd call you savage, but that would reflect poorly on me. Kamotz glances left and right, seeing Vrrsk't and Mikara in the room still, he feels a bit more comfortable challenging the excitable brute.

skotothalamos

formerly roadtoad
Vrrsk't approaches the priest who is not being orc-poked and says, "I'm interested in finding out more about the task for which you are hiring. I have traveled with a follower of Lauto before," indicating Kamotz with a wave of his hand, "and am interested in finding out more about your temple."

He then waits patiently, though he keeps one eye on the potential shifter/orc confrontation...

ukingsken

First Post
Yes yes yes, fine fine fine. Lets stop with the shouting and commence with the talking so that I can go back to enjoying my drink.

The priest who posted yon bill *gestures to the side* is experienceing a lack of help from the faith and is contracting out as it were. You would be required to go and terminate a rogue member of the clergy with some rather unbecoming plans in mind. There will likely be danger, and pain involved, but you'll be compensated. Also there is a bonus to be paid if you retrieve some stolen property. Beyond that I didn't care to stikck around long enough to listen to old bone britches yammer any longer. If you have any questions ask them now before I resume my drinking.

Brain

First Post
Yes yes yes, fine fine fine. Lets stop with the shouting and commence with the talking so that I can go back to enjoying my drink.

The priest who posted yon bill *gestures to the side* is experiencing a lack of help from the faith and is contracting out as it were. You would be required to go and terminate a rogue member of the clergy with some rather unbecoming plans in mind. There will likely be danger, and pain involved, but you'll be compensated. Also there is a bonus to be paid if you retrieve some stolen property. Beyond that I didn't care to stick around long enough to listen to old bone britches yammer any longer. If you have any questions ask them now before I resume my drinking.

"My name is Vixo, and I'd be happy to help with the problems at hand."

skotothalamos

formerly roadtoad
You would be required to go and terminate a rogue member of the clergy with some rather unbecoming plans in mind.
. . .
Also there is a bonus to be paid if you retrieve some stolen property.

"What is the nature of these 'unbecoming' plans? And we (indicating Kamotz again) have some experience successfully recovering stolen property. Will you be doing the hiring, or should we contact someone at the temple?"

Remove ads