• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

KenHood

First Post
"Ah, is expression. I understand. Is..."

Suddenly, Tonk gets very agitated.

In a rush, he rips the head and spine off the roasted pig. Then, he runs for the door.

"Is job! Is job! Must get there before anyone take!"

Once in the street, he looks about in dismay and roars in frustration. Unfortunately, at this moment, a merchant happens to walk by Tonk. The half-orc grabs him by the collar of his coat and hauls him off the ground. "Where is temple?! WHERE IS TEMPLE?!"

The man screams in terror and soils himself, but manages to give appropriate directions.

Tonk puts him back on the ground and pats him on the shoulder.

"Thank you! You is good to help!"

Then, the half-orc races down the street at a madcap pace, leaping over and ducking under obstacles. Those he cannot avoid, he barrels through--with affusive apologies.

renau1g

First Post
Dextyr states and then walks over to Tristan and Blade. [/COLOR]"So what do you think - should we go see this Bishop Klongg?" Dextyr looks around and motions to Dagn't "You interested? We could use your shocking personality.."

[sblock=OOC] WOOT! an adventrue. So is this seriously an adventure for Dextyr and 4 strikers? [/sblock]

Blade will actually chuckle somewhat at the half-orcs antics, more of a bemused laugh than an entertained one. At the thought of work for a church, Blade is initially hesitant "Would Maros approve?", but then considers it will inevitably lead to armed conflict and perhaps he can prove his deity's superiority to both the other church and Tristan.

"I am in" Blade says simply, finishing his glass of milk, wiping the small white mustache that appears, and leaves a few coins on the table. The deva stands and will silently await the others at the front door.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Just so we're all clear, a clarification (I'm a judge, I know these things ;))

Ukingsken has opened recruiting for his new adventure, the second iteration of the "Long Arm of Lauto" series.

Entirely separate from this (as far as adventures/games/DMs/whatever) is JNC's "Can Dextyr Keep All These Strikers Alive?"

So, there is two adventures recruiting now. One looking for a traditional party, and one (JNC's) looking for one leader and as many strikers as possible.[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Tristan suddenly looks very solemn; something he hasn't showed yet in the tavern. Barely audible, Tristan mutters, "And so the breeze blows."

Reverting back to his smirkish grin, he moves to stand at the door as well and nods at Blade. "Who do you think will join us, purple one?"
[sblock=OOC]In case that's not clear, Tristan is in as well. By my count, that gives us:

Leader: Dextyr
Striker: Tonk
Striker: Blade
Striker: Tristan
Striker: ??

I think stonegod is waiting to see if he can join the MMC with Dang't, so he's probably out. That leaves Vixo, if he decides he can tolerate Blade, and other than that I'm not sure if there's any other strikers in the tavern. Edit: well, 7 Rabbit is a striker too, but he can't come because Joe can't play in an adventure he's DMing ;)[/sblock]

Last edited:

KenHood

First Post
[sblock=One thing that troubles me...]Our leader happens to be named after a serial killer.

Tonk doesn't want to wake up wrapped in plastic, awaiting sacrifice to a Dark Partner.

Maybe the actual meaning of the title of the adventure is "Can Dextyr resist his impulses to murder the strikers?"

Hmm.[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
I think industrygothica is waiting to see if he can join the MMC with Dang't, so he's probably out.
<puffed-up>Sir, I take umbrage and the misnaming of my personage! Do not confuse his/her avatar with a creepy eye with my avatar with the creepy eye!</puffed-up> ;)

Dang't's mine.

DMDanW

First Post
[sblock=OOC]

One thing that troubles me...Our leader happens to be named after a serial killer.

Tonk doesn't want to wake up wrapped in plastic, awaiting sacrifice to a Dark Partner.

Maybe the actual meaning of the title of the adventure is "Can Dextyr resist his impulses to murder the strikers?"

Hmm.

Well that depends...when Dex runs out of healing abilities and a striker dies, is that the same as murder, or is it just coincedental manslaughter?

And Tonk no worries, you can check Dextyrs equipment list - no jumbo rolls of plastic wrap and black garbage bags....

[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Sorry, stonegod! IG is in A Problem of Nobility with Raiyek (my first char), which is probably why I got confused. I fixed it now :)

On Dextyr: he does have sharp metal instruments though ... ;)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads