• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

ukingsken

First Post
Two young human men walk into the hanged man already deep in conversation.
... And the overpriest stormed off complaining that my death price had just doubled!! Doubled, why I can't believe Lauto would do that to an acolyte just for refusing to chase some heretic into the sewer! We all know Lauto appreciates a life well lived!!

with that said the man gestures for ales and his companion leans in conspiratorily.

I figure he's just mad about having to post another bill. He hates giving money to anyone. Why I bet Lauto himself will hve to pry his death price from his cold dead hands. Besides, serves him right! I hope no one replies to the bill and he has to answer to the highpriest.

As if an afterthought the second man stands and pins a note to the board.

[sblock=Note] Once again Lauto seeks the service of any and all capable hands in the resolution of church business. Any interested parties may inquire with an acolyte of the church for further info.[/sblock]

JoeNotCharles

First Post
The first man squints at the note and says, "Hang on, we missed something." He pulls out a piece of charcoal and scrawls an addition to the note:

[sblock=Addendum]
SEVERAL OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE. STRIKERS AND HALF-ELVES NAMED D... ASK FOR BISHOP KLONGG.
[/sblock]

DMDanW

First Post
SEVERAL OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE. STRIKERS AND HALF-ELVES NAMED D... ASK FOR BISHOP KLONGG.

As soon as the 2 men leave Dextyr hops off his stool and quickly moves over to the newly posted job opportunity. Reading it over he calls to the others "Tristan, Blade, Tonk...looks like this job has own names written all over it. What do you think"? and then hands the paper over to them.

skotothalamos

formerly roadtoad
And then a paladin walks into the bar...

A hulking dragonborn with reddish scales (fading to yellow at the tips) pushes the door open forcefully. His shining plate armor is marred by signs of travel, and what may be some fresh blood spatter. He takes one look at the proceedings in the common area of the Hanged Man, growls something unintelligible under his breath, and confidently cuts a path to the back room, where he and his group seem to be finishing up some business.

[sblock=OOC]
"Dude, Where's My Ring" is just about done, and Vrrsk't is ready for more action, if anyone needs a defender.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

KenHood

First Post
Tonk peers closely at 7 Rabbit. Then, he gives him a tentative poke.

"I think little feather-head dwarf is dead. He say nothing, do nothing."

"Okay. See you later, little feather-head dwarf!"

He seems very disappointed. Almost heart-broken.

Just then, the two men place the bounty notice...

"IS JOB!"​

He hops around Dexter, attempting to read over his shoulder.

"Oh! Oh! Let me see! Let me see!"

When he receives the paper, he reads very, very s...l...o...w...l...y, moving his lips and sounding out the words. He gets stuck on "available" and "opportunity".

He turns to Dextyr. "Okay. Where is my name? I no see it on paper. Is no even on back."

DMDanW

First Post
He turns to Dextyr. "Okay. Where is my name? I no see it on paper. Is no even on back."

Dextyr looks up at Tonk with the amused look a parent would give when a toddler askes a silly question and replies
"Well Tonk my friend, you see, your name isn't actually written on here, it is just an expression really.
You need to read between the lines at what is not written.
We are looking for an opportunity and in walk those two men and post this (he holds up the job posting) - an opportunity. It is as if fate has delivered this right into our waiting laps and all we need to do is respond to this Bishop Klongg fellow and we will be well on our way.

Dextyr looks overthe paper again and posts it back on the board "It appears as if there are a couple of job opportunities with this church, so I had better leave this here for someone else to take up the call to help this Lauto person" Dextyr states and then walks over to Tristan and Blade. "So what do you think - should we go see this Bishop Klongg?" Dextyr looks around and motions to Dagn't "You interested? We could use your shocking personality.."

[sblock=OOC] WOOT! an adventrue. So is this seriously an adventure for Dextyr and 4 strikers? [/sblock]

Remove ads