Team: TITAN, Class of 2004

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Hawk

Hank smiled and waved to Cassie. "Hey, how are ya?" Then he looked back to Don. "What's going on?" As he spoke with Don and told him he was going to check out his room, he noticed Cassie walked away.

next thing he knew, Hank was arguing with Don, until a fight started right in front of them. Cassie had walked up and started hanging on Terra and Beast Boy when Terra shoved her away and got ready to throw down! Hank moved away from Don and got ready to jump into things when he noticed something. Or didn't notice something. There didn't seem to be any feeling to change. Usually, when there was danger and he wanted to become Hawk he could feel it coming. That didn't happen.

Then it was suddenly over and everyone was fine. chicks.

"Yeah, I'm outta here Don. I'm gonna go check out my room and get squared away. Find me latter if you want to go for a run or something before dinner." He then went and found his two suitcases and army surpluses duffel bag and made his way through the building to find his room.

hero4hire

Explorer
Arsenal

After Terra slammed him about being inferior to Superboy, Roy sat fuming uncharacteristically quiet. He eventually made it out into the hall to catch the tail-end of Terra and Wondergirl's conversation.

Elfy said:
Cassie stops walking as Tara speaks up, and looks back over her shoulder towards her. She casually swipes her hand up across her cheek and, with her fingers, she pushes a lock of her blonde hair that was partially obscuring her vision back over her shoulder and out of her way. She casts a friendly smile back at Tara as she asks, "Are you sure it's okay? I’m not very good at it, and I don’t want to be a burden, but I can try. Maybe you can show me how to get better at it?"

"Is there anything YOU are good at, 'sides runnin your mouth off and insulting people..." Roy was about to say more than thinks better of it. "Anyway, that's usually my job. Maybe some of us wussies can show you a thing or two on the court...We playing hoop or something?"

Kevin Perrine

First Post
Terra

ARSENAL said:
"We playing hoop or something?"

not sure exactly if Arsenal's comment was directed at her or Cassie (like she cared anway!) Terra smirks...
"WE are...
but who invited you, Arrowhead??"

Terra gave an obvious smart-alec look at Arsenal, then smiled a big brace filled smile, flipped her hair back and turned to grab BeastBoy's arm to follow Argent to the court.
Her manner was such that it might annoy the boy bowman, but Terra wasn't trying to make him feel unwelcome enough NOT to join them for the game...

Funny - this was just her oh so subtle way of keeping people "off balance" before litterally knocking them off balance when the time comes... ;)

Elfy

First Post
Wonder Girl

Cassie looks over at Roy momentarily as he delivers his repartee, trying to offer him a comforting smile, before she starts walking at a vector that meets up with Tara and Garfield as they near the exit of the room. She walks along with them as they head out towards the ball court and, looking over at Beast Boy, she questions playfully while smiling, "A rhino, huh? That’s funny."

She says to Tara, "I guess you’re really good at making tunnels and walls and things, right?"

She says to both of them, "My abilities aren’t as versatile or flashy as your abilities are, although maybe more practical."

Switching subjects, she says, "The goal is to put the basketball in the other teams hoop and prevent them from doing the same to you, right?"

Last edited:

kid A

First Post
Dove

Originally posted by Hawk
"Yeah, I'm outta here Don. I'm gonna go check out my room and get squared away. Find me latter if you want to go for a run or something before dinner." He then went and found his two suitcases and army surpluses duffel bag and made his way through the building to find his room.

As Cassie walked away, Don only had the chance to say, "Yeah, uh... sure. See you later, Cassie."

He turned his attention to Hank, a puzzled look on his face. "Man, I don't know what I did wrong there. So, what you're headin' up to the room? I'll go with you..." Suddenly, their attention was turned toward a possible fight in the cafeteria... which was over as quickly as it had begun. "Oookay... yeah, let's get outta here." Don felt as though Hank was tense for a moment, but he shrugged it off and walked with his brother toward the dorms.

hero4hire

Explorer
Arsenal
Elfy said:
Cassie looks over at Roy momentarily as he delivers his repartee, trying to offer him a comforting smile, before she starts walking at a vector that meets up with Tara and Garfield as they near the exit of the room. She walks along with them as they head out towards the ball court and, looking over at Beast Boy, she questions playfully while smiling, "A rhino, huh? That’s funny."

She says to Tara, "I guess you’re really good at making tunnels and walls and things, right?"

She says to both of them, "My abilities aren’t as versatile or flashy as your abilities are, although maybe more practical."

Switching subjects, she says, "The goal is to put the basketball in the other teams hoop and prevent them from doing the same to you, right?"

Arsenal laughed "You don't know how to play basketball? Where did you grow up A DESERTED ISLAND?" he said to Cassie.

Elfy

First Post
Wonder Girl

As Roy laughs, Cassie doesn’t stop walking, but briefly looks back towards him and blinks one eye at him before refocusing her attention back onto Garfield and Tara. Whether she was indicating that she actually knows how to play basketball, actually did grow up on a deserted island, or was merely flirting with him, is left to Roy's imagination.

Last edited:

Karl Green

First Post
TITAN campus, 12:15pm, Oct 29th 2004. the Field

Argent, Beast Boy, Wondergirl and Terra show up down at the basketball court (not sure if Arsenal was coming; if so he is there also), waiting for Risk to show up with the basketballs (he stopped by to grab them from the facility building). Beast Boy, looking like a big green bunny rabbit, hops around and says "You know I don't think I have ever played basketball either Cassie. I mean I was mostly into skateboard, video games, and haunting wabbits"

"Hey Terra, so me you ice sculpting powers you told me so much about…can you make a ice rabbit?"

The courtyard itself is huge and multipurpose; track and field, basketball court, football field, tennis court to the side, etc. There is a grounds man out cutting some of the grass in the field near the basketball court. He stops what he's doing and says "You kids need the filed? I can finish up later if you need it"

Last edited:

hero4hire

Explorer
Arsenal
Elfy said:
As Roy laughs, Cassie doesn’t stop walking, but briefly looks back towards him and blinks one eye at him before refocusing her attention back onto Garfield and Tara. Whether she was indicating that she actually knows how to play basketball, actually did grow up on a deserted island, or was merely flirting with him, is left to Roy's imagination.

I knew it she digs me. Roy thought to himself as he stepped up to keep pace with the rest of the group.

Karl Green said:
Argent, Beast Boy, Wondergirl and Terra show up down at the basketball court (not sure if Arsenal was coming; if so he is there also), waiting for Risk to show up with the basketballs (he stopped by to grab them from the facility building). Beast Boy, looking like a big green bunny rabbit, hops around and says "You know I don't think I have ever played basketball either Cassie. I mean I was mostly into skateboard, video games, and haunting wabbits"

"Hey Terra, so me you ice sculpting powers you told me so much about…can you make a ice rabbit?"

The courtyard itself is huge and multipurpose; track and field, basketball court, football field, tennis court to the side, etc. There is a grounds man out cutting some of the grass in the field near the basketball court. He stops what he's doing and says "You kids need the field? I can finish up later if you need it"

"We just need the court m'man." Roy answered the groundskeeper. "If anyone's got the balls?" he said a bit louder more to the rest of the group.

Karl Green

First Post
TITAN campus, 12:15pm, Oct 29th 2004. the Field

Just as Arsenal speaks up, form about 200ft back, a basketball flies through the air and heads for the hoop…
Range Increment for Basketball is 40ft, so Risk gets a -8 to hit the hop, that has a DC of 20 to 'hit only net', 18 to get the backboard and then into the net, 14 to hit the backboard but not to go into the net. Range Attack for Risk is 12 +11 -8 =15
…hitting the backboard and the rim of the net, but it does not go in. Risk races up around 50ft towards the group "Denied…" he says with a smile.

Beast Boy changes into a kangaroo and starts bouncing towards the ball "Intentional rushing by Captain Kangaroo… 15 yard penalty"

Remove ads