Team: TITAN, Class of 2004

Radiant

First Post
Batgirl (Cassandra)

Karl Green said:
Starfire leads Cassandra over to the buffet line with a great deal of food is still left (although Impulse is suddenly at the front of the line getting his fift helping of food. He says something to both the girls in rapid fire, but neither of them understand what the heck he just said).

Starfire chatters to Cassandra about minor things, but she also asks "So you also training with this…Batman? I understand he is the leader of the Justice League, yes? Is Batman very friendly? I do hope that someday I might meet him and the rest of the team. I do love this world and wish to protect it as best as I can… OH Nightwing has said that we might go shopping tomorrow… at a 'mall'… you must come with us. I wish to buy many things…"

Shrugs and nods are the only answer Starfire gets to her chatter while Cassandra picks some chicken wings. She never got why people liked to talk so much even after she learned it. At least it is easy to ingore if she doesn't look at the people, it's what she learned.
"He's Batman."
She sounds as that would explain everything. Then Impulese shows up Cassndra jumps back defensevely but calms down only a split second later as she realizes that he's just getting food.

Starfire said:
Starfire smiles but is also confused asking Cassandra "What is a birf-day? And who is this Snoopy? Is he a dance expert?"

Another shrug. Cassandra has as much idea what is going on as Starfire and she understood even less of what was said before.

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Hawk

A museum? Great. That couldn't sound more boring.

"$500! Sweet, I'm in." For $500 he could go to a museum. If nothing else it should be a good chance to make fun of Don. Plus I can check out the chicks at the mall.

He enjoyed the rest of his food while listening to Don and Dick talk. The hot chick with the curves sat down at the table. Why was she hanging on that kid? He isn't nothing.

As he listened to Dick and Don ramble on, he tried to figure out Dick. He seemed pretty cool, like he could handle himself but he talked way too much, like Don.

Then some new chick walked in dressed in black and b.d.u.s. She had short hair and looked pretty young but she didn't waste time talking and he was pretty sure she could kick most anyone's butt. While she talked to the bat-kid and the hottie, he wiped some food from his mouth and reached out a hand to greet her.

"Hi, I'm Hank."

Mordane76

First Post
Superboy

"So much idle chatter," Superboy thought as he listened to conversations, exercising his hearing. "And the strutting," he says, looking at the guys and girls. "You could cut the hormones in here with a knife."

OOC: Power - Super Sense/Telescopic Sense: Hearing

"Spending money, schooling, culture... sounds likes a nice little setup we've got going here. How about action - will we be seeing much in the way of field action once classes get underway? I mean, as a solo act, everyone here was free to go save the day whenever, but now... how is that going to work, Nightwing?"

Karl Green

First Post
TITAN campus, 11:53am, Oct 29th 2004. the Residency

Arsenal said:
Eventually Arsenal made his way back to the cafeteria, he tried to be non-chalant about being late, and tries not to be noticed walking in.

Bluff roll 9+10=19
...and no one seems to notice while he grabbing some food, when Red Tornado appears at his shoulder "Ah there you are Mr. Harper" he then goes and sits down at on the tables.

Superboy said:
"Spending money, schooling, culture... sounds likes a nice little setup we've got going here. How about action - will we be seeing much in the way of field action once classes get underway? I mean, as a solo act, everyone here was free to go save the day whenever, but now... how is that going to work, Nightwing?"

"Well we will not be sending you out on any missions right away, there will be training that should provide you with plenty of action. But there are plenty of impressive powers within this room, and we will have field missions within do time. First things first though, we want to get a good feel of each other's powers and now to work together. You each bring something unique to this team, and we will train you too use them to the best of your ability."

hero4hire

Explorer
Arsenal

Karl Green said:
"Well we will not be sending you out on any missions right away, there will be training that should provide you with plenty of action. But there are plenty of impressive powers within this room, and we will have field missions within do time. First things first though, we want to get a good feel of each other's powers and now to work together. You each bring something unique to this team, and we will train you too use them to the best of your ability."

Arsenal sat down at the table and played a bit with his food. "The only reason some of us got here is because of training. I guess that gives some of us the edge up on the others." he said almost non-chalantly. Suddenly his hand became a blur and the fork he was playing with appeared in a tomato that Aqualad was about to eat off of his salad across the room. "See what I mean?"

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Aqualad said:
Aqualad, eating some salad and pizza, looks to Hawk and says "They call me Garth, and you are 'Hawk' correct? Does this mean that you can fly? I am curious to gauge the abilities of all of my teammates, for when we go into battle together it would be good to know what each can do."
Hank looked at Garth as he spoke. Strange accent, wonder where he's from.
"Yeah, I can fly but mostly I get very strong and can fight. And my brother Dove who loves to not fight can jump around, like dodge stuff and he's pretty smart. Problem is we can only use our powers when there is danger around." Hank continued to eat while he talked.

"So Aqualad, you can swim and talk to fish? That'll be great, can't wait to see you in action. I'm sure Nightwing will put you in the front line right away." Hank rolled his eyes as he chewed.

"So Superboy, you as powerful as the real deal or ya gotta wait until you grow up to be able to do all of that stuff?"

Radiant

First Post
Cassandra

Nuke261 said:
A museum? Great. That couldn't sound more boring.

"$500! Sweet, I'm in." For $500 he could go to a museum. If nothing else it should be a good chance to make fun of Don. Plus I can check out the chicks at the mall.

He enjoyed the rest of his food while listening to Don and Dick talk. The hot chick with the curves sat down at the table. Why was she hanging on that kid? He isn't nothing.

As he listened to Dick and Don ramble on, he tried to figure out Dick. He seemed pretty cool, like he could handle himself but he talked way too much, like Don.

Then some new chick walked in dressed in black and b.d.u.s. She had short hair and looked pretty young but she didn't waste time talking and he was pretty sure she could kick most anyone's butt. While she talked to the bat-kid and the hottie, he wiped some food from his mouth and reached out a hand to greet her.

"Hi, I'm Hank."

Somehow it looks strange as Cassandra takes the offered hand before she even looked up to see it is there. Only then she looks up to Hawk, still looking a mix if friendly, sligthly confused but not too impressed with anything.
"Hi"
Closer to her he can notice she looks very carefull all over him, as she seems t do with all persons she comes close to. It's not much but somehow her gaze is just more intense as it should be then someone should looks at you.

Cassandra looks up then first Arsenal and then Hawk pick on Aqualad but she doesn't show any interest and just picks up some of her food. Somehow the whole mood of the room doesn't concern her, like someone watching from outside who isn't really involved.

Karl Green

First Post
TITAN campus, 11:53am, Oct 29th 2004. the Residency

Hawk said:
"Yeah, I can fly but mostly I get very strong and can fight. And my brother Dove who loves to not fight can jump around, like dodge stuff and he's pretty smart. Problem is we can only use our powers when there is danger around." Hank continued to eat while he talked.

Aqualad nods his head, listening...

Hawk said:
"So Aqualad, you can swim and talk to fish? That'll be great, can't wait to see you in action. I'm sure Nightwing will put you in the front line right away." Hank rolled his eyes as he chewed.

To which he stares at Hank for a second, before saying "I am unsure if you are attempting to gauge my abilities or to insult my noble heritage, Yes I can 'swim' very fast and communicate with the creatures of the sea. I am also strong, even among my people, which I understand is in the superhuman levels here on the surface. I have trained for battle sense I was very young and am skilled with many weapons and unarmed combat techniques"

Mordane76

First Post
Nuke261 said:
"So Superboy, you as powerful as the real deal or ya gotta wait until you grow up to be able to do all of that stuff?"

"I'm guessing you don't read papers much, do you, Hawk," Superboy says. "Well... I'm not necessarily 'faster than a speeding bullet,' but I can hold my own in a foot race, and in the 'more power than a locomotive' department, well... I can deadlift about 600 tons so far... so yeah. I've got the 'leaps tall buildings in a single bound' thing down, too. Other than that, I guess we'll just have to wait and see."

Last edited:

Kevin Perrine

First Post
Terra

NIGHTWING said:
Nightwing speaks up "Well I am glad that we can make you happy Miss Markov."

Tara gives DICK a faux-smile then turns to Garfield and the others making a goofy face mocking the elder.... ;)
Her attention then turns to bubble-bod...

STARFIRE said:
Starfire smiles but is also confused asking Cassandra "What is a birf-day? And who is this Snoopy? Is he a dance expert?"

"Retard-much?!?"
Terra rolls her eyes at Star and thinks.........
...sometimes I wish could be that attractive, but if it costs being that mentally impaired... count... me.... out.

IMPULSE said:
Impulse stops doing push-up, sits down and says "And they say I am hyper! You ever watch movies on fast forward to get through it? Anyway nothing special I was just wondering about this place. Its cool and all... I guess"

"uhhh... sure.... whaaatever...

Turning her attention to the bigger group...
ARSENAL said:
Arsenal sat down at the table and played a bit with his food. "The only reason some of us got here is because of training. I guess that gives some of us the edge up on the others." he said almost non-chalantly. Suddenly his hand became a blur and the fork he was playing with appeared in a tomato that Aqualad was about to eat off of his salad across the room. "See what I mean?"

"Actually... doesn't that" (refering to the LACK of training) "give some of us that HAVEN'T had much training the EDGE on you, since we HAVE stuff to learn???"
Tara looks up and over at Arsenal with an equal amount of thought and sarcasm...
"... Ah mean - yeah... we'll have stuff to learn and you... you'll be spinning your wheels WATCHING us catch up. hehhehheh...
She chuckles looking around at some of the "powered" kids...
"...sure Ah'm PROBABLY the most powerful of everyone here with my super-earth-control, but in ... like .... -what- .... two, three months I could ALSO be as good as you with a bow and arrow or have my own 'Terra-Belt' like Bat-boy...
finishing off her chuckle with a big crap-eating smirk...

"... you just tell yourself how -VERY- 'special' you are but ain'tcha gotta ask yerself why Superman & Wonderwoman haven't just learned how to taken all of the toys away from Green Arrow and Batman and told them to run along home???
Well.... Ah'll tell you - it's 'cause they don't want to hurt the feelings of you poor poor no-powered weenies...
heheh...
sure, you serve a purpose on the team.......
CROWD CONTROL

When she realizes that through her little speech she'd stood up leaning and almost pointing at the boy-bowman, Terra realizes that she went too far maybe... but she couldn't think of backing down now.
Hopefully some of the other powered kids would rally behind her in the arguement.

Arsenal might have started the fight (throwing his fork at fish-boy) but that doesn't mean he could finish it... ;)

AQUALAD said:
To which he stares at Hank for a second, before saying "I am unsure if you are attempting to gauge my abilities or to insult my noble heritage, Yes I can 'swim' very fast and communicate with the creatures of the sea. I am also strong, even among my people, which I understand is in the superhuman levels here on the surface. I have trained for battle sense I was very young and am skilled with many weapons and unarmed combat techniques"

SUPERBOY said:
"I'm guessing you don't read papers much, do you, Hawk," Superboy says. "Well... I'm not necessarily 'faster than a speeding bullet,' but I can hold my own in a foot race, and in the 'more power than a locomotive' department, well... I can deadlift about 600 tons so far... so yeah. I've got the 'leaps tall buildings in a single bound' thing down, too. Other than that, I guess we'll just have to wait and see."

Looking over at the two POWERED boys that have just been horribly insulted by their "lessers" Terra hopes to get their attention to her little thought about Arsenal's arguement, by readily agreeing with first Aqualad and then Superboy....

Looking back at Arsenal...
"...now tell me SHAFT how is it your little bow & arrow will compete with 600 tons??? and that's just ONE of Baby-Blue's powers!!
Ah mean crap - even Aquatard can.... uhh... talk... to.... FISH.....

Tara cracks up laughing at that point....
ah can't believe ah just said that.... talks to fish... heheh she thinks, breaking up into a full body laugh...
Laughing at Aqualad's powers and even moreso Arsenal's lack thereof...
Fanning the flame she continues...

".....fish... hahahah.... you can't even talk.. to... fish... hahahahahh"

Last edited:

Remove ads