Tears in Hell (UPDATED OCTOBER 11th)

Who is your favorite Tears in Hell PC?

johndaw16

Explorer
Hey PK saw the story hour and since I'm running a Modern campaign myself I took a look (one can never have too much inspiration). One quick question for you though, I attend William and Mary and grew up in Newport News. Do you live in the area as well ? You seem to have a pretty good idea of whats in the area locally and I thought it was cool to see places I've been to before (including the good ole N.N. jail) mentioned. Keep it coming.

Gina

First Post
Rebecca M said:
(Thanks for voting Gina, but wrong guy. :p )

What can I say? The poverty factor and the endangered baby sister just make him sympathetic.....

Actually, all of these characters are interesting and nuanced.

ledded

Herder of monkies
Rebecca M said:
So far, this attempt at democracy is a miserable failure. It appears that SOME people get to vote for everyone, and the election is being decided by one real vote. (Thanks for voting Gina, but wrong guy. :p )
Well, I felt compelled to vote for Rebecca, mainly because of the John Edwards email but also because she is often the catalyst for some of the more fun arguments. Flailing on each other is something we do a lot in our own Modern game, and it makes for great roleplaying fun.

Nice updates, this thing is really cooking Puppy Kicker. I like what you've done with the place.

Puppy Kicker

First Post
Hey PK saw the story hour and since I'm running a Modern campaign myself I took a look (one can never have too much inspiration). One quick question for you though, I attend William and Mary and grew up in Newport News. Do you live in the area as well ? You seem to have a pretty good idea of whats in the area locally and I thought it was cool to see places I've been to before (including the good ole N.N. jail) mentioned. Keep it coming.

I do indeed live in the area, but I'm the newbie around here (a couple years, most of that as little more than a visitor). I actually get a lot of feedback - during game and between games - from the other players on where I've messed up. Often they just tell me what they're doing and I have to take their word that the place even exists! They've all lived in the area a long time (except for Rebecca, who's new here too.)

And I have to give thanks to Gina for voting. I think you voted just fine. And I'm sure Devin's head is a bit swollen from the vote (not to mention the gunshot wound!)

Nice updates, this thing is really cooking Puppy Kicker. I like what you've done with the place.

Thanks for the kind words, ledded. You may like Rebecca even more when you see where the JE sidetreck takes the group. You're right, she's a GREAT catalyst for making things happen and I'm really happy to have her in the group.

Devin Cole

First Post
Thanks to all for the love!

Well, just so you know im healing well Gina. I would like to thank you in person but i really doubt my old truck could make it all the way out to you. I looked into getting a new engine for the old beast but the mechanic told me that if i loosened the bolts of the engine mounts the truck may fall apart, again. I am deaply touched that you care about my plight. I assure you that I will keep little lisa safe until i am taken from this world. She depends upon me and I thank god for each blessing he gives to us.

I have a question for you. Tomorrow i am going to wear my best shirt. Its missing a button but i will try to hide that with my jacket. The question is what color should my bandages be to match my light blue shirt. You see im trying to impress a girl and she is all into her appearance and the appearance of others. Any kind of aid her would be great. Thanks so very much.

Well my head is kinda pounding from all these misspellings and word usage errors i have brought to everyone....well that and the bullet....

Night all

armani

First Post
Hey all. I like the story so far PK. It has been very 'interesting' so far. Who knows, I may even have a f**king heart by the end of it ;) Btw, I don't think I swear THAT much when we game, but if so... You gotta get in character at some point. After all, isn't that the whole point of roleplay?

Laters

Meadow M

First Post
Alright so whats up with barely anyone voting for poor little me. You know being a witch is hard work and well I work on that more than my classes but who cares. Pretty soon you might even see my do something impressive with my witchcraft. I wonder what its gonna take to get intimate with Alli...she is a hottie after all. Either way, vote for me people!! :mad:

Puppy Kicker

First Post
Hospital Visit

9:00 AM Sunday, July 18th
Newport News, Virginia

The companions crowded in the motel room the next morning, discussing what they’d discovered and what their plans were for the day. Rebecca sat at a table in front of Quinton’s laptop.

“The KOA on the Beach was a waste of time, but there are two more that I know of up here. I think we ought to go check those out.” Devin paused as he finished wrapping fresh bandages around his head. “We find where that Wendy girl is at, we find that bear, we get my sister back. Simple as that.”

“F***in’ A.” Armani agreed. “I think them campgrounds are the best bet. You know how to get to them, Devin?”

Devin nodded. “Been to both at one time or another.” He turned to the others. “So is that the plan? Are we all going to the KOA?”

“Sorry guys, I’ve GOT to go get my car fixed.” Quin said. “I’ll just drop it off at the shop and then I can join you for the camping trip.”

Devin sighed. “Fine, we’ll go with you to the shop first. Anyone else want to change the plans?”

Meadow paused from drying her hair long enough to answer. “I think I’m going to go see if I can find out how Betty’s doing.”

“Who’s Betty?” Quin asked.

“The cop… the one that we saved from certain death…” Meadow caught Quin’s sly grin. “Jerk.” She turned to Rebecca. “You want to come with me, Rebecca?” Rebecca seemed engrossed in something on the computer screen and was typing furiously. “Rebecca. Rebecca!” Rebecca turned.

“Yeah?”

“Let’s go see if we can find Betty and see how she’s doing. What are you up to, anyway?”

"I've been... following some leads," said Rebecca. She clicked the SEND button on her latest e-mail.

TO: John Edward <johnedward@crossingover.com>
SUBJ: Re: Interested in bear, please tell me more <nt>

Mr. Edward,

Thanks for your reply. I’m sorry to sound
ungrateful, but there seem to be some mob-type
people interested in this artifact. I’m sure you
understand why I’m being cautious. In order to
verify that I’m talking to you and not some freak
who hijacked my e-mail, could you please ask my
grandmother to tell you what her favorite breakfast
food was? Thank you for your help!

Rebecca Michaels

Rebecca turned off the computer. “Do you know where Betty is?”

Meadow tossed the towel onto the bed and sat down on it. “Nope. Maybe we can call the police station and see if they’ll tell us where she was taken.”

Devin shook his head. “Right, like they’re just going to up and tell you the location of one of their cops who was just ATTACKED and nearly KILLED. I don’t think so.”

“Dumb chicks,” Armani agreed. “F***in’ cops ain’t gonna tell you where she is.”

Five minutes later Rebecca hung up the phone and wiped a few tears from her eyes. “She’s at Riverside Community. The nice police lady was very sorry that they had neglected to call me and tell me what had happened to my sister. She promised it would never happen again.”

“That was amazing,” said Quin. He looked genuinely awed.

“So are you going to break down in tears when we get to the hospital too?” Meadow asked. She looked genuinely appalled.

“If I have to,” smiled Rebecca. “Come on, Meadow. I’ll drive.”

---​

11:00 AM Sunday, July 18th
Riverside Community Hospital, Newport News, Virginia

Rebecca and Meadow stood in the waiting room of Riverside Community Hospital, looking at the line of people in front of the receptionist. They tried to look inconspicuous. They succeeded.

“Did we get her any flowers?” Meadow suddenly asked, breaking what passed for silence in the waiting room.

“Umm… no.”

“Should we have?” Meadow asked. “I mean, if we’re family it would seem appropriate to bring flowers or something.”

Rebecca glanced at a vase of flowers resting innocently on the waiting room table. “Oh, we DID bring some.”

Meadow looked furtively around as Rebecca inched towards the table. “Rebecca!” she hissed. Rebecca ignored her and placed herself between the receptionist and the flowers. With one hand behind her she gently lifted the flowers out of the vase, then froze in place as the receptionist glanced her way. The receptionist made brief eye contact and then continued helping someone. Rebecca snuck back towards Meadow with her new prize.

“I think they’re her favorite.” Rebecca smiled sweetly.

Meadow tried not to smile and failed. “Let’s go talk our way into some more trouble.”

---​

“She believed you were Betty's sister? You two don’t look even remotely similar, Rebecca. How the hell do you do that?” Meadow asked a few minutes later, as she and Rebecca rode the elevator to the hospital’s third floor. “I mean, I don’t think it’s even natural.”

Rebecca shrugged. “I just have a way with people I guess.” They got off the elevator and approached the slightly ajar door that led to Betty’s room. “Here we are.” Rebecca slowly pushed the door the rest of the way open and walked in. Meadow followed.

The room was very dark – the blinds were shut and the lights were off. A couple of machines gave off an eerie greenish light and the television ran a Will & Grace rerun, volume off.

Betty was alone in the two-person room. As Rebecca and Meadow entered her head rolled towards them, her eyes barely open. “Miss Michaels. Miss McLean. Glad you could…” Betty groaned then continued. “Glad you could come.”

“We were worried about you, Betty.” Meadow said as she walked over to the bed and crouched down next to the injured police woman. “You got yourself pretty beat up the other night.” Meadow gently patted Betty’s hand. It was about the only part of the woman’s body not covered with plaster, bandages, or sensors.

"And we brought you these," said Rebecca, holding forth the pilfered flowers.

"Thank you." Betty tried to chuckle and stopped as the pain hit. “They…” Suddenly Betty’s eyes rolled back in her head and spittle sprayed from her lips. “BAD BLOOD!!! BAD BLOOD!!! BAD BLOOD!!!” She shouted and spasms rocked her body. All around them the previously comforting beeps of the machines picked up to a frenzied pace.

Rebecca looked worried. “Should we call a nurse?” she asked.

Meadow shook her head. “I’ll take care of her.” Meadow caressed Betty’s hand and whispered comforting words to her until the spasms stopped. A line of saliva dribbled down Betty’s cheek and her eyes rolled back and forth, watching something that wasn’t really there. “Going to kill me… bad blood. Bad blood killing me…” Betty at last relaxed and her eyes closed. “Going to kill you. Your blood… my blood… bad blood… Killing me… kill…. blood… “ Betty faded into unconsciousness.

“I don’t think we’re going to get any more information from Betty today, Rebecca. Let’s get out of here.”

Rebecca looked a little pale. “Uh huh.” She was still nodding as Meadow walked out of the room. Rebecca followed a few moments later, leaving Betty alone in the dark...

... but not completely alone.

As the elevator door closed on Meadow and Rebecca, a shadowy figure stepped from Betty’s room and snuck towards the stairs, unseen by anyone.

Last edited:

Gina

First Post
Puppy Kicker said:
As the elevator door closed on Meadow and Rebecca, a shadowy figure stepped from Betty’s room and snuck towards the stairs, unseen by anyone.

C'mon! Give us a little more here!

Need to know what happens....

Of course, what else should I expect from a guy called "Puppy Kicker". :)

Please, more updates.

Remove ads