teenage mutant ninja turtles.

timidwolfchild

First Post
ok how many people out there are actaully happy that the new teenage mutant ninja turtle movie is comeing out in one more day(were i am it is coming out march 23, not quite sure were you are though) i have alot of friends who do not really whant to go see it but i do so much whant to seee it. so you like the thougth of a new tmnt movie or dont you?

GoodKingJayIII

First Post
I don't know if anyone else has seen this TMNT trailer but it got me pretty excited for this movie.

I'm expecting mostly a kids movie, but I see a lot for people who grew up watching this stuff as well, plus plenty of nods to the original comics.

Cthulhudrew

First Post
I think it looks interesting, but frankly I think the TMNT ground has been retread sooo many times now. If this is an original movie (new storyline), that's one thing, but it looks like its just going to be their origin story yet again, with some minor variations.

LrdApoc

"Insert Title here"
Not an origin story - it picks up after they have defeated Shredder and are all growing apart as a team - Leo goes off to study martial arts, Don gets a tech support job, Raph becomes a masked vigilante and Mikey.. well he's doing kids parties dressed up as a Ninja Turtle impersonator.. so far press is positive on the whole thing. I'm looking forward to it personally.. and to introduce it to my daughters.

Pbartender

First Post
LrdApoc said:
Not an origin story - it picks up after they have defeated Shredder and are all growing apart as a team - Leo goes off to study martial arts, Don gets a tech support job, Raph becomes a masked vigilante and Mikey.. well he's doing kids parties dressed up as a Ninja Turtle impersonator..

So, it's kind of like the beginning of Ghostbusters II...

Yeah... I think I can jibe with that. :D

Cthulhudrew

First Post
LrdApoc said:
Not an origin story - it picks up after they have defeated Shredder and are all growing apart as a team -

Cool- that sounds a lot better. And it does look really good, graphically. I may check it out.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
I'm on the fence about seeing it... mostly because I think Michelangelo was the most dated character of the bunch. Hopefully if they modernize him they make him less Hawaiian surfer and more rebellious skater in mentality. Wait... they can't do that cause then he'd take Raphael's rebellious schitck..

Pbartender

First Post
Relique du Madde said:
I'm on the fence about seeing it... mostly because I think Michelangelo was the most dated character of the bunch. Hopefully if they modernize him they make him less Hawaiian surfer and more rebellious skater in mentality. Wait... they can't do that cause then he'd take Raphael's rebellious schitck..

No... you don't make him rebellious, you make him generic fun-loving party dude. Which is pretty much what he was from the beginning.

Remove ads