• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tell me a little about yourself...

The_Universe

First Post
The_Universe said:
How does "Bron of Arundel" work for a name?

...of Derinmar? of Alvormar? of Avertor? of Rectorsgard? of Indmar? of Arnor? of Riversheld? of Ravenmar? of Westgard?

Do you like Bron as a first name? I prefer it infinitely over the complete "Bronte," and certainly over "Argyle." Your timely input is appreciated. We're less than two weeks away!
In other fora, we concluded that you're family is actually from the Scanlonwen, the pseudo-Spain that a relatively young human princeling is attempting (successfully) to reconquer. Although humans now control the vast majority of the territory, a small portion remains contested by the Tuatha, who fight fiercely to retain control of the land.

Your family, then, controls what is either a small barony or county on an island south of the Howling Isles, close to the infamous Umbergate prison.

So, keeping in mind that these places will have spanish/portuguese/castillian names as a general rule, we at least have some direction as to what sort of name your character will actually have. The surname, as discussed above, will almost certainly be named after the island. However, since I have not yet assigned a name to the island in question, this is a good place for your input.

AIM-54

First Post
The_Universe said:
Just to add to the previous requests in this thread, I'd like to know your characters'...

1) Names
2) Affiliations (family, organizational, etc. Describe with as much or little detail as you'd like, but give me some idea of what connects the character to the world. Bear in mind that I may suggest some changes). Of course, I would encourage you to use the game world information that we have already discussed, as much as is possible.
2) Enemies (these may be people out to kill you, competitors, or just minor annoyances Please give me 3).
3) Allies (same story as enemies. These may be casual acquantances, family, etc. Please give me 3).

I'm posting this for Nico:

1.) Yazmin de Cristador

2.) Related to Zara Rainkeeper (the memory fails her on the details) and she was at an elite school for Swashbucklery (or guardianship or something, again the memory fails :eek:). Comes from a wealthy family. Yazmin was the youngest daughter (of 5 total, all of them girls) and was sent to the academy, as there seemed no better place for her (I may be bollocksing up the details a bit). She is currently a member of Baron Damon de Saliar's personal guard, a Scanlonwen noble.

3.)a) Eldest two sisters, who have somehow shamed the Seaglas family (they were supposed to be the finest of the lot).

b) Whoever may be a particular enemy of de Saliar or someone she's crossed swords with before type thing.

c) A rival from the academy.

4.)a) A close friend from the academy.

b) The son of a duke or baron from a neighboring estate (or whatever the correct term is) that she knew growing up.

c) The next best swordsman in her class at the academy. :)

NuclearWookiee

First Post
1) Names

Alfonse de Barco

2) Affiliations (family, organizational, etc. Describe with as much or little detail as you'd like, but give me some idea of what connects the character to the world. Bear in mind that I may suggest some changes). Of course, I would encourage you to use the game world information that we have already discussed, as much as is possible.

The Swordsworn, per our discussions elsewhere Kennon.
Also (and likely primarily, despite any vows to the Swordsworn that may exist), to the Barco family.

3) Enemies (these may be people out to kill you, competitors, or just minor annoyances Please give me 3).

Rodrigue de Alcala - a neighboring noble, Rodrigue de Alcala and his family have long been adversaries of the Barco family. While the Barco family had served as privateers against the Tuathan ships during the war, the Alcala family had amassed considerable wealth and holdings as merchants trading indescriminately with Imperial, Tuathan and various other parties alike. Since Alfonse has left the command of the Barco family to his younger brother Edward, the Alcala family's attitude towards Alfonse is somewhat indifferent, believing (as the majority of the outside world would) that he has distanced himself from his family and its holdings.

Unnamed - a Tuathan commander (of whatever level suits your purposes best, Kennon). Alfonse earned the ire of this Tuathan commander in some close encounter during one of the various campaigns of the Swordsworn. Alfonse and the Tuathan met on the battlefield, an encounter that should have likely been the last for Alfonse. As the Tuathan was about to deliver a killing blow, a stray arrow pierced his leg. Thrown off balance, he faltered allowing Alfonse the time he needed to strike a wounding blow and retreat. He holds no particular hatred against Alfonse (at least not any more so than any Tuathan holds for an Imperial human), but views his scar from that day as a reminder that he deserves the opportunity to kill Alfonse de Barco.

Unnamed - another member of the Swordsworn. He was always in competition with Alfonse, although rarely besting him. He serves more as a constant annoyance, never causing much actual damage so much as taking every opportunity to inconvenience Alfonse.

4) Allies (same story as enemies. These may be casual acquantances, family, etc. Please give me 3).

Edward de Barco - younger brother of Alfonse, and head of the family holdings. Edward and Alfonse appear outwardly to be distant. Speculation has generally concluded that something happened in the distant past to cause Alfonse to fall from favor with their father, and the resulting appointment of Edward over the Barco estate caused a rift between the brothers. In reality, however, the two are each others' strongest allies. Together, the decision was made for Edward to play the role of a lord while Alfonse served with the Swordsworn. The reason for distancing themselves from each other was due to the increasing hostilities against the Swordsworn during the early days of the backlash.

Gamon Fairfax - Alfonse's mentor amongst the Swordsworn. A wise and soft-spoken man, he was responsible for Alfonse's induction into the Swordsworn, and oversaw a great deal of his initial training. Alfonse has not heard from Gamon for some time, and greatly fears that the backlash against the Swordsworn has become all too personal.

Remove ads