Temptation and Corruption domains

Erekose13

Explorer
I'd vote yes to everything but the Corruption domain power. Its too much BoVD which isn't for everyone (myself included). Nothing balance wise, just don't like a power that specificaly targets babies, children, and pregnant women.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Erekose13 said:
I'd vote yes to everything but the Corruption domain power. Its too much BoVD which isn't for everyone (myself included). Nothing balance wise, just don't like a power that specificaly targets babies, children, and pregnant women.
This from the creator of the aberration goddess :lol:

Well, can you vote yes to the spell and Temptation now and I'll come back for Corruption?

Erekose13

Explorer
There are just some things that I don't want in my game. The stuff mentioned above and sexual abuse cover most of them.

But yes, I will vote yes on the spell and the temptation domain. I'll even vote yes on the Corruption domain spell list, just not on the domain power.

LiquidBlue

First Post
I think the corruption domain power could be kept if the flvor text was modified. Simply remove the specific examples of creatures with low will saves. I would modify it in some way, so that paladins and clerics gain some sort of additional protection against this power.

Such a power could be interesting if used against a group of adventurers. Simply shifting in alignment does not mean the character suddenly becomes a psycopath, but it could certainly appear in more subtle ways.

Rystil Arden

First Post
LiquidBlue said:
I think the corruption domain power could be kept if the flvor text was modified. Simply remove the specific examples of creatures with low will saves. I would modify it in some way, so that paladins and clerics gain some sort of additional protection against this power.

Such a power could be interesting if used against a group of adventurers. Simply shifting in alignment does not mean the character suddenly becomes a psycopath, but it could certainly appear in more subtle ways.
That makes the power more useful than I would like--it could actually be used on adventurers or opponents (though it admittedly is not very helpful to do so). I would rather it was subtle enough that it can only work on beings that haven't developed a conscience and systematic moral system (like animals and young children/babies)

LiquidBlue

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
That makes the power more useful than I would like--it could actually be used on adventurers or opponents (though it admittedly is not very helpful to do so). I would rather it was subtle enough that it can only work on beings that haven't developed a conscience and systematic moral system (like animals and young children/babies)

While an expanded power would still not be very useful to adventurers, imagine the adventure hooks it could provide. A cleric with the corruption domain could truely corrupt people and organizations, whether to bend them for his own purposes, or merely to bring about their downfall.

I would consider changing the power so that it imbues the recepient with a magical disease.

Consider the following:

A cleric with the Corruption domain can attempt to infect a creature with Corrupting Taint once per day. To do so the cleric must touch the creature to be infected, in combat this requires a melee touch attack, if the creature fails a will save it is infected by Corrupting Taint. Save DC = 10 + cleric level / 2 + CHA modifier. Clerics of a neutral god receive a +2 bonus to their save. Clerics of a good god receive a +4 bonus to their save.

Corrupting Taint
Magical Disease
Damage DC: 10
Incubation: 1d3 days
Damage: Creature moves one step towards evil on the good-evil axis, a creature that is or becomes evil moves one step towards chaos on the law-chaos axis.
*Creature makes will saves to resist damage instead of fortitude saves.
*Successful saves do not cure a creature of Corrupting Taint.

Last edited:

Remove ads