• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tenth Doctor's New Threads

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Very nice. I prefer this look to that of Ecclestone! :)

Only 3 episodes of series 1 to go in Australia.

Cheers!

qstor

Adventurer
Dark Psion said:
I want it in America Now!!!!!!

At least I can get it on CBC here in Michigan.

I like the new look, I didnt mind Christopher E. look, I think it was ok to update the Doctor to a 21st century look, but the old look of Tennant is cool too. I hope Jack comes back as a companion.

Mike

Cthulhudrew

First Post
qstor said:
I like the new look, I didnt mind Christopher E. look, I think it was ok to update the Doctor to a 21st century look, but the old look of Tennant is cool too. I hope Jack comes back as a companion.

John Barrowman (Jack Harkness) has been signed for the new season for (I believe) an as yet unrevealed number of episodes, but he's not supposed to show up for until the season is underway a bit. The reason given (in an article I can't seem to find right now), being that Jack wouldn't be thrown off as much by the Doctor's regeneration as Rose, and they really want to play with the strange situation between the two, and develop that relationship on its own, before bringing Jack back into the fold. I suspect (given how popular the character and actor are) that he'll be back for quite a bit of the season, though.

Some other good news, Barrowman has done commentaries for the DVD release of Doctor Who.

This was an interesting article on Outpost Gallifrey-

Barrowman revealed that there were several endings originally planned for "The Parting of the Ways," some clearly before they knew they were going to regenerate the Doctor or get a sense of how successful the series would be, but in all versions Jack would not have immediately re-joined the crew (in fact, one early version ended with Rose actually dying from the effects of the Time Vortex!) Both said they'd had no idea Eccleston would be leaving. Another outtake from episode 13: apparently on the second take of Jack's farewell kiss, John kissed Billie as normal, and then, when it came to Chris, gave him a full-on snog...which Chris, getting the joke, just on followed through, with them both ending up, still entwined, rolling around on the floor, the cameraman desperately trying to keep up with them...

Also, according to the Outpost... well, I'll let them tell it:

Anthony Stewart Head of "Buffy" fame will be in the second series. Head has already participated in several Doctor Who projects including BBC Online's "Death Comes to Time" and Big Finish's "Excelis" miniseries, and was among the many actors originally mentioned as contenders for the role of the Doctor in 2003/04.

Buffy fans, rejoice!

Hmm... could ASH make an interesting Master? He had some decidedly evil moments on Buffy (particularly season 5 when he killed Ben)

Attachments

• master copy.jpg
    master copy.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

ddvmor

I'm a little teapot!
Aye, The BBC back up all of this info too!

Popular 1970s character Sarah Jane, played by Elisabeth Sladen, will join new Doctor Who actor David Tennant.

/snip

The new 13-part series will also feature Buffy the Vampire Slayer star Anthony Head and an episode will be written by comic Stephen Fry.

The Cybermen will return in the new series, and the Doctor and Rose will meet Queen Victoria and an evil race of Cat Women. Coyote Ugly star Adam Garcia will make an appearance and further episodes will be written by Russell T Davies, Mark Gattis and Tom Macrae among others.

Kilmore

First Post
This is great. This will make Sarah Jane Smith the first "developed" character in Doctor Who! :p

P.S. I love the show. I just couldn't resist a swipe.

merztrumpet

First Post
Cthulhudrew said:
John Barrowman (Jack Harkness) has been signed for the new season for (I believe) an as yet unrevealed number of episodes, but he's not supposed to show up for until the season is underway a bit. The reason given (in an article I can't seem to find right now), being that Jack wouldn't be thrown off as much by the Doctor's regeneration as Rose, and they really want to play with the strange situation between the two, and develop that relationship on its own, before bringing Jack back into the fold. I suspect (given how popular the character and actor are) that he'll be back for quite a bit of the season, though.
As far as I understand Barrowman will be around a bit during season two as he wasn't sure of the dynamics at the time (apparently he wasn't very aware of Eccleston debacle until it happened) so he scheduled other things, but he'll be back pretty solidly for season three. Not sure where I read this - so salt an' all

Remove ads