The apocalypse on 2012?

drothgery

First Post
Michael Morris said:
January 19th 2038. At that point unix timestamps can no longer be stored with a 32 bit integer. PHP currently doesn't handle 64 bit integers well, and post times are stored using unix timestamps - so on January 19th 2038 the clock stops if I don't have the upgrade done by then.

Ahem, it will be done quite a bit sooner than then though :)

Whereas over in Windows-land, COM dates and .NET dates run out in 9999. Microsoft plans on being around a long time :).

Numion

First Post
megamania said:
what happens when you educate a dumbass? You get a smartass.

Your predictions are spot on!

Could you clue me in on the norwegian lottery numbers for next week? PM please..

Some authors of books about the Mayan calender says that the end date of the calender is 21 dec 2012. A couple of other authors have made some calculations and place the end date late oct 2011.

Then there are those who say the calender is off by 5 years so 2007 = 2012.

Then we have the masonic conspiracy about the city plan of Washington D.C. with a timeline stretching from the Washington Monument to the White House. For further details, view the Secret of Washington D.C. videos on Youtube.

In the Book of Revelation there is mentioned a Woman clothed in garments of the sun with the moon at her feet and stars above her head who will go int hiding for 3.5 years and give birth to a man-child. Some interpret this passage as referring to a Venus Transit. A Venus Transit is when Venus crosses the face of the Sun. The last one happened june 4 2004. Do the math. There is speculation about an upcoming solar flare killshot on some conspiracy forums.

Happy Christmas (if we get one).

ssampier

First Post
I am not worried. My tin-foil hat works just fine.

Merkuri said:
Is there a restaurant at the end of the world? Perhaps one where the cows will come out and ask me what part of them I'd like to eat today?
:p

Rackhir

Explorer
Alisair Longreach said:
Some authors of books about the Mayan calender says that the end date of the calender is 21 dec 2012. A couple of other authors have made some calculations and place the end date late oct 2011.

Then there are those who say the calender is off by 5 years so 2007 = 2012.

Are you trying to imply that the aliens might have given the Mayan's the wrong date?

The first authors of the Mayan calendar books might have miscalculated the end date, or worse, deliberately placed the end date five years further out in a disnformation attempt.

This end date should also coincide with a planetary cross alignment. Interestingly 23 december this year the planets do line up in a cross formation at the same time as a full moon and with with three visible comets. The Sun has also just begun a new solar maximum sunspot cycle.

This year we might have a very interesting christmas.

Rackhir

Explorer
Alisair Longreach said:
The first authors of the Mayan calendar books might have miscalculated the end date, or worse, deliberately placed the end date five years further out in a disnformation attempt.

This end date should also coincide with a planetary cross alignment. Interestingly 23 december this year the planets do line up in a cross formation at the same time as a full moon and with with three visible comets. The Sun has also just begun a new solar maximum sunspot cycle.

This year we might have a very interesting christmas.

I'll worry about things like planetary alignments when they revoke the inverse square law in physics.

To make this a bit clearer.

Standing on the surface of the earth, the force I exert on the earth is roughly about 10^12 times greater than the force that Pluto exerts. (It's been a long time since physics class so I might be off a couple of orders of magnitude). So remember this next time someone start babbling about "Planetary" or "stellar" alignment and remember things drop off as the square of the distance.

Last edited:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Alisair Longreach said:

"Just begun the cycle" means "is currently at a solar minimum". The next solar maximum is about five an a half years from now - closer to 2012 than 2007.

Remove ads