• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Arena (OOC)

Jemal

Adventurer
whoops i just realized a problem.. I p'osted that you each get 70,000GP.. that was a typo, and I've edited it.. it should be 90,000GP.

I apologize profusely to everyone, and will make it up to you somehow.

Corlon

First Post
Jemal said:
whoops i just realized a problem.. I p'osted that you each get 70,000GP.. that was a typo, and I've edited it.. it should be 90,000GP.

I apologize profusely to everyone, and will make it up to you somehow.

20,000gp??!! do you know how much of a hassle that will be to include into my character now that I haven't even started making him???!!
some people :D

I'll try an finish him, but I still have to finish up the metropolis dungeon, I really gotta hurry up!

Corlon

First Post
jemal, can I get absorb spell and the sorcerer feats from spells and spellcraft?

Absorb spell let's me forgo my save on a spell to make a will save to absorb it and then I get a slot back equal to one level lower than the spell I absorbed I think.

And there's something I need for it called bloodburn, I think it lets me deal myself 1d6 damage to raise the caster level of one of my spells by 1. If you think you'll allow these, I'll check the specifics.

And what's your (orthe cause I forget what it is) policy on multiclassing and max ranks?

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Spells+Spellcraft is ok

Multiclassing/max ranks:
If it's a class skill for all classes, then lvl+3
If it's NOT a class skill for all classes, you buy it lvl by lvl, using the class you're gaining a lvl in to figure out the max rank

EX: Spellcraft for a Wiz10/Fgtr2
first 10 lvls it's a class skill, so 10+3=13 ranks
next to it's cross class, so +.5 each lvl
total max ranks = 14.

EX 2: Hide for Ftr4/Monk4/Rog4
It's class for monk and rog, but ftr was first 4 lvls, SO...
(4+3)/2=3.5 for the ftr lvls
+8 for the monk/rog levels
=11.5 ranks max.

electric-ant

First Post
Was just thinking.....isn't a one-level loss a bit harsh of a penalty for losing in the arena? This only ensures that those who start losing, keep losing. In addition, it's going to pile on our characters pretty heavily if we want to have any in-party rivalry. :D It's not like the 'Greater Beings' are limited, so there's no reason they would need to do something like this.

Some alternate ideas:

1. Loss of arena points
2. Loss of access to The Store, or lost saved-money.
3. Loss of an item or two - maybe allow looting under certain guidelines?
4. One tally mark towards "You join the crew roasting in the Abyss for outside-the-grounds violence." - motivation to fight and win - some characters won't be motivated otherwise. :D Or, just a return to permanent death - everyone here was, presumably, dead at one point anyway.
5. Being 'out of action' for X number of days - prevents gain of arena points and social interaction - probably by means of waiting X days for true resurrection.
6. Other?

Last edited:

I suggest, that you have the option of pre purchasing a true ressurection before any event, but if you live through the event, the cost is wasted. Reccomended cost is 5,000 gold for the diamond component, which can easily be spent on by winnings or starting gold.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Built the character (in Excel) and now I need to type it into Word to send. Unfortunately, my bed is calling. I will e-mail it to you tomorrow pm.

Keia

Remove ads