The Blind Watchers of the Sylvan Shard

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC to Richard]I do not believe that medium or heavy armour have a functional leather armour underneath them that you can use separately as armour for +2 AC.

That said, it is typical for an adventurer without Endurance to own a set of light armour to wear to sleep (typically Leather for lowbies and Mithral Chain Shirt (or even Mithral Breastplate for incredibly crazily rich folks) for higher-levels). If Rae will allow it, since you thought it came with your armour but it doesn't, you can probably just pay the 5 gold and say you have a spare set of leather armour to wear to sleep.[/SBLOCK]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
OOC: Somehow I missed E2's action. We'll say it delayed.

Tumna's mind thrust is again repelled.

The creatures in the trees move around wildly. Tumna suddenly realizes that there are two of them. One descends 30' from it's web, dangling on a thick white thread, and shoots a gob of white webbing at Rinya. The half-elf just barely manages to dodge the attack.

The other performs a similar tactic, hovering just above Tumna and launching its web straight down. This one's web hits. Tumna is entangled, and anchored in place.

Thallirae jumps up and grabs her longbow.

Initiative:
Khairi Bahedar
Saithnar
Richard Rawen
Rinya Starflower
Lucien Rayes
Tumna Lakeside
E2
E1
Thallirae

Round 2:

Khairi...

[sblock=OOC to Richard: ]Medium armor doesn't automatically come with leather under armor, no. If you think Richard would have bought it, then the simplest solution is probably to deduct the cost of a light armor from your money and make like he was wearing light armor all along. I'd rather not punish you for an honest mistake.[/sblock]

Richard Rawen

First Post
Rae ArdGaoth said:
[sblock=OOC to Richard: ]Medium armor doesn't automatically come with leather under armor, no. If you think Richard would have bought it, then the simplest solution is probably to deduct the cost of a light armor from your money and make like he was wearing light armor all along. I'd rather not punish you for an honest mistake.[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC: ]No, I'm basing my thoughts on SCA and some exp in RL armor work... this is a game and it's rules are simple enough. At some point Richard will get ahold of some leather for this purpose, though realistically, if he has to carry it seperate along with all the other goodies, it's going to get encumbering (due to size, not weight). Thanks very much for the kind offer, we'll just assume he sleeps in 'clothing' like everyone else.[/sblock]

Dalamar

Adventurer
"Eww! The thing just spat on me!"
Quickly coming to the conclusion that she isn't going to be escaping from the webbing, she once again attempts to throw her mind at the creature, but the webbing ruins her concentration.
"Dammit!"

OoC: Concentration (1d20+6=12), DC was 16 for 1st-level power. 9PP left.

BigB

First Post
Thinking swords will not be effective Khairi will return swords to scabbards and ready his longbow.

[sblock] I assume this takes up his turn and he cannot load and attack.[/sblock]

He will use dodge against whichever creature is closest to him.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Initiative:
Khairi Bahedar
Saithnar
Richard Rawen
Lucien Rayes
Tumna Lakeside
E2
E1
Rinya Starflower
Thallirae

Khairi sheathes his sword and draws his bow.

Saithnar's energy ray completely misses the dangling monster.

Richard... switches to his javelin

Lucien... readies an action with his melee weapons to take a 5' step towards and attack anything that comes within range.

Tumna struggling with the web, curses.

The monsters...

OOC: I'll fill their actions in once I get actions from Richard and Lucien

Heckler: In Round 1, did Rinya delay until after the monsters? If so, her init can be adjusted and she'll have sheathed and drawn in Round 1, just after the ettercaps. I've assumed that's the case in the initiative above.

OOG: I'll be on vacation (sort of) for a week, starting tomorrow night. Though I may pop in for a few minor posts, this combat, unfortunately, I simply won't have time for. I should be back up to full speed by Friday of next week.

[sblock=Rystil: ]If you want, you can keep things going in my absence, or the PCs will just have to wait.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Heckler

First Post
Rae ArdGaoth said:
Heckler: In Round 1, did Rinya delay until after the monsters? If so, her init can be adjusted and she'll have sheathed and drawn in Round 1, just after the ettercaps. I've assumed that's the case in the initiative above.

ooc: Technically, she readied an action for an event which never occured. How that plays out I'm not sure, but I'm happy with how you're describing it. I'll wait to see what the ettercaps do before I declare my action this round, but hopefully it'll involve me hurting someone. :)

Richard Rawen

First Post
Heckler said:
ooc: . . . but hopefully it'll involve me hurting someone. :)
OOC: someone? Richard will keep his distance! :)
Richard takes in the tactics of the beasts, sheathes his sword and grabs his shield and javelins, preparing to skewer a critter!

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Seeing the band pull out their ranged weapons, the dangling monsters suddenly descend at a rapid rate, keeping far away from Lucien.

One pounces on Richard, the other on Khairi.

Richard's monster easily bites through his clothes and embeds its teeth deep into his shoulder. (8 damage) Green venom fills the large puncture wounds. (Fort save DC 15)

Khairi's spider-thing also gets the upper hand. It swings at him and its fangs break his skin easily. (4 damage) Khairi also swoons as poison flows from the creature's mouth. (Fort save DC 15)

OOC: The creatures are dangling by web strands from their web in the trees, 5' above and adjacent to Khairi and Richard. (This counts as higher ground and grants them a +1 on attack rolls.) They can be reached from any adjacent square (as normal) and from the square directly beneath them (this does not count as being in the same square as a foe). Their web strands are also valid targets, their AC is 13.

The creatures "charged" down their strands, so their AC is currently reduced by -2. They are both engaged in melee, and so incur the -4 penalty for shooting into melee (unless you have the Precise Shot feat, of course.

Rinya...

Thallirae fires an arrow at Richard's monster. It pierces its body easily, and black blood oozes from the wound. (4 damage)

Remove ads