The Blind Watchers of the Sylvan Shard

Richard Rawen

First Post
Richard glances around, it doesn't appear that his foe has reinforcements, but that Lucien can't get to it either. Taking a poor swing he then steps back, trying to lead the beastie into range of his ally.

OOC: 9 to hit :( 5' move back towards J2 in hopes to lure critter into open. Ready to take a swat at it if it should try spell-casting though.

Last edited:

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Sigh, I really hate to keep doing this to you guys, but my computer issues just took a huge turn for the worse. Gods willing, I'll resolve everything this weekend. Thanks for your patience.

Dalamar

Adventurer
Tumna lets out a frustrated sigh as she realizes that there isn't much she can do against these creatures since they lack a mind for her to affect. She gets closer to the bigger group and then creates a slick screen of ectoplasm under the feet of two.

OoC: Move to I-5, then manifest psionic grease to squares OP-67. Reflex DC 14.

Yeah, computer problems can be a real pain in the rear. Take your time and get them fixed.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Thanks, I'm doing my best not to lose my cool. =P

Tumna, staring into the small, tentacled creature's green eyes sees that its mind has been consumed, and it's acting purely on instinct. The satyrs, however, have a more cunning, intelligent look about them.

OOC to Dalamar: The satyrs are not immune to mind-affecting effects. If you want to repost Tumna's round 2 action, go ahead.

Richard Rawen

First Post
Rae ArdGaoth said:
Sigh, I really hate to keep doing this to you guys, but my computer issues just took a huge turn for the worse. Gods willing, I'll resolve everything this weekend. Thanks for your patience.
It's not like you are responsible for your computer dying. Things have been moving at a decent clip with a nice variety / interaction. Thanks for running our game, and Lord willing you will be back soonly!

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Round 2 con't

Lucien holds his weapons at the ready.

Rinya cuts at the satyr, opening another large gash in its body. (11 damage to S1) Her first cut is already healing, and this one begins the speedy process of patching itself up, too.

Khairi stands in wait of more threats.

Tumna moves to I5 and creates grease around the rear 2 satyrs. They both remain standing. (Assumes the reflex save DC is 14)

Richard strikes at the tentacle creature, misses, then steps back.

Thallirae begins casting a spell. The satyr tries to butt her with his horns, but she dodges. Then she reaches through the concealing roots and grabs the satyr. Sparks fly from her finger tips and the fungus roots growing out of the satyr's head flail wildly. But the burn marks where her finger tips touched are already beginning to return to their natural color. (13 damage to S3) Thallirae then takes a step back.

Thallirae's satyr (S3) moves out of the way for his friend (S1). He attacks Rinya, she dodges the head butt, but gets nicked with the dagger. (no crit, 1 damage to Rinya)

The second satyr (S2) attempts to move out of the grease, but his hooves simply slide over the slick mushroom roots. Shrugging with nonchalance, the satyr grins and attacks Rinya. The slick ground throws off the attack.

The other satyr is more successful in leaving the grease. He moves to the patch of roots next to Tumna Rinya and attacks with his horns and dagger. She narrowly avoids being rammed.

Saithnar...

[sblock=OOC: ]Technically Tumna couldn't reach I5 with 30' of movement, and therefore she technically couldn't get in range for her power, but for the sake of moving things forward, I fudged it.

To everyone: Please try to be as meticulous as possible when determining movement. I spend a fair amount of time making these maps, and I try to make the terrain interesting. Whether you use it to your advantage or are hampered by it, my goal is for the terrain to have an effect on the challenge of the combat. Having the DM nudge PC's 5' whenever a desired action is just out of reach defeats the purpose of strange terrain.

Also, please include relevant information with spells, like spell saves. It saves me the hassle of having to look it up every time, and it ensures that all characters get their due.

Thanks for putting up with my frequent absences and unreasonable demands. =)[/sblock]

Attachments

• roots-first_chamber.jpg
    roots-first_chamber.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:

Dalamar

Adventurer
Tumna continues adding more ectoplasm to the floors, hoping to contain their enemies.

OoC:Well darn, I was sure I counted the squares right. My guess is that I accidentally counted a diagonal step into the difficult terrain as 2 squares instead of 3 as it should be.

Stay put and psionic grease MN-78, Reflex DC 14.
14PP remaining.

Edit - Just realized that the text says there's a satyr next to Tumna even if there isn't one on the map. If that is the case, then 5ft-step away from it and manifest inertial armor to bring AC to 16.

Last edited:

Remove ads